League 2 Opta Facts - 6 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers
- AFC Wimbledon will be appearing in their-first ever league game, and will also meet Bristol Rovers for the first time in their history.
- The Pirates conceded more goals (82) than any other League One side last term.
- Rovers also shipped 25 goals in the final 15 minutes last term, another third tier "high."
- Including playoffs, Wimbledon remained unbeaten through their last 10 league matches last term, winning eight of them.
- Rovers lost their last three away games last season as they suffered relegation from League One.
- Wimbledon netted six goals on their last appearance in a competitive game at Kingsmeadow, hammering Fleetwood 6-1.
Bradford v Aldershot
- All six clashes between these sides since Aldershot's return to the league four seasons ago have been won by the respective home team.
- The Bantams have won their last six home meetings with the Shots, who last won at Valley Parade in March 1979.
- The Bantams netted fewer goals (43) than any other League Two side last term.
- Aldershot found the net in 16 of their last 17 league games last term.
- Bradford only drew three of their 23 home games in 2010-11, a joint-low in League Two.
- Aldershot drew 11 away games in 2010-11, only Accrington drew more (14).
Gillingham v Cheltenham
- Cheltenham have never won at Gillingham, losing two and drawing two of their four previous league and cup trips to Priestfield.
- There have been four red cards in the last five clashes between these sides combined.
- Gillingham failed to win any of their last four home league games last term, losing their last two by a score of 2-4.
- Cheltenham suffered the biggest defeat in League Two last season, losing 1-8 to Crewe in April.
- Cheltenham won seven League Two away games in 2010-11, only one fewer than champions Chesterfield.
- Gillingham scored only 29 goals at home in 2010-11, fewer than any other side in the top half of League Two.
Macclesfield v Dagenham & Redbridge
- The last four clashes between these sides have seen a total of 15 goals netted - an average of almost four per game.
- The Daggers are unbeaten in three trips to Moss Rose, drawing twice and winning once.
- The Silkmen drew five and lost two of their final seven home games last season.
- Dagenham and Redbridge failed to win any of their last seven away games last season, losing each of the last five.
- Macclesfield won only six home league games in 2010-11, only Hereford and Stockport won fewer in League Two.
- Dagenham conceded at least two goals in each of their last five away games in 2010-11.
Morecambe v Barnet
- Midfielder Stewart Drummond has netted in each of his last two home meetings with Barnet.
- Morecambe have lost just one of their last nine clashes with the Bees in all competitions, winning four and drawing four.
- Morecambe scored and conceded in each of their last six league games last season, yet still failed to win any of the last five.
- Barnet gained 20 points from losing positions in League Two last season, a league-high.
- Morecambe failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 12 home games in 2010-11.
- The Bees only managed one clean sheet in their last 12 league games last term.
Northampton v Accrington Stanley
- The Cobblers have won two and drawn one of their three previous football league home meetings with Stanley.
- Five of the previous six league clashes between these sides have seen at least three goals netted.
- The Cobblers lost a massive 32 points from losing positions last season, a League Two-high.
- Northampton scored exactly two goals in each of their last six league games in 2010/11.
- 64% of the goals Accrington conceded last term came in the second half, the highest proportion in League Two.
- Accrington drew six of their last seven away league games last term, including each of the last five.
Port Vale v Crawley Town
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Port Vale and league debutants Crawley Town.
- Port Vale gained just six points from losing positions in the league last term, the fewest in League Two.
- Port Vale scored and conceded in 10 of their last 11 league fixtures at Vale Park last term, drawing the other one 0-0 against Bury.
- Crawley didn't lose any of their last 30 league games as they stormed to automatic promotion last season.
- Matt Tubbs scored more league goals than any football league player last season, netting 37 for Crawley in the Conference.
- The Red Devils have only lost one of their last 15 away games in all competitions, and that was a 0-1 defeat at Premier League champions Manchester United in the FA Cup.
Rotherham v Oxford Utd
- The Millers have found the net in each of their last 10 clashes with Oxford United, although the U's themselves have only failed to net once in this period.
- Seven of the last nine clashes between these sides, including each of the last five, have been won by the side playing at home.
- 55% of the goals the Millers conceded last term came before the break, the highest ratio in the fourth tier.
- Rotherham failed to score in five of their last seven home games last term.
- The U's failed to net in three of their last four away games in League Two last season.
- Oxford won a joint league-high five games from losing positions in League Two last term.
Shrewsbury v Plymouth
- There has been a man sent off in each of the last five clashes between the Shrews and the Pilgrims.
- Plymouth have only won one of their last 14 trips to Shrewsbury in all competitions; a 3-2 league win in March 1997.
- Shrewsbury won more points from their final 10 games (23) than any other League Two side last season.
- The Shrews have won their last four opening day games, netting a total of 14 goals in the process.
- Plymouth lost their last three league games last season, conceding eight goals in the process.
- The Pilgrims are unbeaten in eight opening day clashes, not tasting defeat on the first weekend of the season since a 3-4 loss at Mansfield in 2002.
Southend v Hereford
- Southend have won each of their last nine clashes with Hereford, not tasting defeat to the Bulls since March 1986.
- Barry Corr netted three goals in two games against Hereford last term.
- Southend lost just eight points from winning positions last season, the fewest in League One.
- The Shrimpers didn't lose any of their last nine home league games in League Two last season and kept a clean sheet in four of the last five.
- Hereford drew each of their last four away games last term.
- The Bulls will be starting their league campaign on the road for the fifth time in six seasons since their promotion in 2005/06.
Swindon v Crewe
- The last five meetings between these sides have seen just four goals scored, with Swindon failing to net in each of the last three.
- The Railwaymen are unbeaten in their last five trips to Swindon, winning three and drawing two.
- No side netted fewer goals in the opening 15 minutes of play in League One than Swindon last term (four).
- Crewe started their last seven league seasons with a home fixture, but lost their last three in a row.
- Swindon failed to win any of their last 13 home league games last season, scoring just six goals in total during the winless run.
- Crewe were League Two's top scorers last season, netting a total of 87 goals.
Torquay v Burton Albion
- Only one of the last eight league meetings (including conference) between these sides has ended in draw.
- The Gulls have found the net in each of their eight clashes with Albion.
- No side netted more goals in the opening 15 minutes of League Two games last season than Torquay (15).
- Burton Albion, on the other hand, conceded more goals in the opening quarter hour than any other bottom tier side (16).
- Torquay's last three home games in League Two last season all finished 0-0.
- Burton were only in front in five away games last season, the lowest amount of all teams in the bottom tier.