League 2 Opta Facts - 21 October
Accrington Stanley v Hartlepool
- Accrington have won just one of their last nine league games against Hartlepool (D2 L6).
- Pools have won three of their last four against Accrington, drawing the other. Each of those wins has been by a single goal.
- 67% of Stanley's goals this campaign have come in the first half, a joint-high share in the division.
- By contrast, just 25% of Hartlepool's strikes this season have come in the first half.
- Only five different players have scored for Hartlepool this season, fewer than any other League Two club.
AFC Wimbledon v Plymouth Argyle
- The Dons are yet to record a home win over Plymouth in three attempts (D2 L1). They've scored once in each of those matches.
- Plymouth's only win in six previous meetings with AFC Wimbledon came in March 2012 (W1 D2 L3).
- Adebayo Akinfenwa has netted five in his last three home games for the Dons.
- The Pilgrims have won three successive league games. The last time they managed to win four consecutively was in February 2008.
- Indeed, Plymouth have gone 347 minutes without conceding in League Two.
Cambridge United v Cheltenham Town
- Cambridge United have won three of the previous four clashes with Cheltenham in the Football League (L1).
- Cheltenham have been defeated by a single goal in both of their visits to Cambridge (2-1 in March 2004, 1-0 in February 2005).
- Ryan Donaldson has recorded six assists this season, more than anybody else in League Two.
- Terry Gornell has scored three goals in as many games after failing to score in his previous 37 games for Cheltenham Town (all comps).
- Cheltenham have lost their last three away games in League Two. No side is on a worse run currently than them.
Carlisle United v Burton Albion
- This will be the first meeting between the two sides in the Football League.
- Burton failed to score in their only previous encounters with Carlisle in the Conference, losing 1-0 at home and drawing 0-0 away in 2004/05.
- Carlisle's defeat to Plymouth at the weekend halted a run of three successive wins.
- The Brewers are the only League Two side yet to concede in the opening 15 minutes.
- The Cumbrians have kept clean sheets in their last two home games, having gone six prior without a shutout.
Exeter City v Wycombe Wanderers
- The Grecians have failed to score in their last two home games against Wycombe (all comps), having scored in the four prior to that.
- Wycombe were unbeaten in all competitions against Exeter last season, winning away in the league and Johnstone's Paint Trophy and drawing at home.
- Exeter City have now failed to keep a clean sheet in every one of their 13 League Two games this season.
- The Chairboys are the only League Two side without an away defeat this season (W4 D2).
- Only Southampton (5) have conceded fewer goals than Wycombe in the top four tiers this season (8).
Luton Town v Dag & Red
- Luton were 2-1 victors in this exact fixture in November 2008, the last time the two met. The Daggers won the reverse fixture by the same scoreline
- Former boss John Still led Dagenham and Redbridge into the Football League in 2007. He oversaw 264 games in the Football League, winning 89 (D60 L115).
- The Hatters have won five consecutive games in League Two. It is their best run in the Football League since winning six on the spin in April 2005.
- The Daggers have dropped a league-high 13 points from leading positions this season. Luton haven't dropped any.
- Dagenham have shipped nine goals in the final 15 minutes this season, as many as Luton have in total.
Morecambe v York City
- Morecambe failed to score in either game against York City in League Two last season.
- The Minstermen's 1-0 win over Morecambe in January 2014 was their first in four Football League meetings (D2 L1).
- Morecambe have scored three times directly from a free-kick, more than any other side.
- York City have received red cards in consecutive games (Russ Penn against Newport County and Ryan Jarvis against Shrewsbury Town).
- York's winless run now stands at seven games, drawing two and losing five.
Newport County v Southend United
- Newport have lost only one of their previous 12 home league games against the Shrimpers (W9 D2).
- Southend's clean sheet against the Exiles in January was their first in 15 games against them.
- The Exiles are yet to keep a clean sheet in their six league games at home this season.
- Southend have gone three games without a win (D1 L2), having won four games in a row prior to this.
- Chris Zebroski has scored in back-to-back games for Newport, for the first time since April.
Northampton Town v Oxford United
- Northampton have won their last seven league games against the U's at home.
- In fact, Oxford have only beaten Northampton once in 10 league games at Sixfields, in March 2001 (D1 L8).
- The injured Marc Richards has scored eight league goals for Northampton this season. No other player at the club has more than three.
- Oxford are the only League Two side yet to win away from home (D2 L4).
- Indeed, only two of Oxford's 13 points so far have come on the road.
Portsmouth v Stevenage
- Portsmouth's only competitive win over Stevenage came in the League Cup in August 2010.
- Since then, Stevenage are unbeaten against Pompey, winning twice at home and drawing once at Fratton Park.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in three of their last four in League Two.
- All five of Chris Whelpdale's goals for Stevenage this season have come at home.
- Pompey are one of two sides yet to score in the opening 15 minutes.
Shrewsbury v Bury
- Shrewsbury have failed to score in four of their last five league games against the Shakers.
- Bury are unbeaten in seven clashes with the Shrews (W4 D3).
- The Shrews are the only unbeaten side at home in League Two (W5 D1). Only Bury (18) have collected more points at home than them this season (16).
- Ryan Lowe has scored in his last three games for the Shakers in all competitions.
- Bury have scored 16 second half goals this season, as many as Shrewsbury have managed in total.
Tranmere Rovers v Mansfield Town
- Tranmere have won three of their last four league encounters with the Stags, though this is their first meeting since 2003 (L1).
- Mansfield have put six goals past Tranmere on four separate occasions in the Football League. In fact, they last time they scored six in the Football League was against Rovers (October 2002).
- Tranmere have lost their last five games in League Two without a win. They last lost six in a row in September 2009.
- Mansfield are the only League Two side yet to claim a point from behind this season.
- Rovers have failed to score in six of their last seven league games, including each of the last four.