Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 1-2 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Montpellier - Evian TG
- Evian TG are the only team to have scored four goals against Montpellier this season, thanks to a 4-2 victory in the reverse fixture.
- Montpellier have won their last eight home games in Ligue 1, their longest ever run of wins at their Mosson stadium in the top flight.
- Montpellier have picked up 46 points out of a possible 51 at their Mosson stadium this season in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have the highest point tally at this stage of a Ligue 1 season since Lyon's 74 points after 34 games in 2007.
- Younes Belhanda and Olivier Giroud have scored 51% of Montpellier's overall goal tally this season in the league.
- The five games between Montpellier and promoted sides this season in Ligue 1 have witnessed 23 goals.
Ajaccio - Sochaux
- Ajaccio are unbeaten in nine consecutive home games in Ligue 1, drawing the last three.
- None of the previous 21 top-flight meetings between Ajaccio and Sochaux have ended goalless.
- Sochaux can only boast six wins in 34 previous Ligue 1 trips to the island of Corsica.
- Five of Ajaccio's seven Ligue 1 red cards this season have come before half time.
- Between them, Ajaccio and Sochaux have conceded 114 Ligue 1 goals this season.
- Sochaux have lost their last two league games, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Ajaccio have not scored before the 60th minute since March 4th.
- Sochaux have conceded the opening goal in more games than any other club in Ligue 1 this term (23).
Bordeaux - Rennes
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last four league encounters vs. Bordeaux.
- Bordeaux have won seven of their last 10 home games in the league.
- Having won the reverse fixture, Rennes could complete their first league "double" against Bordeaux since 1973/74.
- Rennes have won just five times in 42 previous trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1.
- Rennes are on a run of four consecutive wins in Ligue 1.
- Julien Feret has scored or assisted eight of Rennes' last 12 league goals.
- Jussie has scored seven goals in his last seven competitive starts for Bordeaux.
- Bordeaux have won a penalty in each of their last five league games.
Brest - Toulouse
- Brest have only won once in 19 previous Ligue 1 games vs. Toulouse, which is their lowest win percentage (5%) against any opposition faced in more than one campaign.
- Toulouse have suffered four defeats in their last five league matches.
- Brest have failed to score a single goal in their last five Ligue 1 encounters vs. Toulouse.
- Brest have suffered seven defeats in their last eight league fixtures.
- Brest have drawn 0-0 on five occasions, more than any other team in Ligue 1 this season, and just one more than Toulouse; the reverse fixture also ended 0-0.
- Last weekend, in his first game in charge as Brest manager, Corentin Martins oversaw the club's heaviest Ligue 1 defeat since 1991.
Caen - Lorient
- Five of the previous seven Ligue 1 encounters between Caen and Lorient have ended as draws.
- Only seven goals have been scored in the previous seven Ligue 1 encounters between these clubs.
- Lorient have managed to scored twice in three consecutive league games for the first time since December 2010.
- Lorient are winless in their last 16 away league games.
- Caen have won just one of their last 10 league matches.
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 15 league fixtures.
- Caen are unbeaten in four previous Wednesday fixtures this season in Ligue 1.
Dijon - Auxerre
- Auxerre came back from a two-goal deficit to draw 2-2 in the reverse fixture.
- Auxerre have lost both of their two away games to promoted opposition this season in Ligue 1.
- Dijon are on a run of four consecutive defeats, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- Auxerre have scored more goals from substitutes than any other Ligue 1 team this season (nine), including two against Dijon.
- AJA have yet to record a single away win this season in Ligue 1.
- A league-high eight players have received straight red cards in games against Dijon this season.
- Jean-Guy Wallemme has only won four of his 37 previous away games as a Ligue 1 manager.
Lyon - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last four league meetings vs. Lyon.
- Lyon have won their last four league fixtures at the Gerland stadium.
- Valenciennes have won only twice in 28 previous trips to Lyon in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes are on a run of three consecutive defeats on the road, with an aggregate score of 0-7.
- Lyon have lost all three previous Wednesday games this season in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes are the side against whom Lisandro has played the most (341 minutes) without ever finding the net in Ligue 1.
- Lisandro has netted eight goals in his last 11 competitive appearances for Lyon,
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored more winning goals than any other Ligue 1 player this season (eight).
Marseille - Nancy
- Marseille have won all of the last six league meetings between these sides.
- Nancy have lost nine of their last 12 trips to the Vélodrome stadium in the league.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last nine league matches (drawing the last three), their longest run without defeat in the top flight since 1976/77.
- Didier Deschamps boasts a 100% record vs. Nancy during his Ligue 1 managerial career.
- Marseille are now winless in 13 league games, suffering 11 defeats in the process, their longest run without success since 1962/63.
- No team has conceded more penalties than Marseille this season in Ligue 1 (eight).
Nice - Lille
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 10 competitive encounters vs. Nice, however seven of these games have ended as draws.
- The reverse fixture earlier this season ended 4-4 despite Lille taking the lead on three occasions.
- Lille have won 2-0 in both of their last two trips to Nice in all competitions.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last six home matches in Ligue 1, winning the last two.
- Lille have recouped the most points from losing positions this season in Ligue 1 (21).
- Eden Hazard has netted more Ligue 1 goals than any other player since the turn of the year (10).
- Lille are on a scoring run of 14 consecutive league matches.
- Nolan Roux's five league goals since joining Lille have all come in the last 15 minutes of games.
- Lille have won the most penalties this season (11) while no team has conceded more than Nice (eight).
Paris SG - St Etienne
- PSG are winless in their last 11 May fixtures in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have won just twice in 30 previous trips to PSG in the top flight.
- The reverse fixture earlier this season saw more shots than any other Ligue 1 game in 2011/12 (48).
- St Etienne are one victory away from their 17th win of the season; a tally they haven't reached since 1987/88.
- Les Verts are on a run of three consecutive wins in Ligue 1.
- The last 11 league matches involving Paris Saint-Germain not witnessed a single clean sheet.
- Nenê has netted a league-high 14 goals at home this season.
- Only current top scorer Olivier Giroud has netted as many away goals as St Etienne's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang this season in Ligue 1.