Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 11-13 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Rennes - Marseille
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Rennes, winning two and drawing three.
- The last two league encounters between these sides at the Route de Lorient stadium have produced a draw.
- Rennes have drawn four of their five Ligue 1 clashes this season with other sides currently ranked in the top five spots, winning the other one.
- Marseille are bottom of the table considering only games between teams ranked in the top five spots.
- Rennes have won a league-high 14 matches this term, nine of them by a one-goal margin.
- Rennes have won their last seven home games in Ligue 1, keeping a clean sheet in the last six.
- Rennes have won their last five league games, setting a new record for this season.
- Razak Boukari has scored four goals in just seven Ligue 1 appearances for Rennes.
- A Marseille player scored a brace in each of OM's last two away games in Ligue 1.
Arles-Avignon - Lorient
- Arles-Avignon are on a run of 14 consecutive league games without a win, setting a new record for this season.
- Arles-Avignon have picked up only 11 points, the lowest tally by any team at this stage of the season since the introduction of the three-points rule in 1994.
- Lorient are 19th in the away table this season.
- Arles-Avignon are the first side to concede 50 goals at this stage of the season since Montpellier in 2003/04.
- Lorient have drawn 0-0 in two consecutive league games for the first time since March 2008.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored two goals or more in four league games this term, only PSG's Nene has managed this feat in as many matches.
- Lorient have received five red cards this term in Ligue 1, more than in any previous season they spent in the top flight.
Lens - Toulouse
- Toulouse are unbeaten in their last five leagues meetings with Lens, winning two and drawing three.
- Lens have conceded 40 goals at this stage of the season for the first time since 1996/97.
- Lens are without a win in their last six league fixtures.
- Toulouse have lost their last four league matches, their worst streak under Alain Casanova's management.
- Issam Jemaa has scored in Lorient's last two home games in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have drawn the fewest games this season in Ligue 1 (three).
- Lens have scored in each of their last eight home games in the top flight.
- Toulouse are unbeaten this season against sides currently ranked in the bottom five spots.
Nancy - Caen
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last six league meetings with Caen, winning three and drawing three.
- If the league had started in 2011, Caen would be fifth.
- Nancy have already lost seven home games this term in the league, just two short of their all-time record: nine home losses, last season.
- Caen forward Youssef El Arabi has found the net in more Ligue 1 games than any other player this season (13).
- Caen have won four away matches this season, their all-time record in a Ligue 1 season is five, in 2004/05.
- Nancy playmaker Julien Feret has scored in their last two home games in Ligue 1.
- In the first leg of this encounter, Caen defender Gregory Tafforeau conceded a penalty and scored an own goal in the space of three minutes.
- Caen have conceded more penalties than any other side this season in Ligue 1 (six).
- The first leg of this encounter saw 48 fouls, the second-most in a single Ligue 1 game this season.
Nice - Auxerre
- Auxerre are enduring their worst season since 1980/81, when they had 27 points at this stage (converting with the three-point rule).
- Nice have lost their last three league meetings with Auxerre, failing to score in the process.
- Nice have failed to win any of their six league games this season against sides currently ranked below them.
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their last eight away games in the league, losing the last three.
- Nice have failed to score in 209 minutes of league action at home.
- The last time Auxerre scored more than once in a league game was in November 2010.
- So far, Auxerre are undefeated against sides they managed to beat in the respective reverse fixture this season in Ligue 1.
- Ligue 1 games involving Nice have seen the fewest goals this season (44).
- Auxerre are the only remaining Ligue 1 team without a 0-0 this season.
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their previous seven league games without Benoit Pedretti this season.
St Etienne - Brest
- Brest have never won at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in the top flight: six defeats and two draws.
- Brest are without a win in their last seven away games in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have lost their last four Ligue 1 matches.
- Four different St Etienne players have scored two goals or more in a league match this season (Dimitri Payet, Loïc Perrin, Bakary Sako and Emmanuel Rivière), more than any other side.
- St Etienne have conceded a league-high 14 goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
- Alex Dupont has won all of his three Ligue 1 encounters with St Etienne as a manager.
Sochaux - Lyon
- Lyon have scored 14 goals in their last four league games, no other side has netted more than eight during this period.
- Lyon have won their last seven trips to Sochaux in the league, no away team had previously managed this feat at the Bonal stadium.
- Sochaux have scored 40 goals at this stage of the season for the first time since 1984/85.
- Lyon have managed 16 victories and scored 58 goals at Sochaux in their top-flight history, more than at any other away club.
- Michel Bastos has scored more Ligue 1 goals against Sochaux than versus any other team (five).
- Sochaux and Lyon are the only two Ligue 1 sides who have won twice this season by a four-goal margin or more.
- Alexandre Lacazette scored the winning goal in the first leg, he is one of four players who have scored a Ligue 1 goal this term without ever appearing in a starting line up.
- The last eight league games involving Sochaux have seen eight red cards.
- Lisandro has netted 10 goals in only 14 Ligue 1 starts this season.
Bordeaux - Monaco
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 13 league encounters against Monaco, winning eight and drawing five.
- Bordeaux have won by a one-goal margin in each of Monaco's last five visits to the Jacques Chaban-Delmas stadium in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux have won two consecutive league games for the first time since November.
- Park-Chu Young has netted Monaco's last three goals, including two from the penalty spot.
- Monaco have drawn 0-0 seven times, a league record this season.
- Monaco have won just one of their seven league games since the return of manager Laurent Banide.
- Anthony Modeste has scored in each of Bordeaux's last three home games in the league, he is also the only Ligue 1 player who has converted four penalties this season.
- Monaco have failed to score in 289 minutes of Ligue 1 action away from home.
- Monaco have won just one of their last 22 away games in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux have opened the scoring in just five home games this season in Ligue 1.
Lille - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have lost each of their last three trips to Lille in Ligue 1, failing to score in the process.
- Lille have won 21 of their last 27 home games in the league.
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last six league matches, drawing their last three.
- A league-high six players have been sent-off against Lille this season.
- Pierre-Alain Frau has netted a league-high four goals coming from the bench this season.
- Lille have won their last seven home league games against other sides from the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region.
- Valenciennes have drawn 1-1 in each of their three Northern derbies this season in Ligue 1.
- The last four goals scored in this encounter have all come in the final 10 minutes of play.
- Lille are one of three teams who have yet to receive a red card this season in Ligue 1.
Paris SG - Montpellier
- All of the last seven league meetings between these teams have seen both sides score.
- PSG have won just one of their last nine league games against Montpellier.
- PSG are unbeaten in their last seven home games in Ligue 1, winning five and drawing two.
- The last three fixtures between these sides at the Parc des Princes stadium have produced 15 goals.
- Montpellier midfielder Geoffrey Dernis has not scored in the league since his brace at the Parc des Princes stadium on May 15th 2010.
- Montpellier have netted a league-low one goal in the opening 15 minutes of games this season.
- Montpellier are one of two teams who have yet to concede a penalty this season in Ligue 1.
- All Montpellier away wins this season in Ligue 1 have been by a one-goal margin.