League Two Opta Facts - Play-off Semis (Leg 2)
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League Two Opta Facts - SF Second Leg
Shrewsbury v Torquay
- Torquay have appeared in the Playoffs at this level four times previously, winning promotion on just one occasion; they defeated Blackpool on penalties in 1991.
- This is the third successive odd year in which Shrewsbury have appeared in the League Two playoffs. The Shrews lost both the 2007 and 2009 finals.
- Since 1989, more than half (12 of 22) of the teams to have won the fourth division playoffs have finished the regular season in fourth place.
- The two previous years to have ended in one, however, have seen the seventh placed team in the league triumph in the playoffs (with Torquay doing so in 1991).
- Shrewsbury have won just one of their last 10 home games against Torquay.
- Jake Robinson, who is on loan from Shrewsbury to Torquay, attempted a third of Torquay's shots in the first leg (5/15).
Accrington Stanley v Stevenage
- Defender Phil Edwards has netted 11 penalties already this campaign for Accrington, and is his side's top scorer with 13 goals.
- Accrington's first leg defeat was their only loss in their last 14 games.
- Neither of these two sides have previously appeared in the Football League Playoffs, although Stevenage were twice defeated in the Conference Playoffs, in 2004/05 and 2008/09, before being automatically promoted last season.
- Stanley defeated Stevenage 1-0 at home in their league meeting earlier this season.
- Accrington managed just one shot on target and didn't have a corner in the first leg of this tie.
- Stanley's Jimmy Ryan attempted their only shot on target in the first leg and was responsible for four of their six shots overall.