Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 26-27 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arles-Avignon - Brest
- 40% of Arles-Avignon's points have been picked up against fellow promoted sides this season in Ligue 1 (four out of 10).
- Brest's new striker Jonathan Ayité has scored three goals in his first three top-flight games.
- Arles-Avignon have never won after opening the scoring in Ligue 1 this season: it's happened five times.
- 60% of Brest's goals have been scored from set-pieces, the highest ratio in the league this season.
- Deme N'Diaye is the only Arles-Avignon player to have scored in the league in 2011.
- Brest are unbeaten against sides currently occupying the bottom five positions.
- Ligue 1 newcomers Arles-Avignon have picked-up just 0.42 points per game, the second-worst first season ever so far, by any team.
Monaco - Caen
- Caen have never beaten Monaco at the Stade Louis II, in all competitions : nine defeats and three draws.
- Monaco have failed to score a single goal against promoted sides this season in Ligue 1.
- Louis II is the stadium where Caen have conceded the most goals in Ligue 1 (27, level with Marseille's Stade Vélodrome).
- Four of the last five encounters between Monaco and Caen in Ligue 1 have ended in a draw, including the last three.
- Monaco's Louis II stadium has seen the fewest goals in Ligue 1 this season (20).
- Caen have picked up more points away from home (15 points) than at their D'Ornano stadium (13) this season in Ligue 1.
Rennes - Lens
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last 10 competitive encounters with Lens, in all competitions (five wins, five draws).
- The last three league encounters between Rennes and Lens have ended in a draw.
- Lens have failed to win at Rennes since the 2001/02 campaign, suffering five defeats and two draws.
- Rennes have won their last six league games at their Route de Lorient stadium, their best run since the 2004/05 campaign (eight straight victories).
- Rennes are the only side to have lost after conceding the opening goal in Ligue 1 this season.
- Lens have failed to win any of their last 10 away games in Ligue 1, only Nice et Arles-Avignon are on a worse run at the moment.
St Etienne - Nice
- Nice have failed to score in their last 241 minutes of league football, the longest current drought in the division.
- St Etienne have won none of their last eight league games against Nice, losing six of those meetings.
- Nice have only opened the scoring once away from home in Ligue 1 this season.
- St Etienne have scored in 22 league games, a league-high this season.
- Nice have kept a clean sheet in their last three league trips to Geoffroy-Guichard.
- St Etienne's Dimitri Payet has failed to score in his last 1024 minutes of league football, his last goal dating back to 17 October 2010 against ... Nice (1-2).
- St Etienne picked up six cards against Nice last October, the most by a team in Ligue 1 this season.
Sochaux - Montpellier
- Montpellier have won their last three league games against Sochaux, keeping a clean sheet each time.
- In 13 top-flight trips to Sochaux's Bonal stadium, Montpellier have never scored more than one goal.
- Ideye Brown has scored in his last three league games at Bonal.
- Montpellier have kept seven clean sheets on the road, the most this season.
- There have been 36 goals scored at Sochaux's Bonal stadium, a league-high this season.
- Sochaux boast the best attacking record at home this season with 25 goals.
Valenciennes - Lorient
- Lorient have never won on Valenciennes' ground in Ligue 1, with two defeats and two draws.
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last four league games, only Marseille are doing better currently (8).
- Kevin Gameiro has scored 50 goals in Ligue 1 including seven with Strasbourg and 43 with Lorient. He has netted nine goals in his last five competitive games.
- Gaël Danic has scored four goals against Lorient, his most prolific return in the top-flight.
- Lorient have the joint-worst defensive record away from home in Ligue 1, conceding 24 goals.
- Valenciennes striker Grégory Pujol has reached the 10-goal mark in Ligue 1 for the second time in his career, after 2006/07.
Bordeaux - Auxerre
- Bordeaux have won five of their last seven league games against Auxerre.
- 50% of Auxerre's games have ended in a 1-1 scoreline in Ligue 1 this season (12 out of 24).
- Auxerre have failed to win any of their last 15 competitive games, a run dating back to mid-November.
- Bordeaux have lost their last two league games, conceding seven goals.
- Auxerre have conceded the opening goal 16 times this season, a league-high.
- Auxerre striker Ireneusz Jelen has scored in his last two league games. He has scored two goals and delivered one assist in his two league games at Bordeaux's Chaban-Delmas stadium.
Nancy - Marseille
- Marseille have won their last four league games against Nancy.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last eight league games, the longest current run.
- Nancy have lost five of their six league games in 2011. Nevertheless, they have won three of their last four league games at home.
- Nancy striker Youssouf Hadji has scored four goals in his last three league appearances at the Marcel Picot stadium.
- Nancy have conceded the most goals in Ligue 1 in 2011 (13).
- Brandao has scored in Marseille's last two league trips to Nancy.
Paris SG - Toulouse
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their seven league games against clubs currently occupying the top-five places in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have lost their last four away league games, conceding two goals each time.
- None of Toulouse's last 13 league games have ended in a draw.
- Toulouse have trailed at half-time 11 times, a league-high this season.
- PSG have scored two goals or more on 14 occasions this season, a league-high.
- Guillaume Hoarau has scored 30 goals in Ligue 1, all of which have come from inside the box.
Lille - Lyon
- Lyon have lost their last three away games against Lille, in all competitions.
- The last six competitive games between Lille and Lyon have seen 24 goals, an average of four per game.
- Three red cards have been shown in the last two league encounters between Lille & Lyon (Jérémy Pied, Ricardo Costa & Maxime Gonalons).
- Lille have won none of their four encounters against other teams currently occupying the top five leagues places (Rennes, Marseille, Lyon & PSG).
- Lille are the only side yet to score from the penalty spot in Ligue 1 this season.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last seven home league games, keeping a clean sheet in the last three.
- Lisandro has scored five goals in only three league appearances against Lille, his most prolific return in the top-flight of French football.
- Lyon have never kept a clean sheet away from home in Ligue 1 this season.