League Two Opta Facts - playoff semi-final first leg
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Crewe Alexandra v Southend United
- Crewe Alexandra are unbeaten in 16 league games, the longest run without defeat of any side in League Two this term.
- Alex have also scored in their last 16 in the league, only Morecambe (17) embarked on a longer run without drawing a blank in the bottom tier all term.
- The Railwaymen have won eight and lost none of their last 12 at Gresty Road (D4).
- Southend won their last three league games and kept clean sheets in each of their last five.
- Bilel Moshni has scored four goals in the Shrimpers' last three league games combined.
- Southend's only previous appearance in the League Two play-offs came in 2005, and saw them promoted after wins over Northampton (semi-finals) and Lincoln (final).
- The Shrimpers' only other appearance in the Football League play-offs was against Doncaster in League One in 2008. After a 0-0 home draw, they were hammered 1-5 in the second leg in South Yorkshire.
- Crewe have been in the League Two play-offs twice previously, losing in the semi-finals to Scunthorpe in 1992 and in the final to York in 1993.
- The team finishing fourth has had a remarkable advantage in League Two play-offs, winning 12 of 22 since 1989 (52%).
- The team in in the final slot (usually seventh, once eighth), meanwhile, has only achieved promotion twice.
- Five of the last seven meetings between these sides have ended in away wins, while none of the last 13 have been draws.
- Southend netted a league-high 41 away goals in League One in 2011/12.
Cheltenham Town v Torquay United
- Cheltenham and Torquay have already met three times this season, with Torquay winning one and drawing one in the league, but Cheltenham winning 2-1 at home in the FL Trophy.
- Cheltenham have won their last three league games at Whaddon Road and three of their last four overall.
- The Robins have, however, conceded exactly once in each of their last five league games.
- The Gulls are without a win in five league games (D3 L2), a run which cost them an automatic promotion slot.
- Torquay only netted one first-half goal in their last nine league games.
- The Gulls have only won one of their four previous attempts at the League Two play-offs (current format only), beating Blackpool in the final in 1991.
- Cheltenham have a 100% success rate in play-offs, gaining promotion in 2002 and 2006 (both fourth tier).
- Teams to have finished fifth and sixth have identical records when it comes to League Two play-off success, with both positions fielding four of 22 (17%) winners since 1989.
- The Robins were the only team in League Two in 2011/12 to win every home game they held the lead in (13 wins out 13).