League Two Opta Facts | March 15 - 16
Burton v Wimbledon
- Burton have been shown a red card in each of their last two matches against Wimbledon (D1 L1).
- Wimbledon have scored in each of their five previous league meetings with Burton Albion, winning twice (D1 L2).
- The Brewers have been beaten just once in their last ten home games (W6 D3).
- The Dons have won just one of their last five away league fixtures (D2 L2).
- Billy Kee has found the net three times in his last two games at the Pirelli Stadium.
- Wimbledon have scored four times in their two league games in Burton, but have let in nine in the process.
Cheltenham v Torquay
- The Robins have scored exactly two goals in four of their last five league matches against Torquay, failing to score in the other (W1 D2 L2).
- Torquay have scored in each of their last 13 league games against Cheltenham (W7 D4 L2).
- Cheltenham have scored in each of their last seven home games. Only Burton (10) are a longer run currently than them.
- The Gulls have lost 11 times on the road this season, more than any other club in the division.
- Only Torquay (3) have recorded fewer home wins than the Robins in League Two this season (4).
Chesterfield v Oxford Utd
- Chesterfield are unbeaten in four against Oxford United in league competition, winning their last three (D1).
- Indeed, during that four-game run, Oxford have failed to score in three, netting just once in total.
- The Spireites have gone 12 home games without defeat (W5 D7), the longest run by any League Two side this season.
- The game pits League Two's best defences against each other, with both sides conceding just 34 goals each this season.
- Gary Roberts has recorded 11 assists in League Two this season, more than any other player. Five of the last six assists from Chesterfield players have been his.
- The U's have gone six League Two away games without a victory (D4 L2).
Dag & Red v Morecambe
- The Daggers are four without a win at home to Morecambe in league competition (D1 L3); last winning in February 2008 (2-0).
- Morecambe have lost just once in their last eight league meetings with Dagenham, winning five (D2).
- Dagenham are one of two sides yet to lose when leading this season, along with AFC Wimbledon (W11 D5).
- The Shrimps have conceded in each of their last 12 league games. Only Fulham and Bristol City (14) have waited longer for a clean sheet currently in the top four divisions.
- Jack Redshaw has scored five times in his last six games for Morecambe.
Fleetwood v Portsmouth
- Fleetwood won the reverse fixture earlier this season 1-0, courtesy of a Sonny Bradley own goal.
- Pompey have won just one of their last 13 away league games, losing five and drawing seven.
- Jamille Matt has scored in back-to-back league games for Fleetwood for the first time.
- Portsmouth have kept four consecutive clean sheets, their best defensive run since keeping six in a row in March 2011 in the Championship.
- However Pompey have gone 312 minutes without a league goal, drawing their last three games 0-0 in League Two.
Hartlepool v Bristol Rovers
- Hartlepool have gone eight games without a win against Bristol Rovers in league competition, drawing five and losing three.
- Bristol Rovers have never kept a clean sheet away at Hartlepool in the league (nine games).
- Coincidentally, Pools hold the joint-longest current run of consecutive home clean sheets (4, with Portsmouth).
- The Pirates have gone nine away league games without a win (D5 L4), scoring just four times in the process.
- John Joe O'Toole's last seven league for Bristol Rovers have all come at the Memorial Stadium. He has failed to score in his last six away games.
- Hartlepool's Christian Burgess is yet to miss a minute of League Two action and has played the most minutes of any outfield player in the division (3240).
Northampton v Mansfield
- Northampton have won five of their last six home league games against Mansfield, losing the other.
- There hasn't been a draw in this fixture since October 1999, with Mansfield winning five.
- The Cobblers have mustered just 93 shots on target this season and are the only League Two side yet to reach triple figures in this regard.
- Only Northampton (12) and Bristol Rovers (9) have found the net less frequently than Mansfield on their travels this season (14).
- Northampton have scored just 12 second-half goals this season, yet four of their last five strikes have come after the interval
Plymouth v Scunthorpe
- Plymouth have won each of their last five at home to Scunthorpe in league competition.
- Scunthorpe have won three of the last four league meetings between the sides, losing the other.
- The Pilgrims have dropped just a joint-league low seven points when in leading positions this season, while Scunthorpe have lost 27, a League Two high.
- The Iron are unbeaten in 20 league games, the longest run in the top four tiers (W9 D11). They have drawn their last four games however.
- Only two of Sam Winnall's last eight league goals for Scunthorpe have been scored away from home.
Rochdale v Accrington
- Rochdale have gone 14 league games without keeping a clean sheet against Accrington.
- Accrington's two league victories over Rochdale since 1960 have both arrived at Spotland (D1 L9).
- Scott Hogan has bagged four goals in his last three games at Spotland.
- Accrington have attempted the fewest number of shots in League Two this season (236, excluding blocks).
- Dale have scored the most home goals in League Two so far this season (35).
Southend v Bury
- Southend have lost only once in their last 14 home league games against Bury, winning seven (D6).
- Bury have kept just one clean sheet in their last 16 league encounters with Southend.
- The Shrimpers are winless in 10 league fixtures, the longest current run without a victory for any League Two club (D6 L4).
- Daniel Nardiello has scored four goals in as many league appearances for Bury, both braces.
- Just 5% of Southend's goals this season have been scored between the 45th and 60th minute, a League Two low proportion.
York v Wycombe
- York have lost only once to Wycombe at home in league competition, though this came in the most recent meeting last season (W4 D1).
- Wycombe have failed to score in three of the last four league visits to York.
- The Minstermen have won three Football League games in a row, the best current run in League Two. They last won four consecutive Football League fixtures in one season in August 2003.
- Wycombe have shipped 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of the second half this season, more than any other side.
- By contrast, York have conceded just twice in this period, a League Two low with two other clubs (Scunthorpe and Morecambe).
Newport v Exeter
- Newport have gone five Football League games unbeaten at home to Exeter, winning twice (D3).
- Exeter have kept just one clean sheet in their last 10 Football League matches away to Newport.
- The Exiles are the only League Two side yet to score from outside the area in open play this season.
- The Grecians have scored in each of their last six away league games. However they've also gone 11 away games without a clean sheet.
- Exeter have picked up 11 away points when trailing this season, a league-high with Morecambe.