League 2 Opta Facts - 16 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Accrington Stanley v Bradford
- Accrington haven't lost any of their last five clashes with Bradford, winning twice and drawing 1-1 three times.
- Stanley have scored in all but one of their last nine meetings with Bradford.
- The score has been level at half time in all three of Accrington's games this season in all competitions, yet Stanley have lost two of them (one draw).
- Despite finding the net in all three of their games this season, Bradford have lost twice and drawn once.
- Bradford have found the net in each of their last six consecutive matches, with the last time they failed to net being a 0-3 defeat at Accrington last term.
- The Bantams have gone five games without a win in all competitions.
Aldershot v Torquay
- The Shots have lost four out of their last five clashes at home with the Gulls.
- Both clashes between these two sides last term ended 1-0 to Aldershot, however.
- Both of the Shots' game winning goals in their clashes with Torquay last term came in the second half.
- Both of Aldershot's league games so far this season have seen one team winning at both half time and full time.
- Before last weekend's 2-1 victory over Burton, Torquay had gone six league games without a victory (excluding playoffs).
Barnet v Gillingham
- The last four clashes between these sides have seen 15 goals scored, for an average of just under four goals per game.
- Barnet have won just one of their last four home games against the Gills.
- Gillingham have lost just one of their last 13 away ties in the league.
- Barnet have won three of their last five games in all competitions, despite scoring exactly one goal in all five matches.
- Bees' striker Izale McLeod netted a hat trick against the Gills the last time these two clubs met.
- In the last four meetings between these sides, the away side has scored twice as many goals as the home side (10-5).
Bristol Rovers v Northampton
- Bristol Rovers have kept a clean sheet against Northampton in four of their last six encounters.
- The Cobblers have failed to win any of their last five trips to the Memorial Stadium.
- Northampton have yet to concede a goal in the league this season, but have only scored one themselves.
- Three of the four goals Bristol have conceded this season have come in the first half.
- The Pirates have scored and conceded in each of their last six league games.
Burton Albion v Port Vale
- The away side has never won in a clash between these two sides.
- Burton have never scored more than one goal in a match against the Valiants.
- All three games Burton have played this term in all competitions have ended level after 90 minutes.
- Burton have conceded nine goals in three games this season, and all nine have come after the half-time interval.
- Port Vale have scored at least two goals in four of their last five matches.
- The Brewers have found the back of the net in each of their last nine games.
Cheltenham v Morecambe
- Both league matches between these sides ended 1-1 last term.
- Cheltenham have never lost at home to the Shrimps.
- Morecambe's three games this season have all ended with a win and a clean sheet for the away side, with the away side scoring one, two, and three goals in each successive game.
- Both of the Robins' league matches this season have ended 1-0 to the home side, and both have featured a player from the home team getting sent off in the 83rd minute.
- Cheltenham have won just one of their last eight home games, losing six of them.
- Danny Carlton has opened the scoring in both of Morecambe's away games so far this term.
Crawley Town v Southend
- This match will be the first time these two sides have ever played each other.
- Crawley have already had two players sent off this term in all competitions.
- The Reds have scored at least two goals in all three games they've played thus far.
- Southend have failed to score in only two of their last 18 away games in all competitions.
- Southend have seen an opposition player sent off in both of their last two games.
- Crawley haven't lost a home league game since October 2010.
Crewe v Rotherham
- The Railwaymen have won only one of their last five matches at home against Rotherham.
- The Millers have won three of their last four clashes with Crewe, however.
- Crewe have lost all three games they've played this season in all competitions, conceding at least two goals in each game.
- Both of Rotherham's last two games have ended 4-1 in favour of the away side.
- All five goals the Millers have scored in the league so far this season have come in the second half.
- The Railwaymen's last four games have seen 17 goals scored - an average of just over four per game.
Dag & Red v Swindon
- These two clubs met for the first time last season, and both sides scored on each occasion.
- In both games last season, the team that was leading at half time did not come away with all three points.
- In both clashes last term, the Daggers scored a goal after the 80th minute to take points away from Swindon.
- The Daggers have scored just one goal in their first three games of the term combined.
- Both of Swindon's games this season have seen the home side win and keep a clean sheet.
Hereford v Macclesfield
- In the four home games the Bulls have played against Macclesfield, they have won just once.
- Hereford defender Michael Townsend was sent off in both fixtures against the Silkmen last term.
- Both sides have yet to score a goal in the league this season.
- All three goals Macclesfield have conceded in the league this term have come in the second half.
- Hereford have won just one of their last five home matches in League Two.
- Macclesfield have kept just two clean sheets in their last 10 away league games.
Oxford Utd v Shrewsbury
- Only one of the last 11 clashes between these sides in all competitions has ended in a draw.
- Mark Wright scored for Shrewsbury against the U's in both fixtures last term.
- Both of Shrewsbury's league games this season have ended 1-1.
- The away side has netted in the final 10 minutes in both of these two 1-1 draws.
- Oxford have won just one of their last five home games in all competitions.
- Shrewsbury have won five of their last eight away fixtures in all competitions.
Plymouth v AFC Wimbledon
- This match will be the first time these clubs have ever played against each other.
- Plymouth have had the worst start of all the sides who were relegated to League Two last term - gaining just one point from their first two games.
- The Dons have seen 12 goals scored in their first three fixtures, for an average of four goals per game.
- Wimbledon striker Luke Moore has scored four goals in the Dons' last six league games (excluding playoffs).
- The Pilgrims have lost five of their last six games in all competitions.
- Last weekend's 2-0 victory over Dagenham & Redbridge was Wimbledon's first ever victory in the Football League.