Ligue 1 Opta Facts - December 5th-6th 2009
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Montpellier - Le Mans
- These teams have only met twice in the top flight, Le Mans won both encounters, scoring seven goals and conceding none.
- Le Mans have failed to win their last seven Ligue 1 fixtures.
- Montpellier are one of only two sides who still remain unbeaten at home this season in the league.
- Montpellier have won their last five home fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Le Mans currently have the worst away record with 0 points taken in seven matches on the road.
- Victor Montano has scored three goals in the last two match days.
Nice - Marseille
- Marseille have won their last three Ligue 1 meetings against Nice, scoring two goals in each match.
- Nice have won their last four home matches in the league, their best form at stade du Ray since 2006.
- Marseille have conceded a league-high four penalties this season.
- 44% of Nice goals this season in Ligue 1 have been scored by Loic Remy.
- Mamadou Niang has scored five goals in his last five appearances against Nice in the top flight.
Rennes - Lorient
- Rennes have won their last five league meetings against Lorient.
- Lorient have never won at Rennes in the top flight (four defeats, one draw).
- Lorient are the joint-best attack with 24 goals scored this season.
- Ghanaian striker Asamoah Gyan has scored in the last three match days.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored seven goals this season, however, only one of these came on the road.
St Etienne - Sochaux
- Sochaux have suffered more defeats at St Etienne than at any other ground in Ligue 1 (31).
- Sochaux have scored only three goals in their last eight trips to Geoffroy Guichard in the league.
- St Etienne have lost their last three home fixtures in Ligue 1, failing to score a single goal.
- Sochaux defender Damien Perquis scored in both meetings between the two sides last season.
- Sochaux have scored in the last eight match days, currently the longest run.
Valenciennes - Monaco
- Valenciennes are unbeaten in their last five league meetings with Monaco in the league (two wins, three draws).
- Monaco have won only three times in their 22 trips to Valenciennes in the top flight.
- Four red cards were shown in the last two league matches between these two teams at the Nungesser stadium.
- Monaco have failed to score in their last three league matches, currently the longest run.
- Valenciennes matches have produced the most goals this season: 44.
Bordeaux - Paris SG
- Bordeaux have won their last two competitive matches against Paris SG, scoring seven goals and conceding none.
- Paris SG have conceded seven goals in their last two league trips to Chaban-Delmas stadium.
- PSG have scored only one goal in their last seven league encounters against the title holders.
- Wendel has scored more goals against Paris than any other side in Europe (five).
- Bordeaux have conceded the fewest goals this season in Ligue 1 (10).
- PSG substitute goalkeeper Apoula Edel, who replaces the injured Grégory Coupet, has never lost in five starts for PSG, conceding only two goals.
- Paris have netted nine goals in their last three away matches in Ligue 1.
Auxerre - Nancy
- The last two Nancy trips to Auxerre in Ligue 1 have ended in a draw.
- Auxerre winger Kevin Lejeune has scored two goals in three league appearances against Nancy.
- Auxerre have won their last six home matches in the league, currently the longest run.
- Nancy have scored in all of their away matches this season, only Lyon have also managed to do so.
- Nancy have lost their last three league fixtures, their worst form this season.
- Nancy are 16th, their worst league position since Ocotber 2008.
Boulogne-sur-Mer - Lens
- The two promoted sides met last season in Ligue 2, Boulogne beating Lens twice.
- Lens have won their last three league matches, currently the longest run.
- While Boulogne have lost their last four, currently the longest losing streak.
- Boulogne have conceded the most goals this season in the league (28).
- The last four goals scored by Lens in the league have come after the 80th minute.
- Jeremy Blayac scored a brace the last time these sides met at the Liberation stadium.
- Lens striker Eduardo scored a brace in his only appearance against Boulogne, when his former side Guingamp won 4-2 in August 2007 in the second division.
Grenoble - Toulouse
- Toulouse have always lost at Grenoble in the top flight (three times).
- Grenoble have not won at the Alpes stadium in the league since beating Toulouse back in April 2009 (1-0).
- Grenoble are without a win in their last 19 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Grenoble have drawn their last three league matches, currently the longest run alongside Lyon.
- Toulouse have only won two of their last 14 away matches in the league.
Lille - Lyon
- Lille are unbeaten in their last three competitive matches against the seven-times champions (two wins, one draw).
- Lyon have failed to win their last five matches in all competitions, their worst form since March 2009.
- Lyon have drawn their last three league fixtures.
- Michel Bastos has scored in the last three competitive encounters between these two sides; however, it was for his former team Lille.
- Pierre-Alain Frau has scored more league goals in 2009/10 (six) than in his previous three seasons combined (five).