Ligue 1 Opta Facts - December 2-4
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Caen v Marseille
- Caen have only won two of their 11 home games against Marseille in L1 (18.2%), which represents their second worst win ratio against teams currently in the top flight (no wins out of three against Lorient being their worst).
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last four trips to Caen in L1, registering three wins and one draw; their last defeat at the Stade Michel d'Ornano was on the 22nd of March 1997 (1-0).
- The last 16 Ligue 1 encounters between these teams have only produced one draw; however it was their last meeting (2-2) on the 29th of May 2011.
- Marseille have not won any of their last seven league matches played in December, registering two defeats and five draws whilst only scoring two goals in those encounters.
- Marseille have scored 10 headed goals in Ligue 1 this season (five by Rémy, three by A. Ayew and one each by J. Ayew and Alou Diarra) which is a record in Europe's top five leagues.
- Marseille have only lost three of the last 43 Ligue 1 matches in which Stéphane Mbia has played.
Ajaccio v Lille
- Ajaccio have won only one of their last 10 league encounters with Lille, their last victory was back in May 2005 (2-0).
- Lille are unbeaten in their last five trips to Ajaccio in L1, having registered two victories and three draws.
- Ajaccio have not won any of their last 10 league matches (three draws and seven defeats) which is currently the longest winless streak in L1.
- Lille are unbeaten in 13 league matches (seven wins and six draws) which is currently the longest unbeaten run in the top flight.
- Lille are the only unbeaten team away from home this season in Ligue 1.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 10 Ligue 1 encounters with promoted teams, registering 9 wins and a draw.
- Ajaccio are the only team that have yet to keep a clean sheet in L1 this season, in the top five European Leagues only Blackburn, Norwich and Novara are in the same situation.
- Lille's 10 away goals in the league have all come in the second half of matches.
Brest v St Etienne
- Both matches between these teams last season ended as 2-0 victories for the home team.
- St Etienne have lost five of their last seven matches away to Brest in Ligue 1.
- All of St Etienne's six victories in L1 this season have been against teams in the bottom half of the table.
- Brest have won their last two top flight matches at their Francis-Le Blé stadium (3-1 against Lorient and 2-0 against Sochaux).
- The top flight clubs from Brittany are all unbeaten at home this season in Ligue 1 (Brest, Lorient and Rennes).
- Bruno Grougi has scored four goals in his last three league appearances at the Francis-Le Blé stadium.
- Florent Sinama-Pongolle has scored in two consecutive league appearances for the first time since September 2008.
- Five players have been sent off against St Etienne, which is a record in L1 this season.
Dijon v Sochaux
- Dijon and Sochaux have met once before, in a last sixteen League Cup tie in October 2006 which Sochaux won 5-0 at home.
- Dijon have recorded two successive victories in L1, which is currently the best run in the top flight.
- Sochaux are unbeaten in their last seven Ligue 1 matches against promoted teams, having registered five wins and two daws.
- Dijon's substitutes have scored five goals in L1 this season, only Lille's are as prolific.
- Sochaux have conceded the most goals in L1 in 2011 (50).
- Sochaux have not won any of their last five away matches in L1 (three defeats and two draws).
- Dijon have lost every league match in which they have been trailing at half time this season.
Evian TG v Valenciennes
- Evian TG and Valenciennes have already played twice in the past, in the third tier in 2004/05. ETG then called Croix de Savoie, drew 1-1 at home but lost 1-0 at Valenciennes.
- ETG have scored at least once in every one of their last eight league matches, which is currently the longest run in L1.
- ETG have only kept one clean sheet at home in the league this season, on the second matchday of the season, against Nice (1-0).
- Valenciennes are the only team that have yet to score in the first 15 minutes of an L1 match this season.
- ETG have won their last two matches at home in the top flight (against Auxerre and Lorient).
- Valenciennes have only won two of their last 33 away matches in the top flight (1-0 against Arles-Avignon on the 17th of April and 2-0 against Monaco on the 23rd of October 2010).
- Yannick Sagbo has netted five goals in his last five league appearances at Annecy's Parc des Sports.
