Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 20 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Montpellier
- Auxerre are relegated after 32 consecutive top-flight seasons.
- Auxerre's seven wins is their lowest tally in a single Ligue 1 season, their previous lowest was 10 victories.
- Montpellier have managed more 1-0 wins than any other side in the top five European leagues this season (11).
- Olivier Giroud is the only Ligue 1 player to have scored in each month of this season.
- Montpellier have suffered 13 defeats in 19 previous trips to Auxerre in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have lost each of their last three trips to the Abbé-Deschamps stadium in all competitions.
- Montpellier have scored in a league-high 34 games this season.
Evian TG - Brest
- The two previous competitive meetings between these teams have both ended 2-2.
- Brest are the only side across the top five European leagues not to have won away from home this term.
- There have only been two draws in 18 league games at the Parc des Sports stadium this term.
- Evian TG have scored more first-half goals than any other side this season in Ligue 1 (33).
- Brest are winless this season against promoted opposition in the league (D4 L1).
- Only Montpellier have scored in more games (34) than ETG this season in the league (32).
Lille - Nancy
- Lille are unbeaten in their last eight league encounters vs. Nancy.
- Nancy have lost each of their last four trips to Lille in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have managed a league-high three wins vs. current top three sides this season (beating PSG twice and Montpellier once).
- Nancy have failed to score in their last three away league games.
- Eden Hazard has scored or assisted five Lille goals in his last five league appearances vs. Nancy.
- Lille have scored at least twice in each of their last 11 home games in Ligue 1.
Lorient - Paris SG
- The last team to win the league despite not being in the lead with one game to go were Lyon in 2002.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last five league meetings vs. PSG (W2 D3).
- Lorient have managed more wins vs. PSG (seven) than against any other Ligue 1 opponents.
- None of the last six league meetings between these clubs have ended in a home win.
- None of the seven previous Ligue 1 encounters between these clubs at the Moustoir stadium has produced more than two goals.
- PSG are just two goals away from equalling their most prolific Ligue 1 season (75 goals in 1977/78).
- Nenê is the first PSG player to score 21 goals in a Ligue 1 campaign since Pauleta in 2005/06.
Lyon - Nice
- Nice are winless in their last 23 trips to Lyon in the top flight.
- Nice attempted only one shot in their last visit to the Gerland stadium in Ligue 1, the lowest tally recorded by any Ligue 1 side since 2006/07.
- Since their Champions League elimination last March, Lyon have won 11 out of 15 competitive games.
- Lyon have kept a league-low five clean sheets this season.
- The last 12 league games at the Gerland stadium have all seen both Lyon and the visiting side score.
- Nice have won three of their last 36 away games in Ligue 1.
- Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis has scored five goals in as many appearances on the last matchday of the season.
Rennes - Dijon
- Rennes are on a run of three consecutive defeats in Ligue 1, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- Rennes won 5-1 in the reverse fixture, which is the joint-biggest win margin away from home this season in Ligue 1.
- Dijon are winless in their last eight league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Rennes have failed to keep a clean sheet in all of their last seven home games in Ligue 1.
- Eight of the 18 league matches at the Route de Lorient stadium this season have ended 1-1.
- Dijon have scored just one goal in their last seven league fixtures.
- The reverse fixture earlier this season saw two players miss their penalties.
St Etienne - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux are enjoying a run of five consecutive wins in Ligue 1, their best form since December 2009.
- Bordeaux are winless in their last seven trips to the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium (D4 L3).
- Bordeaux forward Yoan Gouffran has scored the opening goal in a league-high nine games this season.
- Jussie has found the net in each of his last three starts against St Etienne in all competitions.
- Two Bordeaux players have scored an own goal in the three competitive meetings between these clubs in 2011/12.
- Bordeaux have scored nine goals in their last three away league games.
Sochaux - Marseille
- Sochaux have won four of their five home league matches since the appointment of new manager Eric Hély.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last five league encounters vs. Sochaux (W4 D1).
- Marseille have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league matches.
- Marseille striker Andre-Pierre Gignac has netted eight goals in nine league appearances vs. Sochaux.
- Sochaux have yet to draw under Eric Hély's management in Ligue 1 (W6 D5).
- Only two clubs have picked up fewer points than Marseille in 2012 (17).
Toulouse - Ajaccio
- Toulouse are on a run of three consecutive draws.
- Toulouse have won all of their previous three home games vs. Ajaccio in Ligue 1.
- Ajaccio have managed just one win in the last 10 matchdays.
- Ajaccio have lost each of their last three away games in Ligue 1, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Toulouse have won both of their two home games against promoted opposition this season in the league.
- Toulouse have drawn 0-0 on a record six occasions this season in Ligue 1 (alongside Brest).
Valenciennes - Caen
- Valenciennes are on a run of three consecutive losses in Ligue 1.
- Caen are on a run of two consecutive defeats in Ligue 1.
- Caen have won just one of their last 14 away Ligue 1 games.
- Caen have lost all of their previous four trips to Valenciennes in Ligue 1.
- Seven of Caen's nine wins this term in Ligue 1 have been by a one-goal margin.
- Veteran midfielder Benjamin Nivet has equalled his highest total of goals in a single Ligue 1 campaign (six).