Man Utd to run the show? Betting Preview
Manchester United @ 10/11 Draw 12/5 Liverpool 3/1 (90 minute betting)
The reds of Liverpool visit the reds of Manchester to start an exciting day's matches.
There is no love lost between these two giants of the English game and Luis Suarez will not be given or expecting a hero's welcome.
The Reds under the seemingly immortal Sir Alex Ferguson will feel that they are back to their rightful position, as they stand proudly at the top of the Premier League table, with a seven point lead over their nearest rivals (the blue side of Manchester) and with a home record of nine victories in ten games, confidence will be high that a tenth success is in the offing.
During those ten home ties, Man Utd have scored twenty eight goals in front of the Theatre of Dreams faithful and with an attacking line up that includes, in addition to Van Persie, Wayne Rooney (First Scorer @ 5/1 and 5/4 Any Time Scorer), Javier Hernandez (First Scorer @ 5/1 and 5/4 Any Time Scorer) and Danny Welbeck (First Scorer @ 6/1 and 7/4 Any Time Scorer) to name but a few, goals shouldn't be too hard to come by.
Man United's last six games, have resulted in five wins and one draw, with seventeen goals scored and seven conceded.
Robin Van Persie's move from Arsenal has paid immediate returns and he leads the Premier League scoring charts with an impressive sixteen goals. (Van Persie : First Scorer @ 3/1, Any time Scorer @ 8/11, 2 or More goals @ 3/1 and our Enhanced Wincast Offer - Robin van Persie to score & Man Utd to win @ 7/4)
The red side of Liverpool, by contrast, have had their pre-season expectations dulled somewhat after a less than auspicious start to the campaign.
However twelve points have been collected from their last six matches and they are now just five points below their city rivals (Everton currently sit in fifth with thirty six points) and fifteen goals in those recent games testify to a upward climb for the Anfield stalwarts.
Despite the antagonism and criticism directed towards Luis Suarez (Suarez : First Scorer @ 6/1, Any time Scorer @ 7/4, 2 or More goals @ 8/1 and our Enhanced Wincast Offer - Suarez to score & Liverpool to win @ 7/1), he has retained his composure on the pitch throughout and he will be immensely proud at his fifteen goal tally. He tops Liverpool's scoring charts by quite some distance.
Taking all the figures and statistics into consideration, you would have to look towards the home side to gain three points. However, as is always the case in these historical meetings, you can expect Liverpool to be fighting tooth and nail for every ball and I would hope that Brendan Rogers can galvanise the team. If he can't, then watch the goals fly in!
Take your pick: Liverpool to prove themselves or Man United to run riot?
Manchester Utd to win match @ 10/11
Man Utd -2 goals handicap @ 11/2
Total Match Goals Over 3.5 @ 6/4
Worth a Speculation:
Liverpool 1st half/Man Utd 2nd half Double Result @ 20/1
Total Match Goals Under 1.5 @ 15/4
Opta Stats and Facts:
- Steven Gerrard has a divisional high eight goal assists this season, a tally which is just one fewer than his own personal record for a single campaign.
- Manchester United have recovered more points from losing positions than any other team in the Premier League this season (24).
- Only Liverpool v Everton (20) has seen more red cards than Liverpool v Man Utd of all fixtures in Premier League history (14).
- The Red Devils are the only team in the Premier League not to drop any points from a winning position on home soil this season.
- Luis Suarez has scored five goals in his last four Premier League games for Liverpool.
- Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in his last eight Premier League games.
- Robin Van Persie has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances against Liverpool.
- Liverpool have mustered 412 shots this season compared to Man Utd's 333, but have scored 20 goals fewer.
- Only two teams have ever had more points after 21 games of a Premier League campaign than Manchester United (52) this season (Chelsea 58 in 2005-06 and Man Utd 53 in 2006-07).
- Luis Suarez has almost matched his tally of 128 Premier League shots in 2011-12 with this season's total of 123.