Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 10-11 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Ajaccio - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have lost 12 of their 16 trips to Corsica in Ligue 1 (against both Ajaccio and Bastia), winning only once, in June 1968 (4-1 v Ajaccio).
- Valenciennes have lost their last three competitive matches.
- Frederic Sammaritano has been involved in all three Ajaccio goals this season with two goals and one assist.
- Valenciennes have lost in their last three visits to Ajaccio in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes have won just one of their last 15 away games in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes are enduring the worst start of a Ligue 1 season since 1992-93.
- Mathieu Dossevi has scored in Valenciennes' last two competitive matches.
Bordeaux - Evian TG
- Bordeaux failed to win any of their three home games against promoted sides last season in Ligue 1.
- Bernard Casoni has won just one of his 12 away Ligue 1 matches as a manager.
- Bordeaux striker Anthony Modeste has failed to score in any of his last eight Ligue 1 appearances at the Chaban-Delmas stadium.
- Since last season, all seven league goals scored by Evian's Kevin Berigaud have come on the road.
- All four league games involving Bordeaux this season have seen both sides score.
Caen - Toulouse
- Toulouse are unbeaten in their last three Ligue 1 encounters against Caen, winning one and drawing two.
- In 20 Ligue 1 encounters against Caen, Toulouse have only managed to score 16 goals.
- Caen have won six of their 10 home matches against Toulouse in Ligue 1.
- Caen have managed nine Ligue 1 wins against Toulouse, their joint-highest tally against a single opponent.
- Both teams have scored in all four match days this term.
- Caen have managed to score in all of their last 10 home matches in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Caen have lost their last two league matches.
Dijon - Lyon
- Dijon have won their last three competitive fixtures.
- Dijon have kept a clean sheet in their last two Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest run.
- Lyon failed to win any of their three away games against promoted teams last season.
- Lyon have yet to keep a clean sheet in a competitive game this season.
- Lyon are unbeaten this season in all competitions, recording three wins and three draws.
- Brice Jovial has scored nine goals in his last 10 competitive appearances; the Dijon striker has netted a goal every 59 minutes this season in Ligue 1.
- Last season Lyon won 48% of their Ligue 1 games with Lisandro compared to 36% without him.
- Lyon have picked-up a league-high five points from losing positions this season in Ligue 1.
St Etienne - Lille
- St Etienne have won just two of their last 20 Ligue 1 meetings against Lille in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have won their last four Ligue 1 matches played in September.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last six away Ligue 1 games, winning three and drawing three.
- Lille have kept only one clean sheet in their last 11 away Ligue 1 matches.
- St Etienne have scored in 19 of their last 20 home games in the top flight.
- Moussa Sow has fired more shots on target than any other Ligue 1 player this term (nine).
- 10 of Dimitri Payet's last 12 Ligue 1 goals have been at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium.
- Two of the three goals conceded by St Etienne this season in Ligue 1 have come from the penalty spot.
- Adel Taraabt was the only midfielder to score more goals (19) than St Etienne's signing Max Gradel (18) last season in the English Championship.
Sochaux - Lorient
- Lorient have failed to win any of their last six trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1, drawing four and losing two.
- Sochaux have scored in each of their last six Ligue 1 games, currently the longest run alongside Toulouse.
- Sochaux have won six of their last seven Ligue 1 home matches.
- Three of Lorient's four Ligue 1 goals this term have come in the final 15 minutes of games.
- Ryad Boudebouz has either scored or assisted 57% of Sochaux goals this season in Ligue 1.
- Yann Jouffre has either scored or assisted 75% of Lorient goals this season in Ligue 1.
Marseille - Rennes
- Rennes have conceded 99 goals at Marseille in Ligue 1, more than at any other away venue.
- Marseille have failed to win any of their last seven league matches, drawing six and losing one, their longest winless run under Didier Deschamps.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last six league meetings against Rennes, winning three and drawing three.
- Marseille have dropped a league-high seven points from winning positions this season.
- Lucho González has scored twice in just three league appearances against Rennes.
- Matches involving Rennes have produced a league-high 17 goals this term.
Montpellier - Nice
- Montpellier are unbeaten in their last five league encounters with Nice, winning two and drawing two.
- Three of the last four encounters between these sides at the Mosson stadium in Ligue 1 have ended in draws.
- Montpellier have won their two home games this season in Ligue 1, scoring seven goals in the process.
- Nice have won only one of their last 19 away Ligue 1 games and have lost their last three.
- Seven of Montpellier's nine goals this season in Ligue 1 have come in the second half of games.
- Nice have opened the scoring twice this season in Ligue 1 but failed to win any of those matches.
- Since being promoted to Ligue 1 in 2009, Montpellier have picked-up more red cards than any other side in the top flight (16).
- Since joining Montpellier, Geoffrey Dernis has scored two goals in three league appearances against Nice.
Nancy - Auxerre
- Nancy are enduring their worst start of a Ligue 1 season since 2005-06.
- Since last season, manager Jean Fernandez has won just 10 of his 42 Ligue 1 matches.
- Nancy have lost their last three Ligue 1 matches, currently the longest run.
- All six goals conceded by Nancy this season in Ligue 1 have come after the half-time break.
- Alain Traore has scored five goals after four match days, which is the most goals scored by any player at this stage of the season since 2002-03 (Sonny Anderson and Kaba Diawara).
- Last season's league encounters between Nancy and Auxerre produced four goals each.
- Both Ligue 1 goals scored by Alexandre Cuvillier for Nancy have come against Auxerre.
Paris SG - Brest
- Brest have failed to win any of their last 12 Ligue 1 meetings with Paris SG, drawing seven and losing five.
- Brest have won just one of their 11 trips to the Parc des Princes stadium in Ligue 1.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 11 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Brest have drawn all of their opening four matches this season.
- Nine of Brest's last 12 league matches have ended in draws.
- Brest have drawn 0-0 in both of their away matches this season in Ligue 1.
- PSG are one of only two sides who have yet to be on the winning side at half time this season in Ligue 1.
- Brest have kept a clean sheet in their last 279 minutes of football away from home, currently the longest run.
- PSG have picked-up a league-low three yellow cards in four games this season.
- Mathieu Bodmer scored twice in his two league appearances against Brest last season.