Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 13-14 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Le Mans - Sochaux
- Le Mans have lost four consecutive league matches, currently the longest run alongside PSG.
- Le Mans' new manager Arnaud Cormier has lost six consecutive matches in all competitions, which never happened under his predecessor Paulo Duarte.
- Sochaux winter signing Ideye Brown recently scored a brace against Le Mans, on February 3rd 2010 in the French Cup (3-0).
- Sochaux have only won once in 10 trips to Le Mans in all competitions.
- Since the end of 2008, only once have Le Mans managed to score more than two goals in a league match.
- Sochaux have never managed to score more than twice this season in the league.
- Three of the last four league meetings between these two sides have seen Sochaux win.
- Sochaux have scored only one goal in their last five away matches in Ligue 1.
Lille - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Lille have won their last seven home fixtures in the league, currently the longest run.
- Boulogne's only win at Lille was in 1962, in the second division.
- Boulogne have failed to score in the last five match days, only St Etienne have suffered a similar goal drought this season.
- Lille have scored in the last 10 match days, currently the longest run.
- Lille remain unbeaten against sides from the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region this season in the top flight (three wins and a draw).
- A league-high 72% of the goals conceded by Boulogne have come after the half time break.
- Boulogne have collected only one point from their six league meetings against current top 5 sides this season.
- Lille have scored the most goals (43), while Boulogne have netted the fewest (15).
- Boulogne have drawn their last three away matches in the league.
Monaco - Marseille
- Marseille have won their last three trips to Louis II in the league.
- Marseille have won 15 times at Monaco, more than any other visiting side in the history of Ligue 1.
- Monaco have registered the joint-fewest goalscorers this season in the league (six).
- Monaco have already won more league matches (12) than last term (11).
- ASM have won their last three home fixtures in the top flight.
- Mamadou Niang has scored 92 Ligue 1 goals, more than any other active player.
- Monaco have always taken the three points after having opened the scoring this season in the league.
- Monaco have kept a league-high eight clean sheets at home this season.
Montpellier - Grenoble
- Montpellier have opened the scoring in 16 matches, a record this season in the league.
- Montpellier have won their last four league fixtures, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- The last two competitive matches between these two sides have produced 10 goals.
- Montpellier have used the fewest players this season in the league.
- Grenoble have scored a league-low three goals on the road this season.
- Montpellier have won all of their seven matches against current bottom 5 sides this season in the league.
- Last week Grenoble recorded the joint-highest win this season in Ligue 1 by beating Auxerre 5-0.
Nancy - Paris SG
- PSG have lost their last four league fixtures, their worst run since 2006/07.
- Seven of the last 10 league meetings between these two sides at Marcel-Picot have ended in a draw.
- Nancy are the only team yet to concede a headed goal this season in Ligue 1.
- PSG have never kept a clean sheet on the road this season in the league.
- Guillaume Hoarau has netted three goals in only three Ligue 1 appearances against Nancy.
- Stephane Sessegnon scored a goal in each of his last two appearances against Nancy.
- All of Paris SG's five draws this season in the league have ended 1-1; no other team has recorded this result as many times this term.
- Paris have suffered at least 10 defeats per season since 2004/05.
Valenciennes - Nice
- Nice have won six of their last seven league encounters against Valenciennes.
- Five red cards have been shown in the last seven Ligue 1 meetings between these two sides.
- Nice have failed to win their last 10 league matches, currently the longest run in the top flight.
- Valenciennes have not won any of their last four home fixtures in Ligue 1 (three draws, one defeat).
- Chaouki Ben Saada has netted three goals in his last four league appearances.
- The Nungesser stadium has seen the most draws this season in the league (five).
- Valenciennes have scored more goals against Nice than any other opponent (65) in their top flight history.
Lyon - Lens
- Lens have not won at Gerland since 1997.
- Since then, Lens have only taken one point from 10 trips to Lyon, scoring only three goals in the process.
- Kim Kallstrom has scored two goals in his last three league appearances against Lens.
- Lyon have registered the most goalscorers this season in Ligue 1 (14).
- Only one of Eduardo's five league goals this season has been netted away from home.
- Lyon are one of three unbeaten teams in 2010 in Ligue 1.
- OL have scored in 20 games, a record this season.
- Sidney Govou is the only current Lyon player that took part in the historic win against Lens at the Gerland stadium on May 4th 2002 (3-1), which decided OL's first ever league title.
Auxerre - Rennes
- The first leg of this encounter saw 10 cards (nine yellows, one red), a record so far this term.
- This match will be refereed by Christian Guillard, who has shown the most red cards this season (five).
- Rennes have scored a league-high 18 goals in the before the half-time break.
- Rennes have kept a clean sheet in their last two trips to Auxerre in Ligue 1 (one win, one draw).
- However Rennes have lost 75% of their trips to Auxerre (15 out of 20).
- Since 2008/09, only one of Jimmy Briand's nine league goals has been scored on the road.
- Last week Auxerre suffered their worst Ligue 1 defeat since 2005, falling 5-0 at Grenoble.
Lorient - Toulouse
- The four league meetings between these two sides at the Moustoir stadium ended 1-0, three times in Lorient's favour and once in Toulouse's.
- Lorient have netted 23 goals at the Moustoir stadium, only Lille have been more prolific at home.
- The Moustoir stadium has seen the most goals this season in Ligue 1 (37).
- Toulouse have never managed to score more than one goal in their league meetings against Lorient.
- Toulouse have the joint-best defensive record, having conceded only 18 goals.
- TFC have won their last two away matches in the league, the longest run alongside Montpellier.
- Toulouse are the only side yet to concede more than two goals in a match this season in Ligue 1.
- Lorient striker Marama Vahirua has never managed to score more than 10 league goals, his current tally this season is eight.
Bordeaux - St Etienne
- This will be Laurent Blanc's 100th Ligue 1 game as a manager. So far he has displayed a higher win ratio in Ligue 1 than any other previous Bordeaux manager (62%).
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last three league meetings against Bordeaux (two draws, one win).
- St Etienne have scored only one goal in their last five trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1.
- Since the arrival of defender Pape Diakhate in January, St Etienne have improved their defensive record: from 1.4 goals conceded per match to only 0.5.
- St Etienne have conceded a goal from Fernando Cavenaghi in both of their last two trips to Bordeaux.
- Dimitri Payet has netted two goals in his last three appearances against Bordeaux.
- St Etienne haven't won at Bordeaux since 1999.
- Historically, no team in Ligue 1 has beaten Bordeaux as many times as St Etienne (36).
- Bordeaux have conceded only four goals at the Chaban-Delmas stadium this season in the league.
- Since 2006/07, only Juninho has scored as many direct free kicks as Wendel (11).