League One Opta Facts | January 28-29
Bradford v Preston
- Bradford have only failed to score in one of their last 10 home league meetings with the Lilywhites.
- Preston have only lost one of their last eight league meetings with the Bantams (W4 D3).
- The Bantams have gone nine league games without a win (D6 L3).
- The Lilywhites have scored 12 goals via headers this term; a league-high.
- Bradford have conceded 72% of their goals in the first half this season; a league-high share.
Brentford v Bristol City
- All three goals in Brentford's 2-1 victory over Bristol City back in October came in the final 15 minutes of the game.
- The Robins have won three and lost none of their last four trips to Griffin Park in all competitions, keeping clean sheets in their last two.
- Brentford have gone 16 games unbeaten in league competition (W14 D2); the current longest run in the division.
- Birstol have scored 65% of their goals in the second half; a league-high share.
- Clayton Donaldson has scored four goals in his last six games for the Bees.
Carlisle v MK Dons
- After winning their first three home league meetings with MK Dons, Carlisle have failed to win any of their last two (D1 L1).
- The Dons have only kept one clean sheet in 11 previous meetings with the Cumbrians.
- Carlisle have conceded 11 goals from outside the area in open play this season; a joint-league-high with Port Vale.
- Defenders have scored 11 goals for the MK Dons this season; a league-high.
- The Cumbrians have conceded in each of their last nine home games in league competition.
Colchester v Shrewsbury
- Colchester are unbeaten in five league meetings with Shrewsbury, though four of these games have been draws.
- Shrewsbury have only lost one of their last 10 meetings with the Essex side (W4 D5).
- Colchester have alternated between victory and defeat in their last seven home league games. For this to continue, they must lose here.
- Shrewsbury have only lost one of their last eight trips to Colchester in the Football League (W3 D4).
- Colchester have won four and lost just one of their last six league games (D1).
- The Shrews have only managed one clean sheet in their last eight against Colchester in league competition.
Leyton Orient v Coventry
- These sides have already met three times this season, with Leyton Orient progressing in the FA Cup and JP Trophy but losing in the reverse league game.
- Carl Baker has scored twice and been sent off once in two meetings with the O's this season.
- Leyton Orient have won their last three league games; the current longest winning run in League One.
- The O's have clawed back 21 points from losing positions this season; more than any other side.
- Only Leyton Orient (34) have scored more second half goals than Coventry (33).
Oldham v Wolves
- Oldham have already met Wolves three times this season, losing in the league but knocking them out of the FA Cup in a replay.
- Leigh Griffiths has scored on both of his two starts against the Latics this term.
- Oldham have won nine and lost just two of their last 15 league meetings with the Midlands side (D4).
- Wolves are without a win in four away league games (D2 L2).
- Oldham are unbeaten in seven home league meetings with Wolves (W5 D2).
- Kenny Jackett's side have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven away league games.
Port Vale v Crawley
- Port Vale have scored at least twice in all three previous league meetings with the Red Devils (seven in total).
- Crawley have won one, drawn one and lost one of their three previous league meetings with the side from Stoke.
- Crawley have drawn their last two away games 2-2. In fact, the Red Devils have conceded exactly two goals in five of their last six in league competition (keeping a clean sheet in the other).
- Port Vale have won their last three games at Vale Park, keeping a clean sheet in their last two.
Stevenage v Crewe
- Stevenage have won three and lost none of their five previous league meetings with Crewe Alexandra.
- Despite never beating Stevenage, the Railwaymen have never tasted defeat at Broadhall Way (P2 D2).
- Crewe have dropped a league-high 19 points from leading positions this term.
- Stevenage have scored just two headed goals this season; fewer than any other team.
- Stevenage have netted just nine times in the second half this campaign; a league-low.
Tranmere v Rotherham
- Tranmere have only lost one of their last seven home league meetings with the Millers (W3 D3), winning three of their last four (L1).
- Rotherham have found the net in each of their last seven league meetings with Rovers.
- The Millers have struck 17 times in the opening 30 minutes of matches this term; a league-high.
- In contrast, Tranmere have scored just four times in the same 30 minute period; a league-low.
- No side has conceded more goals in the opening fifteen minutes of matches than Tranmere (10).
Walsall v Swindon
- Walsall ended a run of seven winless games against Swindon with a 3-1 win at the County Ground back in October.
- The Robins have won their last two trips to the Bescot Stadium; they have not won three in a row at Walsall since 1954.
- Swindon's midfielders have scored 26 goals this season; more than at any other club.
- The Saddlers are unbeaten in six league games, winning three (D3).
- All seven of Nile Ranger's league goals have arrived on home soil, with his only strike on the road coming at Loftus Road in the League Cup against QPR.
Sheffield United v Peterborough
- Sheffield United have won both previous home league meetings with Posh, scoring five and keeping two clean sheets.
- The away side has failed to net in each of the last four league clashes between these sides (one draw, three home wins).
- Peterborough have netted 11 times in their last three league games.
- Britt Assombalonga has scored five times in his last four appearances (all comps).
- Nicky Ajose has netted five goals in his last three appearances for the Posh.