League Two Opta Facts Aug 19
Burton Albion v Exeter
- Burton are unbeaten in three league meetings with Exeter, winning two and drawing one.
- Including games outside the Football League, the Grecians are winless in six at Burton (D2 L4).
- The Brewers remained unbeaten six league games on a Tuesday last season (W3 D3).
- Exeter, on the other hand, won just one of seven Tuesday league games in 2013/14 (D4 L2).
- Burton have found the net in their last seven home games against Exeter.
- No Exeter player managed to net against Burton last season; the Grecians' only strike against the Brewers was an Ian Sharps own goal.
Cheltenham Town v Carlisle United
- Cheltenham have only won one of their last nine against the Cumbrians (D3 L5).
- Carlisle have managed four clean sheets in their last six against the Robins, conceding just twice overall in this run.
- The Robins have won just 10 fouls in the division so far. No side has won fewer than them.
- Carlisle are in danger of losing their first three league games, something which they did last season.
- Cheltenham's weekend win over Accrington ended a run of four straight home league defeats.
Hartlepool United v Dagenham and Redbridge
- Hartlepool icon Andy Monkhouse scored his last goal for the club in a 2-0 win over Dagenham last season.
- Dagenham have scored exactly once on all three trips to Hartlepool in all comps (W1 L2).
- Pools are the only League Two side yet to score. They have mustered just eight shots and two on target, both league lows.
- The Daggers have faced the most shots on target in the division (15).
- Neither of these sides has picked up a yellow card yet this season, along with Cambridge.
Luton Town v Bury
- Luton have only won one of their last nine league games against the Shakers (D5 L3).
- The last three meetings between Luton and Bury have all ended 2-1 to the away side.
- Luton have conceded just 11 fouls so far in League Two. No side has managed fewer.
- Only Burton (9) have faced fewer shots on goal than Bury this season (11)
- Bury have lost just one of their last six away games (W2 D3).
Mansfield Town v Newport County
- Mansfield are without a clean sheet in five league meetings with Newport, including the Blue Square Premier.
- Just one of the last nine clashes between these sides in all competitions has been won by the away side.
- Mansfield only mustered one win from five league games on a Tuesday last term (D1 L3).
- County only won one of their eight league games on a Tuesday last season (D4 L3).
- The Stags have won seven and drawn one of their last eight home clashes with County in the Football League.
- The Exiles have netted just five times in their last eight Football League trips to Field Mill.
Morecambe v Oxford United
- Morecambe have only won one of their previous eight Football League games against Oxford United (D4 L3).
- Indeed Oxford have never lost in Morecambe in the league, winning once and drawing on three occasions.
- Furthermore, Kevin Ellison has netted with three of his four shots on target for the Shrimps.
- Oxford keeper George Long has made just two saves in his two games this season, conceding three times.
- All six of Morecambe's goals this season have come in the second half.
Plymouth Argyle v Stevenage
- Argyle won four and lost just one of their seven league games on a Tuesday last season (D2).
- This will be the first ever meeting between Plymouth and Stevenage.
- Plymouth have registered the most attempts on goal so far this season (25).
- Darius Charles has been fouled seven times in League Two so far, more than any other player.
- Reuben Reid has netted four goals in his last four appearances for the Pilgrims.
Portsmouth v Northampton Town
- Portsmouth have kept five clean sheets in their last six league meetings with the Cobblers, conceding just once overall.
- Northampton have won just one of their last 12 against Pompey (D3 L8).
- Pompey are unbeaten in their last nine League Two matches, winning six (D3).
- Only Exeter (32) have allowed their opponents more shots this season than the Cobblers (29).
- Pompey have kept one clean sheet in their last five at home in league competition, though they've lost just once (W3 D1).
Shrewsbury Town v Accrington Stanley
- Shrewsbury have kept five clean sheets in eight previous home league games against Accrington, conceding just three times overall.
- No League Two side won more games on a Tuesday last season than Accrington (four).
- James Collins has scored two goals from two shots on target this season.
- Only Dagenham and Redbridge (15) have afforded their opponents more shots on target than Accrington (14).
- Midfielder James Gray has scored four goals in his last five appearances for Stanley (all comps), though only one of those has arrived in this campaign.
Southend United v AFC Wimbledon
- Southend have won five of their previous seven competitive meetings with AFC Wimbledon (L2).
- The last four league meetings between the teams have been away wins, with both last season ending 1-0.
- Southend are the only side yet to concede in League Two this season.
- Matt Tubbs has scored two goals from just three shots on target in 2014/15.
- No player has provided more assists from the opening two fixtures than Southend's Barry Corr (2).
Wycombe Wanderers v Tranmere Rovers
- Wycombe have never managed a clean sheet in five home meetings with Tranmere (W2 L3).
- Rovers have won six of their last eight games against the Chairboys in the Football League (L2).
- Tranmere are winless in seven matches in league competition (D2 L5).
- Wycombe's Peter Murphy has scored with both of his efforts on goal this season.
- Wycombe have never won their opening three fixtures to a season in the Football League.
York City v Cambridge United
- York and Cambridge have not met in the Football League since 2003/04, when both matches finished 2-0 to the home side.
- Cambridge are unbeaten in six trips to Bootham Crescent overall (W2 D4).
- The Minstermen have gone 19 games unbeaten in league competition excluding the playoffs (W11 D8), last tasting defeat back in January (v Chesterfield, 0-2).
- Kwesi Appiah has fired in more shots (including blocked shots) than any other player this season (9).
- No side has committed fewer fouls this term than Cambridge United (11).