League One Opta Facts - August 21st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League One Opta Facts - August 21st
Bournemouth v MK Dons
- MK Dons have picked up seven of a possible nine points from their last three meetings with Bournemouth.
- On home soil, the Cherries have only won two of their five clashes with the Dons (in all competitions), losing three.
- Bournemouth have drawn four of their last five competitive matches.
- MK Dons have had a player sent off in both of their competitive matches so far in 2012-13.
Brentford v Yeovil
- Yeovil have lost only one of their last eight league matches against Brentford, winning six of those games.
- At Griffin Park, the Bees have won just one of their last four clashes with the Glovers.
- Brentford have failed to score in both of their competitive matches in 2012-13 so far, and stretching back to last season, the Bees have not scored in four of their last seven.
- Richard Hinds has scored three goals in his two appearances for Yeovil so far this season.
Carlisle v Tranmere
- Tranmere have failed to score in four of their last six matches against Carlisle United.
- At Brunton Park, the Cumbrians are unbeaten in three against Rovers, winning two, drawing two and keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Matty Robson has scored both of Carlisle's goals in 2012-13 so far, netting in their league cup win over Accrington and their draw against Stevenage in their League One opener.
- Tranmere have won their opening two competitive matches of a season for the first time since 2003/04. They drew the third game on that occasion, however.
Colchester v Portsmouth
- This will be the first league meetings between these two sides since November 1980.
- Colchester are yet to score a goal in 2012-13, losing 3-0 in the League Cup to Yeovil and drawing 0-0 in their league opener against Preston.
- Portsmouth have won just four of their last 21 competitive matches.
- Izale McLeod has scored seven goals in his last nine competitive appearances in the month of August (or Barnet and Portsmouth combined).
Coventry v Sheffield United
- The last three meetings between Coventry and Sheffield United have produced only two goals.
- On home soil, the Sky Blues have enjoyed just one victory over the Blades in the last four clashes.
- Coventry City have won just one of their last eight competitive matches, and this came in the League Cup versus lower-league opposition.
- The Blades opened the new league season with a win against Shrewsbury, their first victory in four league games (prior to that they had won six in a row, excluding play-offs).
Doncaster v Bury
- Bury have netted in each of their last 12 meetings with Doncaster Rovers in all competitions.
- There has only been one goalless draw in the 55 meetings between these two sides (in all competitions).
- Relegated Rovers' 3-0 away win at Walsall means they have won two of their last three games, although those two victories are also their only win in their last 14 fixtures.
- The Shakers enjoyed just one win in their last 11 league games on the road.
Leyton Orient v Stevenage
- These two sides produced only one goal in their two league meetings last season, while two red cards were dished out.
- In the three meetings between these two sides (in all competitions), there has never been a home win.
- The O's have enjoyed just one victory in their last 10 competitive games, losing eight and drawing one.
- Stevenage have lost just one of their last 10 competitive fixtures.
Notts County v Hartlepool
- Three of the four league meetings in the past two seasons between Notts County and Hartlepool have ended in a 3-0 win for the home side.
- Only one of the last 15 matches between these two clubs have seen the away side victorious.
- The Magpies have lost just one of their last nine league games, winning six and drawing two.
- Following their goalless draw at the weekend, Hartlepool have now enjoyed just one win in their last eight league fixtures.
Oldham v Walsall
- Walsall have won just one of their last eight matches against Oldham Athletic, losing five of these games.
- The Latics have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five meetings with Walsall (bagging two in the other).
- Oldham were beaten at the weekend by MK Dons and have now enjoyed just one win in their last 10 league fixtures.
- The Saddlers have lost four of their last six league games, winning one and drawing one.
Scunthorpe v Crewe
- The last eight meetings between these two sides have seen an average of four goals a game scored.
- The Iron have suffered just one defeat in their last six meetings with the Railwaymen, although that loss did come last time out, 3-2 in January 2009 away at Crewe.
- Scunthorpe are without a win in their last six league games, drawing three, losing three and scoring a total of just two goals in the process.
- In their first game of the new league season, promoted Crewe suffered their first defeat in 16 league games.
Shrewsbury v Preston
- Preston have won three of their last four matches against Shrewsbury in all competitions.
- The Shrews have won just one of their last four league games, losing two and drawing one.
- North End have won just one of their last 11 league games, drawing seven and losing three.
- On home soil, Shrewsbury have won four in a row, while they are unbeaten in their last 23 at New Meadow.
Swindon v Crawley
- Swindon won both of their League Two meetings with Crawley last season, both with a 3-0 scoreline.
- The four meetings in total between these two sides (in all competitions) have produced a total of 13 goals.
- The Robins have drawn their last two games 0-0 and have won just one of their last five fixtures.
- Crawley have lost just one of their last 16 league games, winning eight and drawing seven.