Ligue 1 Opta Facts - December 22-23
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Lens - St Etienne
- Lens have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five league meetings against St Etienne.
- St Etienne have now gone six consecutive matches without a win, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have failed to score in the last four match days, currently the longest goal drought in the league.
- Lens have won their last three matches at the Felix Bollaert stadium, only Lille are on better run at home.
- Lens have won 60% of their matches when striker Toifilou Maoulida has been on the starting lineup this season in the league (3/5), and only 23% when he has not featured in the first eleven (3/13).
- St Etienne have conceded seven goals in their last two away matches.
Le Mans - Monaco
- Monaco have won eight of their 10 league meetings against Le Mans.
- The last four seasons have seen Le Mans lose their last game of the calendar year.
- Le Mans have won their last two home matches, their best home form in the league in 2009.
- Monaco have posted an impressive 80% win ratio when Jean-Jacques Gosso has played this season (4/5), and only 33% without the defensive midfielder (4/12).
- Monaco have failed to score more than one goal in their league matches since the end of October.
- Nene, top scorer in Ligue 1 with 10 goals, is also the most fouled player (78 times).
Lorient - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last five league encounters against Lorient (three draws, two wins).
- Lorient have never managed to score more than one goal in a league match against Valenciennes.
- Lorient have failed to win their last five Ligue 1 matches, their worst form this season.
- Lorient are the only team yet to concede a penalty this season.
- Six Valenciennes goals have come from their substitutes, a league-high.
- Kevin Gameiro has netted six goals at the Moustoir stadium this season in Ligue 1, only Gervinho (Lille) has been as prolific at home.
Lyon - Montpellier
- Lyon are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Montpellier (two wins, three draws).
- Lyon have drawn a league-high six matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Lisandro is so far the only player to have hit a hat trick this season in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have lost their last two league fixtures, failing to score in the process.
- Lyon have won only one of their last seven Ligue 1 matches.
- OL manager Claude Puel has only won 50% of his Ligue 1 matches with the seven-time champions, a lower ratio than his four title-winning predecessors.
- Montpellier have only won twice in their 15 trips to the Gerland stadium in Ligue 1.
Marseille - Auxerre
- Auxerre have been defeated in their last four league trips to the Stade Velodrome.
- Marseille have won seven of their last eight league meetings against Auxerre.
- Auxerre are now without a win in their last five league fixtures.
- 41% of Auxerre goals have come in the last 15 minutes, the highest ratio this season in the top flight.
- 13 players have scored for Marseille, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have managed to beat three teams currently ranked in the top 5, a league-high this season.
- Marseille have lost the fewest matches this season in the league (three).
- Auxerre have conceded the fewest goals in the second half (six).
Nancy - Lille
- Lille have lost only one of their last eight league trips to Nancy (three wins, four draws).
- Lille are scored the most goals this season: 33.
- Nancy have won their last two league matches by a 2-0 score line.
- Nancy have so far failed to go unbeaten for more than two consecutive match days.
- Lille have won their last five Ligue 1 matches, scoring at least three goals in each, no team had managed to do so since 1978/79 (Nantes).
- Only 38% of the points taken by Nancy have been at home, the lowest ratio in the league.
- Nancy midfielder Chris Malonga has assisted five goals and scored one in his last four league appearances.
- Three Lille players have scored more than five goals (Gervinho, Frau and Cabaye), a record this season in the top flight.
Nice - Boulogne-sur-Mer
- Boulogne have the worst defensive record (33 goals against) and have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 13 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Nice have failed to win their last five Ligue 1 fixtures.
- Boulogne have netted 69% of their goals in the first half, the highest ratio in the league.
- The only three wins managed by Boulogne this season have been by a one-goal margin.
- Boulogne have been defeated in their last four away matches, failing to score a single goal in the process.
- Both teams have received four red cards, a league-high.
Paris SG - Grenoble
- The two league encounters between these two sides last season produced only one goal.
- Veteran striker Nassim Akrour, who scored the winner for Grenoble last season at the Parc des Princes stadium (1-0), has yet to score this term despite 18 league appearances.
- 90% of Grenoble goals have come after the half time break, the highest ratio in the top flight.
- Grenoble have never opened the scoring on the road this season.
- Paris have only conceded five goals at the Parc des Princes this season, only Bordeaux have been more solid defensively at home.
- Grenoble have yet to win away from home this season.
- Grenoble have conceded a league-high 17 goals in the first half.
Sochaux - Rennes
- Rennes have failed to score in their last five league trips to the Bonal stadium.
- Rennes have not won at Sochaux in Ligue 1 since 1999.
- Sochaux have kept eight clean sheets, only Bordeaux and Auxerre have done better.
- Rennes have netted a league-high 14 goals in the first half.
- Sochaux youngster Ryad Boudebouz has scored twice in only two competitive appearances against Rennes.
- Asamoah Gyan has scored the most away goals this season in the top flight (six).
- The five Sochaux wins at the Bonal stadium this season in Ligue 1 have been by a 1-0 score line.
Toulouse - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have won only one of their last seven league trips to Toulouse in Ligue 1.
- Bordeaux lost 3-0 the last time they visited Toulouse (March 7th 2009), their biggest defeat so far in all competitions this year.
- None of the last 18 league meetings between these two sides have ended 0-0.
- Bordeaux have won their last seven competitive matches, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Wendel has netted four goals in his last three league starts against Toulouse.
- Toulouse are the only team in Ligue 1 yet to take a penalty this season.
- Only Bordeaux (11) have conceded fewer goals than Toulouse (14) this season in the league.
- Jussie is the most used substutute this season in the top flight, having made 11 cameo appearances.
- Bordeaux have always lost this season in Ligue 1 when conceding the opening goal of the match.