League One Opta Facts 9 - 10 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League One Opta Facts - September 3-5
Bournemouth v Chesterfield
- Chesterfield have won their last three league meetings with the Cherries.
- Jack Lester has scored in his last two meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions.
- No side has conceded more goals in League Two this season than Bournemouth (13 along with Rochdale).
- Chesterfield have failed to find the net in three of their six league games so far this season.
- The Cherries have won just two of their last eight (regular) home league games, losing five and drawing the other.
Bury v Rochdale
- Rochdale have won only one of their last seven meetings with Bury.
- Bury have won their last two league games at home to the Dale.
- Rochdale have shipped a joint-league-high 13 goals so far this season.
- The Shakers have lost two of their three home league games this season, and three of their last four.
- A joint-league "high" nine of the 10 goals Bury have shipped this season have come in the second-half.
Carlisle v Hartlepool
- Carlisle have won three of their last four meetings with Hartlepool.
- There have been 15 goals scored in the last four clashes between Carlisle and Pool.
- Carlisle are the only League One side yet to score a first-half goal this season, with all seven of their strikes coming after the break.
- Pool are unbeaten on the road this season, and have netted a joint-league-high seven away goals.
- Scottish striker Lee Miller has bagged three goals in his two league games for the Cumbrians this season.
Charlton v Exeter
- Exeter won both clashes with the Addicks last season.
- Victory at Charlton last season ended a run of five consecutive league defeats for the Grecians at the Valley.
- The Addicks are unbeaten in the league this season, winning four of their six games. They only managed to win one of their last seven games of last season.
- Exeter have failed to score in four of their six league games so far this season.
- Bradley Wright-Phillips has now netted four goals in his last three games for Charlton.
Colchester v Leyton Orient
- There were 11 goals scored over the two meetings between the sides last season (six for Orient, five for Colchester).
- Orient have conceded a league-"high" four headed goals this season.
- Orient are without a win in their last 16 league trips to Colchester since 1951.
- The U's have won their last three matches at home to Leyton Orient in the league.
- Orient have only picked up one point from three games on the road this term.
Huddersfield v Tranmere
- Three of the last four meetings between the two sides, in all competitions, have ended in 2-0 away wins for Huddersfield (with other game was a 0-0 draw at Huddersfield).
- Rovers are unbeaten in three trips to the Galpharm Stadium, winning one and drawing two.
- The Terriers' Lee Novak has bagged a total of four goals in the last three league clashes with Tranmere.
- Rovers have four clean sheets in their six league games so far, a joint-league-high.
- Only three of Huddersfield's 10 goals in the league this season have come before the break
Notts County v Walsall
- County have lost just one of their last 12 home league meetings (not incl. play-offs) with the Saddlers, although they have drawn and lost their last two.
- The Magpies' Lee Hughes, who leads the scoring charts this season, with five, netted at home to Walsall last season.
- Walsall have lost a league-"high" seven points from leading positions this season.
- County have now gone five league games without keeping a clean sheet.
- Ryan Jarvis has bagged three goals in total in his last three games for the Saddlers (in all competitions).
Oldham v Stevenage
- These two sides have never met before.
- The Latics have netted three penalty kicks so far this season, a division-high.
- A division-high 71% of Oldham's league goals (five out of seven) this season have come in the first half.
- Stevenage have lost just one of their last 10 league (incl. play-off) games.
- There has been a red card brandished in three of Oldham's last four games (two for Oldham players, one for their opponents).
Preston v Yeovil
- These two sides have never met before.
- After shipping four goals in their opening game of the new season, followed by one in the next, Preston have now kept three clean sheets in a row.
- The Glovers have failed to score in four of their six league games this season.
- Despite North End netting a total of eight league goals so far this season, no Preston player has scored more than once.
- Only two of the six goals Yeovil have conceded this season have come in the second-half, a joint-league-low.
Scunthorpe v Sheffield Utd
- Scunthorpe have won five and drawn two of their last seven meetings with the Blades.
- The two meetings between the sides last season produced a total of nine goals.
- The Iron have scored exactly three goals in each of their last three clashes with United at Glanford Park (all home wins).
- The Blades have yet to score a goal before the 41st minute of action in the league this season (13 goals scored in total).
- United boast the strongest defence so far this season, shipping a total of just three goals.
Sheffield Wed v MK Dons
- MK Dons have only enjoyed one win in their last six meetings with Wednesday, drawing three and losing two.
- The last six meetings between the two sides have produced a total of 24 goals.
- The Owls have picked up a joint-league-high four points from losing positions in the league this season.
- Wednesday forward Gary Madine has now hit three in three league games.
- The free-scoring MK Dons have now hit a total of 17 goals in their last five games in all competitions.
Wycombe v Brentford
- Three of the last four clashes between these sides have ended in draws.
- Wycombe are unbeaten in seven meetings with the Bees, winning three and drawing four.
- A division-high 60% of Wycombe's goals have been headed this season (a joint-league-high three).
- Brentford have won four of their six league games this season, compared to just one win from the last six games from last season.
- Wycombe have just the one league win under their belt this season (after five games), after winning five and drawing five of the last 10 games of last season.