- Daniel Wass is the first Evian Thonon Gaillard player to score in two consecutive top-flight appearances.
Montpellier v Lorient
- Montpellier have been in the top three of the table for 14 of this season's 15 L1 match days, no team has been as consistent this season.
- Montpellier are unbeaten in their last seven top flight matches (five wins and two draws).
- Montpellier have scored 32 goals in L1 this season; as many as they did over the whole of last season.
- Montpellier have won six of their seven home league matches this season, losing only once (3-0 to PSG).
- Montpellier and Lorient have already played at La Mosson this season, a last 16 League Cup tie which Lorient won 2-1 thanks to goals from Innocent Emeghara and Joel Campbell.
- Lorient have lost their last three away matches in the top flight and have only registered only one away win in L1 this season (away to PSG on the opening day of the season).
- Olivier Giroud is the first player to score 11 goals after 15 L1 matchdays since Karim Benzema in 07/08.
Nice v Rennes
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last 10 Ligue 1 matches against Nice, winning five and drawing five.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last five trips to the Stade du Ray in L1, having won twice and drawn three.
- Rennes have scored in their last 13 league matches against Nice.
- Nice have suffered three consecutive defeats in L1 without scoring a single goal, both are currently the longest such streaks in Ligue 1.
- Rennes are the only team in L1 without a draw away from home this season (five wins and three defeats).
- Rennes, who are currently on a run of two successive league wins, have yet to win three in a row in L1 this season.
- Victor Montaño has netted three goals in his last four league appearances against Nice.
- 91% of Nice's points in L1 this season have been collected at home (10 out of 11) which is the highest ratio in L1 this season.
Bordeaux v Nancy
- Nancy have lost 19 of their last 26 matches away to Bordeaux in L1, winning three and drawing four of those encounters.
- Nancy have only kept three clean sheets in their 26 trips away to Bordeaux in Ligue 1
- Only Lyon (27) have inflicted more defeats on Nancy than Bordeaux (26) in Ligue 1.
- Of the teams currently in Ligue 1, Bordeaux have scored the most goals against Nancy (80).
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last seven home matches in L1, only Lorient are on a better run (unbeaten in eight).
- Nancy have never scored more than once in their seven away matches in the league this season.
- Nancy's solitary away victory in L1 this season was against PSG on the 14th match day.
- Yoann Gouffran has scored five goals in the last five L1 match days, the most of all players over that period.
PSG v Auxerre
- PSG have gone three league matches without a victory, only the two bottom teams are currently on worse runs; Ajaccio are winless in 10 whilst Nice have not won in five.
- PSG have not scored in their last two league matches, only Nice are on a worse streak (no goals in three).
- Auxerre have only won two of their last 21 away matches in L1 (against Toulouse and Lorient last season).
- Auxerre have lost six of their last seven competitive matches.
- PSG lost both of their league matches against Auxerre last season (2-3 at the Parc des Princes and 0-1 at the Stade Abbé Deschamps).
- Auxerre have won three of their last five league matches at the Parc des Princes.
- None of the last nine L1 matches between these teams at the Parc des Princes have finished as a draw (three wins for Auxerre and six PSG victories).
- Auxerre have conceded 48 goals at the Parc des Princes, more than at any other away ground in L1.
Lyon v Toulouse
- Since their foundation in 1970, Toulouse have never won away to Lyon in the league, losing 13 and drawing four of their 17 encounters.
- Since 2010, Lyon have only lost two of their 35 matches at home in L1 (against St Etienne last season and Rennes this season) managing 23 wins and 10 draws.
- Lyon have scored at least one goal in their last seven home matches in the league against Toulouse.
- None of Lyon's last 12 league matches have ended as a draw (seven wins and five defeats) which is currently the longest run without drawing in the top flight.
- Lisandro has scored 13 goals in his last 16 Ligue 1 starts.
- Toulouse have not scored a single goal in their last three away matches in L1.
- This season Lyon have not lost a single L1 match in which Lisandro has started (three wins and two draws).
- Toulouse have kept the most clean sheets in Ligue 1 this season (nine).