Ligue 1 Opta Facts: 18-19 April
Ligue 1 Opta Facts are the key statistics you need for your French football betting this weekend.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you the important facts to help your judgement each and every week.
- Nancy have only opened the scoring eight times, a league low this season in the top flight.
- Nancy have been defeated in their last three away fixtures in L1.
- Steve Savidan has been involved (goal or assist) in 50% of Caen's goals this season.
- Nancy have never won at Caen in Ligue 1 (two defeats, two draws).
- Caen have failed to score in their last three home fixtures in L1, currently the longest home goal-drought.
- Caen have failed to win any of their last seven home games in the league, a record this season.
- Grenoble have scored a league-low 21 goals this season.
- Toulouse have conceded a the fewest: also 21.
- However Grenoble have scored in six consecutive match days, currently the longest run in the league!
- Grenoble have conceded a league-high nine goals in the last three match days.
- André-Pierre Gignac scored a brace against Grenoble in their previous meeting this season.
- Toulouse have bagged 13 points out of a possible 15 in their league encounters against promoted sides this season.
- Grenoble have suffered three consecutive defeats in L1.
- Rennes have won in their last three league visits at Louis II stadium, scoring twice in each game.
- Rennes have kept a league-high 16 clean sheets this season, only Toulouse have managed to do so.
- Monaco have conceded 20 goals at home, only two teams have been more vulnerable on their turf.
- Rennes have conceded a league-low eight goals in the second half of games this season.
- Monaco have received the most red cards this season: five.
- Rennes's away games have only produced the fewest goals: 23 (1.5/game).
- Nice have only scored twice in their last seven visits at Nantes in the league.
- Nice top scorer Loïc Rémy has netted four of his team's last five goals, he has scored in each of the last three match days.
- Nantes haven't won any of their last seven home games in Ligue 1, a record this season ,currently shared by Caen.
- Nantes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 home fixtures in L1.
- Nantes have conceded a league high 22 goals in the first half of games (alongside Le Havre).
- Nice have been defeated in their last three away fixtures in the league, their worst away form this season.
- Auxerre have failed to score in 17 games, a record this season.
- Sochaux have won their last three home fixtures in the league, their best run at Bonal this season.
- Czech international Vaclav Sverkos has scored in each of these three wins.
- Auxerre's last five L1 fixtures have ended 2-0: two wins and three defeats.
- Auxerre are the only team this season to have always lost they have trailed during games.
- However Sochaux have lost a league-high 24 points after having led during games.
- Sochaux have yet to draw in 2009, after having shared the points in 11 games in the first half of the season.
- Le Mans have opened the scoring only twice on the road, a league low.
- Valenciennes have never beaten Le Mans in the top flight: four defeats and one draw.
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last eight home fixtures, and have won the last four: currently the longest winning streak at home in the league.
- Valenciennes have scored in each of their last eight home games in L1.
- Le Mans haven't won any of their last 11 away fixtures in L1.
- Valenciennes have bagged a league-high 16 points at home in 2009.
- One player of each team was sent-off the last time Le Mans travelled to Valenciennes in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have suffered four consecutive defeats, currently the longest run in L1.
- Lille have only conceded one goal in their last five league games.
- St Etienne have scored only three goals in the final 15 minutes of games, a league low.
- St Etienne have never kept a clean sheet in 2009 in the league.
- St Etienne have conceded the first goal 21 times, a record this season.
- Lille will be without defensive midfielder Florent Balmont (suspended), they have conceded two goals in each of the three fixtures he has missed earlier this season.
- Marseille have won in the last four match days, their best run this season in the league.
- OM have also won in their last four away fixtures, only Lyon have managed to do so this season.
- Marseille haven't lost in nine consecutive league fixtures, currently the longest run in the top flight.
- Marseille have won a league-high 10 games by at least a two-goal margin.
- Marseille have opened the scoring a 20 times, a record this season in the league.
- Lorient won 3-2 in their previous league meeting, despite trailing by two goals.
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six home fixtures.
- Marseille winter signing Brando has scored in each of the last three match days.
- An average of 3.5 goals has been scored in the four league encounters between these two sides at le Moustoir stadium.
- Marseille forward Mamadou Niang has scored in the last two league meetings against Lorient.
Paris SG-Le Havre
- Paris have beaten Le Havre in their last four league meetings.
- PSG have won five of their last six home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- None of Le Havre's last 16 league games have ended in a draw (three wins, 13 defeats), currently the longest run without a draw.
- A league-high 81 goals have been scored in Le Havre's games this season (2.6 in average).
- PSG have only lost four points after having taken the lead this season, no other side have been more effective in maintaining their advantage.
- Le Havre have lost 11 games by at least a two goal margin, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Le Havre are the only team yet to be awarded a penalty this season.
- Bordeaux have won their last four league fixtures, currently the longest run alongside Marseille.
- Lyon have prevailed in their last three league meetings against Bordeaux.
- Karim Benzema has scored for Lyon in these three games; Bordeaux's Fernando Cavenaghi has done so in the last two.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 29 home games in the league, currently the longest run.
- However Lyon are the last team to have beaten Bordeaux at Chaban-Delmas in Ligue 1 (3-1 in October 2007).
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last nine visits at Bordeaux in the top flight.
- Lyon have been defeated in three of their last four competitive games on the road.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored in Bordeaux's last four home fixtures in the league.
- 70% of Bordeaux's goals have been netted in the second half of games this season in the league.
- Lyon have been defeated in their three away fixtures against current top 7 teams this season in L1, without scoring a single goal (0-3 at Rennes, 0-1 at Paris and 0-2 at Lille).
- Lyon have scored a league-high 20 goals in 2009 in Ligue 1.