Liverpool v Fulham Preview
Just two points separate Liverpool in twelfth and Fulham in thirteenth position and while Brendan Rodgers knows that the Reds have not met expectations this season, Fulham supporters haven't exactly been singing Martin Jol's praises.
Pressure on the Liverpool manager eased somewhat after their qualification for the next round of the UEFA Europa League, the red half of Liverpool will not tolerate anything but a climb up the Premier League table between now and the end of the season and they can only hope that last week's defeat by Aston Villa was a rare aberration.
Liverpool (8/15) face a Fulham team (6/1 with the draw at 11/4) who have collected a solitary point from their last six matches and have won one game away from Craven Cottage. For their part, Liverpool have taken ten out of a possible eighteen points in recent weeks.
Luis Suarez has been their inspiration in front of goal, scoring ten in the Premier League, and he is 11/4 to be first on target and 8/13 to score at any time. While The Cottagers have relied on Mladen Petric (8/1 to be first on target and 11/4 to score at any time) and ex Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov (15/2 to be first on target and 9/4 to score at any time) for firepower.
Fulham's seventeen games to date have resulted in fifty seven goals, compared to Liverpool's forty six, so a high scoring game is a definite possibility with the two defences leaking goals at leisure. (Both Teams to Score is 8/11)
On their best form, either of the two teams walking out at Anfield could compete with the best England has to offer, though neither side can boast about consistency.
The standard of football may not hit Barcelona like heights, however I expect attackers from both sides to have chances and this may be a case of who has the confidence and can handle the pressure to slot home the winning goal.
Both Teams To Score (Yes) @ 8/11
Worth a speculation:
Fulham to win the match @ 6/1
We also have the following Enhanced Wincasts on the match:
Luis Suarez to score and Liverpool to win 6/4 & Dimitar Berbatov to score and Fulham to win 8/1 (Bets void if named player doesn't start)
Opta Stats and Facts -
- Martin Jol is unbeaten in his last three encounters with Liverpool as a Premier League manager (W2 D1), including two 1-0 wins over them with Fulham last season.
- Fulham have won only one of their 11 Premier League trips to Anfield (L6 D4), but this victory came in their last visit there in May.
- The Whites have scored just three goals in their 11 Premier League trips to Anfield.
- Of the 24 goalkeepers to have made at least 20 saves in the Premier League this season, Liverpool 'keeper Pepe Reina has the lowest saves to shots ratio (59.6%).
- Luis Suarez has averaged a shot at goal every 20 minutes in the Premier League this season; more frequently than any other player.
- Mark Clattenburg has handed out more cards per game on average than any other Premier League referee this season (4.6).
- Clattenburg also have the lowest fouls per card average in the PL this term (5.5).
- Fulham have hit the target with 53% of their shots this season in the Premier League; a higher proportion than any other side.
- Liverpool have the lowest shooting accuracy in the Premier League this term (38%).
- 14 of the 17 games involving Fulham this season have gone over 2.5 goals.