Ligue 1 Opta Facts - December 15 - 16
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Valenciennes - Auxerre
- Auxerre have won four matches against current top 5 teams, a league-high this season.
- Auxerre have been defeated in their last two league trips to the Nungesser stadium, conceding five goals and failing to score in the process.
- VAFC are unbeaten in their last five home matches in the league.
- Auxerre have the best defensive record on the road, having only conceded four goals in seven away matches.
- No player has been directly involved in more goals than Valenciennes playmaker Fahid Ben Khalfallah this season (four goals, seven assists).
Le Mans - Grenoble
- Grenoble have so far managed to stay unbeaten in their only two top-flight encounters against Le Mans (one win, one draw).
- Le Mans have kept only one clean sheet this season, a league-low.
- Grenoble have yet to win on the road this season.
- Former Liverpool striker Anthony Le Tallec has scored in the last three match days.
- Grenoble striker Nassim Akrour has failed to score in his last 1359 minutes on play in the league.
Lorient - Marseille
- Lorient are one of only two teams that remain unbeaten at home this season in the league, however their last defeat at the Moustoir stadium was against Marseille (1-2 on April 19th 2009).
- Marseille have won 2-1 in their last two league trips at Lorient, despite going 1-0 down on both occasions.
- Marseille have scored a league-high 18 away goals this season.
- There has not been a single goal during the first half hour of matches played at the Moustoir stadium this season.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored in his last three league appearances against Marseille.
Lyon - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Lyon have now gone five consecutive league matches without a win, their worst run since 2006/07.
- Lyon are ranked 9th, their worst position under manager Claude Puel.
- Lyon have already lost twice at Gerland this season in the league, they had only been defeated once at home last term.
- Boulogne have lost their last three away matches in Ligue 1, failing to score in the process.
- Boulogne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 12 league fixtures, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
Monaco - Rennes
- Monaco have lost their last three league matches, currently the longest run alongside Nice.
- Monaco have scored only one goal in the last five match days, from the penalty spot against Valenciennes.
- Rennes have won three of their last four trips to Monaco in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have won their last two Ligue 1 fixtures, however they will be without their top scorer Asamoah Gyan, who is suspended.
- Jimmy Briand has netted three goals against Monaco during his Ligue 1 career, he has only scored more against Nice (four).
Montpellier - Bordeaux
- Both teams have won their last three league matches.
- Montpellier have won their last six matches at La Mosson stadium, currently the longest run.
- Montpellier have failed to score only once this season in Ligue 1, a record.
- However Bordeaux have conceded the fewest goals this season (10) and kept the most clean sheets (also 10).
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last six visits at La Mosson stadium in the league, winning three and drawing three.
- Only one of the last 29 Bordeaux league matches has ended in a draw.
Nancy - Nice
- Nancy have lost their last four home matches, their worst ever run at the Marcel-Picot stadium.
- Nice have lost their last three league fixtures, currently the longest run alongside Monaco.
- Nice have won their last three league meetings against Nancy
- Nice attacking midfielder Mahamane Traore scored in both encounters between these two sides last season.
- Nice have received nine red cards since last season, more than any other side.
Paris SG - Lens
- Paris SG have won three of their last four Ligue 1 fixtures, scoring nine goals in the process.
- Lens have scored in their last six league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Lens have never kept a clean sheet on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- The last two competitive meetings between these two sides have been in the league cup, PSG winning on both occasions (2-0 in the quarter finals last season and 2-1 in the final in 2007/08).
- Lens have won in five of their last six trips to the Parc des Princes stadium in the top flight.