Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 31 March - 1 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have not won any of their eight previous Ligue 1 trips to Auxerre.
- Auxerre have not won any of their last 12 Ligue 1 matches (six defeats and six draws) thus equalling the worst ever run in the club's top flight history.
- Auxerre are the only team yet to win a Ligue 1 match in 2012.
- Auxerre have managed the fewest victories this term in Ligue 1 (four).
- Valenciennes have failed to keep a single clean sheet in their 15 away games in Ligue 1 this season.
- Valenciennes have only managed one win in their last 18 away matches in Ligue 1.
Bordeaux - Dijon
- Bordeaux have not won any of their last five Ligue 1 matches against promoted sides, registering three draws and two defeats.
- Dijon have won both of their two competitive encounters against Bordeaux.
- Dijon have scored at least one goal in each of their last 12 Ligue 1 matches, currently the best sequence.
- Dijon have conceded a league-high 29 goals on the road this season.
- Bordeaux have only lost one of their last 14 Ligue 1 matches at their Chaban-Delmas stadium.
- Dijon have only kept one clean sheet in their 14 away games in the top flight.
Caen - Ajaccio
- The three previous Ligue 1 encounters between Caen and Ajaccio have all ended as 2-2 draws.
- Caen have won just one of their last nine home fixtures in all competitions.
- Caen have failed to score in four of their last five Ligue 1 matches.
- There has only been one away win in the 16 previous competitive encounters between these sides.
- Mehdi Mostefa has picked up more yellow cards than any other player in Ligue 1 this term (12).
- Ajaccio's last two away goals in Ligue 1 have both been scored by veteran defender Yoann Poulard.
Lille - Toulouse
- Lille are unbeaten in their last eight Ligue 1 matches against Toulouse, registering three wins and five draws.
- This weekend could see Toulouse become the first team to manage four consecutive away wins in Ligue 1 this season.
- Lille are the first team this season in Ligue 1 to register two consecutive victories by at least three goal margins (4-0 against Valenciennes and 3-0 at Evian TG).
- Toulouse have collected 16 points out of a possible in their last six league matches.
- Toulouse have registered the most victories by a one-goal margin in Ligue 1 this term (nine).
- Toulouse have kept more clean sheets than any other team across the top five European leagues this term (16).
- Eden Hazard has scored at least one goal in all of his last six Ligue 1 appearances at Lille's Stadium Nord.
- None of Toulouse's players have scored more than four goals this season in Ligue 1, a lower tally than any other club's top scorers(s).
Lorient - Évian TG
- If the Ligue 1 season had kicked-off on the 1st of January 2012, Lorient would be 19th.
- Lorient have only won one of their last 14 league matches (a 2-1 victory over Brest).
- Lorient have failed to score more than two goals in any of their last 23 league matches.
- Lorient have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 Ligue 1 matches, currently the worst such sequence in the league.
- After not winning any of their first 13 away matches in Ligue 1, ETG have just registered two consecutive league wins on the road (2-0 at St Etienne and Auxerre).
- ETG have scored at least one goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Ligue 1, the best such sequence this season.
- Between them, Lorient and Evian TG have had 28 different goalscorers this season.
- Jacques-Alaixys Romao conceded a penalty after only 27 seconds of play in the reverse fixture, a league record this season.
Nancy - Paris SG
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last five Ligue 1 encounters with PSG, registering two wins and three draws.
- Paris SG are without a win in three consecutive games in all competitions for the first time since Carlo Ancelotti was appointed as manager.
- PSG have only won once on their last ten trips to Nancy in Ligue 1.
- Nancy could become the first team this season in Ligue 1 to beat PSG both at home and away.
- No Ligue 1 team have collected more points in March 2012 than Nancy (10).
- Nancy have won their last two Ligue 1 matches, their best run of form since November 2011.
- PSG are unbeaten in their last 14 Ligue 1 matches (eight wins and six draws), currently the longest run.
- PSG have collected 60 points in this term, which is as much as over the whole of last season.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six Ligue 1 matches.
- PSG have scored a league-high 19 goals in the final 15 minutes of their matches this term.
Rennes - Lyon
- Having won the reverse fixture earlier this season, Rennes have the opportunity of completing their first league « double » over Lyon since the 1965/66 season.
- Four of the last six Ligue 1 encounters between Lyon and Rennes have finished as 1-1 draws. The other two ended with 2-1 score lines.
- Rennes have only lost one of their last eight Ligue 1 matches against Lyon.
- Lyon have won their last three Ligue 1 matches, currently the best sequence in the league.
- Rennes have lost two consecutive league games for the first time this season.
- Rennes are the only team to have scored more goals on the road (19) than at home (18) this term in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have lost eight of their last 12 away matches in Ligue 1.
- Lyon have drawn the fewest matches this term in Ligue 1 (four).
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored 22 goals for his club this season in all competitions; only Olivier Giroud has been as prolific amongst Ligue 1 players.
St Etienne - Nice
- Nice have won their last three Ligue 1 matches at St Etienne's Geoffroy-Guichard Stadium. Nice have also not conceded a single goal in any of their last four trips to St Etienne.
- Nice's last away victory by a two goal margin in Ligue 1 came at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in February 2011 (2-0).
- Nice were shown a season-high three red cards in the reverse fixture this season.
- St Etienne have failed to score in four of their last five Ligue 1 matches.
- St Etienne have lost two consecutive home games in the league for the first time this season.
- Nice have only won one of their last 20 away Ligue 1 games.
- Striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored in only one of his 20 league appearances at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium for St Etienne, bagging a hat trick in that solitary game.
Sochaux - Brest
- Brest have lost their last three Ligue 1 matches, currently the worst run in the league.
- Brest have not won any of their previous10 away trips to Sochaux in Ligue 1, suffering eight defeats in the process.
- Brest have not won a single away match this term in Ligue 1, their last win on the road was back in May 2011 (1-0 at Auxerre).
- Three penalties have been awarded in the last two league matches between Sochaux and Brest.
- Sochaux have scored six goals in three Ligue 1 matches under new manager Eric Hély, which is as many as in the last 15 matches of Mecha Bazdarevic's reign.
- Brest have only scored four goals in ten league matches since the turn of the year.
- Brest have only scored one second half goal in their last 15 Ligue 1 matches.
- Brest have never scored more than once in any of their last 13 Ligue 1 matches.
- Bruno Grougi scored a goal from the penalty spot in both of his two Ligue 1 starts against Sochaux.