League Two Opta Facts - April 20-21
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League Two Opta Facts - April 20-21
Southend v Barnet
- Southend have won their last five against Barnet in all competitions, scoring 11 and conceding two.
- Barnet won their first three trips to Roots Hall to face the Shrimpers, but have since lost their last two.
- The Bees have failed to win any of their last eight league games, drawing three and losing five.
- Barnet have kept just one clean sheet in their last 15 in League Two.
- Southend have failed to score in four of their last six league games.
Accrington v Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury have won their last two trips to Stanley Park in the league by the same scoreline (3-1).
- Only one of the last 11 clashes between Stanley and the Shrews in all competitions has ended in a draw.
- Shrewsbury have won their last four league games, they are yet to win five on the bounce all term.
- Stanley have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 16 league games, their worst run of the campaign.
- Aldershot have netted 52% of their goals before the break this season, a league-high figure.
Wimbledon v Torquay
- Torquay's 4-0 hammering of Wimbledon earlier this season was the first Football League meeting between the sides.
- Wimbeldon have conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other side in League Two (13).
- Luke Moore has scored all three of the Dons' goals in their last four games.
- Torquay are unbeaten in five and have lost just one of their last 11.
Bradford v Macclesfield
- The last three clashes between Bradford and Macclesfield have all ended 1-0, and five of the last six have all been won by the odd goal (one draw).
- Macclesfield have only lost one of their previous four league trips to Valley Parade, winning two and drawing one.
- The Silkmen have lost their last four away league games and are winless in 14 on the road.
- The Bantams have scored in each of their last 13 at Valley Parade.
- Macclesfield have scored 38% of their goals in the closing 15 minutes, a league-high proportion.
Burton v Aldershot
- Only one of the last 15 league (including Conference) clashes between the Brewers and the Shots has ended in a draw.
- The winning side in the last four league meetings between Burton and Aldershot has netted exactly twice.
- Aldershot have lost 11 of the 12 away games they have fallen behind in this season, drawing the other.
- After a run of three straight wins, Aldershot have won just one of their last five.
- The Brewers have taken seven points from the last nine available at home.
Crewe v Cheltenham
- Crewe won this fixture last season 8-1, the first time the Railwaymen had scored eight in a league game since 1938.
- There has never been a draw between these sides at Gresty Road, with Alex winning four and losing two of the previous six.
- The Railwaymen have not lost any of their last 10 home league games, and are unbeaten in 13 overall.
- The Robins have lost their last five on the road, failing even to score in their last four.
- Cheltenham have only scored one first-half goal in their last eight games combined.
Dagenham & Redbridge v Crawley
- The Daggers have won four of their last five home games against Crawley in all competitions.
- Crawley's 3-1 home win in October was the first Football League meeting between the sides, however.
- The Red Devils are unbeaten in six league games on the road.
Dagenham have scored a higher percentage of headed goals than any other team in League Two (33%).
- Crawley have gained 26 points from losing positions, a league-high.
- Dagenham have won a joint-high four games from losing positions on home soil this season.
Gillingham v Swindon
- Nine of the last 10 clashes between these sides have ended in home wins, with the other resulting in a draw.
- Swindon's last win at the home of the Gills came back in December 1986; they are without a win in four trips since then.
- The Robins have conceded a higher percentage of headed goals than any other League Two side in 2011/12 (34%).
- Gillingham have only won one of their last seven league games, drawing three and losing three.
- Paolo Di Canio's side ended a run of six clean sheets by conceding two at Aldershot in midweek.
Hereford v Northampton
- Four of the last five clashes between the Bulls and the Cobblers have ended in away wins, with the other ending all square.
- Northampton are actually unbeaten in six trips to Edgar Street in all competitions, last tasting defeat there in March 1996.
- The Cobblers have lost their last three league games, the worst current run in League Two.
- Hereford have scored a higher percentage of their goals in the opening 15 minutes than any other team in the fourth tier this term (20%).
- The Bulls have lost the most points from losing postions this season (27) and gained the joint-fewest when they've been behind (three).
Plymouth v Oxford
- The last four clashes between Plymouth and Oxford have seen 22 goals netted, an average of 5.5 per game.
- The Pilgrims and the U's have an exactly equal record in the Football League, winning 10 games each in this fixture (nine draws).
- Neither side has managed to score more than one goal in any of Plymouth's last eight games.
- The Pilgrims are unbeaten in four at Home Park, winning three.
- Oxford have kept four clean sheets in their last seven league games, conceding exactly twice in the other three.
Port Vale v Bristol Rovers
- Three of the last four clashes between Vale and Rovers at Vale Park have ended 1-1, with the Stoke-based side winning the other 1-0.
- Overall, the Gas have only won one of their last 10 against Port Vale in all competitions, beating them 3-2 at home in February 2008.
- Port Vale have conceded a joint-high 16 headed goals this season.
- The Pirates scored as many goals in their last game (seven) as they had in their previous eight league fixtures.
- Elliot Richards has scored four goals in his last three league games for the Pirates.
Rotherham v Morecambe
- There were three penalties scored in this season's reverse fixture, which finished 3-3.
- There has only been one goal scored in the last two clashes between the Millers and the Shrimps in South Yorkshire.
- The Millers have won their last three in a row at Don Valley Stadium.
- The Millers have shipped just 10% of their total goals against in the final 15 minutes, a league-low.
- Morecambe have only managed one clean sheet in their last nine away games combined.