League One Opta Facts - Play-Off Final
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League One Opta Facts - The Play-Off Final
Huddersfield Town v Sheffield United
- None of the last nine clashes between Huddersfield and Sheffield United in all competitions have ended in draws, with the Terriers winning five and the Blades triumphing in four.
- Sheffield United have appeared in three previous play-off finals, losing all three of them (1997, 2003 and 2009).
- The Blades were four points clear of Sheffield Wednesday in the second automatic promotion slot with three regular league games to play, but took two points from the last nine available and finished third.
- The team finishing third has the highest win percentage in third-tier play-offs, winning eight of 23 (35%) since 1989, including three of the last five.
- Huddersfield are making their seventh appearance in the third-tier play-offs. So far, they have been promoted just once.
- Despite that, the Terriers have only ever lost one play-off final, but that was to Peterborough United last season (0-3).
- 24 of Jordan Rhodes' 38 league goals for Huddersfield this season (including play-offs) have come away from the Galpharm Stadium.
- The team finishing fourth (this season - Huddersfield) has won the League One play-offs just four times since 1989, the lowest victory number of all play-off spots.
- Sheffield United are one of two teams (with Reading) to have lost a play-off final at three different grounds: the Old Wembley, the Millennium Stadium and the New Wembley.
- The Blades have only lost one of their last 14 games in all competitions (W8 D5), but have only won one of their last five (D3 L1).
- Huddersfield have lost four of their last eight games, winning three and drawing one.