League 2 Opta Facts - 15 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League 2 Opta Facts – 15 August
Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City
- Lincoln have won eight of their last ten matches against Accrington, drawing the other two.
- Accrington Stanley have lost three of their last four home games against the Imps, failing to score in the last two.
- Accrington’s last eight league matches (inc. last season) have produced just 11 goals.
- Lincoln took more points on the road (30) than at home (29) last season.
Barnet v Shrewsbury
- Three of the last five matches between these two teams have ended in a draw.
- Barnet are unbeaten in their last five home games against Shrewsbury.
- No side took fewer wins on the road in League Two last season than the Shrews (three).
- Only Macclesfield (37) conceded more goals at home in League Two last season than Barnet.
Bournemouth v Rotherham
- There have only been three goals scored in the last three matches between these two sides.
- Bournemouth have won only once in their last five home games against the Millers.
- No side conceded fewer goals than Bournemouth (15) at home in League Two last season.
- Rotherham failed to score in their last three away league matches of 2008/09.
Bradford v Port Vale
- The away side has won six of the last eight meetings between the sides and the last three in a row.
- The losing side has failed to score in the last eight meetings between the two.
- After September last season, Bradford lost just one home match in the league – though this was a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Port Vale.
- Though they have now drawn their last five home league games, Port Vale have drew just once in their last 10 away league trips.
Burton Albion v Morecambe
- None of the last 11 meetings between the two sides have ended in a draw.
- Burton have won two of their last six home games against Morecambe.
- This is the highest tier of football that these two sides have met in before.
- Burton have lost six of their last seven matches in the league (including last season).
Chesterfield v Northampton
- There have only been two goals scored in the last three meetings between these two sides.
- Chesterfield are unbeaten in their last seven home matches against the Cobblers.
- Northampton failed to score in five of their last seven League One away matches of 2008/09.
- Chesterfield have now failed to score in their last six matches in League Two (including last season).
Dag & Red v Torquay
- This will be the first ever meeting between the two sides.
- Torquay were unbeaten in their last nine league matches on the road in 2008/09.
- Had only away form counted in the 2008/09 Conference, the Gulls would have finished top.
- Dagenham and Redbridge scored more goals at home last season than any other League Two side.
Darlington v Bury
- Darlington have scored nine goals in their last four league meetings with Bury.
- Bury have lost in three of their last four trips to Darlington, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Darlington failed to win in their last four league matches at home in 2008/09, losing twice and drawing twice.
- Bury drew their last six league away matches last season.
Grimsby v Crewe
- The winning side in this fixture have kept a clean sheet in four of the last five occasions.
- Grimsby have won only one of their last six home matches against Crewe.
- Crewe have lost their last four league matches on the trot (Leagues One and Two).
- Blundell Park became a fortress at the end of 2008/09, with the Mariners keeping four clean sheets in their last five league games there.
Hereford v Cheltenham
- Cheltenham have won only one of their previous six derbies against Hereford.
- Hereford scored exactly three goals in their two league meetings with Cheltenham last term.
- Town managed just one win in their last 10 away matches in League One last season.
- Hereford lost seven matches in a row at home to seal their relegation fate in 2008/09.
Macclesfield v Notts County
- Five of the last seven matches between these two sides have ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Macclesfield have not won any of their last six home matches against Notts County, drawing their last four.
- Town kept just one clean sheet in their last nine league games at home in 2008/09.
- On the two occasions last season in which County bagged more than three goals, they went on to lose their next games 6-1 and 3-0.
Rochdale v Aldershot
- Rochdale are unbeaten in seven competitive matches against the Shots.
- Aldershot have lost in their last five visits to Rochdale, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Despite only two sides being more prolific at home in League Two last season than Rochdale, they managed just one win in their last five games at Spotland.
- Only Grimsby (16) took fewer points on the road last season in League Two than the Shots (17), and no side conceded more goals away from home.