Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 9 - 10 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre - St Etienne
- St Etienne have lost 16 of their 22 trips to Auxerre in the top flight.
- Auxerre have drawn more games than any other team across the top five European leagues this season (15).
- Auxerre are unbeaten in their last six home games in the league, drawing four and winning two.
- St Etienne have failed to win any of their last five competitive encounters with Auxerre, losing three and drawing two.
- Auxerre have conceded the opening goal 18 times, a joint-record this season in Ligue 1.
- Ireneusz Jelen has scored four of Auxerre's last five league goals.
- 25 of the 34 Ligue 1 goals conceded by St Etienne this term have come after the half-time break, a higher ratio than any other side.
Bordeaux - Arles-Avignon
- Bordeaux have lost both of their home games this season against promoted teams.
- Despite having shipped more goals than any other team, Arles-Avignon have not conceded a single goal before the 10th minute of play this season.
- Bordeaux had 30 shots in the first leg, a Ligue 1 record this season for a single team during a match.
- Arles-Avignon have the lowest-ever point tally by any team at this stage of a Ligue 1 season.
- Faruk Hadzibegic has never won an away Ligue 1 game as a manager, despite 26 attempts.
- Anthony Modeste has netted four goals in just three career appearances against ACA.
- Arles-Avignon have scored just four goals away from home this season.
- Arles-Avignon have opened the scoring in seven Ligue 1 matches this season, failing to win any of them.
Brest - Rennes
- Rennes have never won at Brest in the top flight, drawing twice and losing twice.
- Brest have failed to win any of their three Brittany derbies this season, drawing one and losing two.
- Brest have lost their last four league matches, currently the longest run.
- Brest have scored seven goals in the last 15 minutes of play at the Francis Le Blé stadium, only leaders Lille have been as prolific as home.
- Rennes have failed to win any of their last seven games played in April.
- Rennes have failed to win any of their last three league games.
- Brest and Rennes have both won six penalties, more than any other side this term in Ligue 1.
Caen - Paris SG
- PSG have failed to win any of their last six competitive matches, their longest winless streak since Antoine Kombouaré took over as manager.
- PSG have lost each of their last three competitive away games.
- Caen have suffered 16 Ligue 1 defeats against PSG more than versus any other team.
- Caen have won their last two home games, keeping a clean sheet in both.
- Guillaume Hoarau has scored in all of his three Ligue 1 appearances against Caen.
- PSG have won just one of their seven Ligue 1 games this term with Gregory Coupet in goal.
- Caen have managed to beat three top-five teams this season: Marseille, Lyon and Rennes.
Lorient - Sochaux
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last 11 home league games.
- Sochaux have won three of their last four league encounters with Lorient.
- Lorient have drawn each of their last five league games, four of these matches ending goalless.
- Sochaux have suffered nine defeats by a one-goal margin, a league-high this season alongside Toulouse.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored more goals than any other Ligue 1 player since the turn of the year (eight).
- Only one of the 14 Sochaux away games this term has ended in a draw.
- Lorient have conceded only seven goals at home this season in Ligue 1, fewer than any other side.
Lyon - Lens
- Lens have won just one of their last 16 league encounters with Lyon.
- Lyon have lost four points in the last two match days due to goals conceded after the 87th minute.
- Lens have scored only one goal in their other four Ligue 1 trips at other top-five clubs this season.
- Lyon have scored more goals than any other Ligue 1 side since the turn of the year (23).
- Lyon have yet to concede a first-half goal at home this season in Ligue 1.
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last eight league games, currently the longest run.
- Lisandro has scored or assisted seven of Lyon's last 10 league goals.
- Lens have failed to score in four of their last five away games in Ligue 1.
Marseille - Toulouse
- Marseille have won eight of their 10 league games since the turn of the year.
- Toulouse have won just three of their 33 trips to Marseille in the top flight.
- Toulouse have lost 23 Ligue 1 games at Marseille, more than at any other away ground.
- Marseille have scored in all of their last eight league games, currently the longest run.
- Toulouse have just bagged one point this season from their eight league encounters against top-five sides.
- Six of Marseille's eight home wins this season in Ligue 1 have been by a one-goal margin.
- Didier Deschamps has never lost against Toulouse as a Ligue 1 manager, winning three and drawing four.
- Marseille are unbeaten this term in the league whenever both midfielders Benoit Cheyrou and Edouard Cisse are in the starting line up (seven wins and three draws).
Monaco - Lille
- Lille have won their last four league games, currently the longest run.
- Lille are unbeaten on a Saturday this term in Ligue 1.
- Monaco have scored a league-low 12 goals at home this season.
- Moussa Sow is the first player to reach 20 Ligue 1 goals at this stage of a season since Pauleta in 2002.
- Yohan Cabaye has scored a goal in each of his last two trips to the Louis II stadium in the league.
- Lille have won all of their last five league encounters with Monaco.
Montpellier - Nice
- Montpellier have won all of their three league games against Nice since their promotion in 2009.
- Nice are unbeaten in their last five league matches, winning two and drawing three.
- Nice have won only one of their last 13 away games in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have lost three of their last four home games in Ligue1.
- Montpellier had 10 shots on target in the first leg against Nice, their record since coming back to the top flight in 2009.
- Danijel Ljuboja has scored seven goals in just nine Ligue 1 appearances against Montpellier.
- Olivier Giroud has scored or assisted 52% of Montpellier's league goals this term.
- Nice's last three goals have all come after the 90th minute of play.
Valenciennes - Nancy
- Nancy have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four league matches, currently the longest run.
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last eight top-flight encounters against Valenciennes, winning five and drawing three.
- Each of the last three league matches hosted at the Nungesser stadium have ended in draws.
- The last time Valenciennes scored more than once in a top-flight match against Nancy was in April 1982.
- Valenciennes have failed to win any of their last six league fixtures, drawing five and losing one.
- Valenciennes failed to test the Nancy goalkeeper in the first leg, it was only time they failed to do so in a league game this season.