Man Utd v Wigan Opta Facts
Steve Bruce takes his in-form Wigan Athletic side to the Old Trafford ground he knows well from his days playing at Manchester United for tonight's Premier League catch-up clash.
At 14/1 in the betting it's hard to believe that, over their last 10 Premier League matches, Wigan are only second in the form table behind Man Utd on goal difference. But Manchester Utd know that they can leap-frog Chelsea into second place in the Premier League table and be just two points behind leaders Liverpool, with a game in hand, if they win at the Theatre of Dreams this evening.
We're bringing you Opta Facts on this and every Premier League game from Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading sports performance data providers, to help you with your football betting.
And if it's more money, rather than more info, that you want then we're also bringing you Enhanced Correct Score odds on this match and Chelsea's FA Cup replay against Southend as part of our January Sale - see the Enhanced Prices and read more about the January Sale.
Manchester Utd v Wigan Opta Facts
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored in three of his four Premier League appearances against Wigan.
- Wigan have lost 24 and drawn three of their Premier League meetings with the big four, but they have never taken a point off Manchester United.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored seven goals in his last five outings in all competitions against Wigan.
- Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in seven games against Wigan in all competitions.
- United have scored 22 goals in seven games against Wigan.
- Wigan have only won five of 20 north west derbies on the road in the top flight.
- Steve Bruce has picked up two draws and eight defeats in 10 league games against Sir Alex Ferguson as an opposition coach.