Midweek Opta Facts: 7-8 April
In conjunction with Opta Sportsdata, Europe's largest sports information providers, we bring you Opta Facts on the midweek matches.
The vital information you need to read to make a sound judgement in your football betting.
We highlight the key historical stats and facts for each of the Champions League, Championship and SPL matches including the big match on Wednesday between Liverpool and Chelsea.
Villarreal v Arsenal
- Arsenal have only scored two goals in their last five Champions League matches.
- Villarreal have played six Champions League games against English teams - five 0-0 draws and a 1-0 defeat to Arsenal in the semi-final in 2006.
- Villarreal have only won six and drawn 11 out of 20 Champions League matches.
- The Spanish side have won four and lost none of their 10 home Champions League matches, but only scored more than once in one of those games.
- Arsenal have won only one and lost three of their last six away legs in the knockout stages of the Champions League and failed to score in four of the matches.
- Arsenal have kept six clean sheets in the last eight Champions League encounters with Spanish opposition.
Manchester Utd v Porto
- United have met Porto three times in European competition with the sides winning two games each and drawing two. Porto have progressed on two occasions and United once.
- Man Utd are unbeaten in their last 21 Champions League matches, but their win over Inter was their only victory in the last five games in the competition.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side have kept 11 clean sheets in their last 14 Champions League matches.
- Porto have kept no clean sheets in their last seven Champions League away games and conceded four in each of their last two trips to England.
- Rio Ferdinand & co have conceded the fewest goals so far in the competition - three.
- Porto's Argentinean striker Lisandro Lopez has scored five goals in his side's last four Champions League games and six in total in the competition this season.
Liverpool v Chelsea
- Liverpool have won seven and lost none of their last nine Champions League home matches.
- Liverpool have played Chelsea 22 times in four and a half seasons since Rafael Benitez arrived on Merseyside, winning seven and losing nine.
- The Reds have won home and away against the Blues in the Premier League this season.
- Steven Gerrard has scored seven goals in seven Champions League appearances this season.
- Didier Drogba has scored in his last three Champions League matches.
- In the previous eight Champions League encounters between these two sides only one has seen more than two goals, and only two more than one.
Barcelona v Bayern Munich
- Miroslav Klose is the competition joint top scorer with seven goals.
- The German side have won three and drawn one of their four games against Barcelona in Europe and tasted victory on both visits to Spain.
- Bayern have only won one and lost five of the last seven Champions League matches against Spanish opposition.
- Barcelona have only kept one clean sheet in their last nine Champions League matches.
- Barcelona have won 10 and drawn one of their last 11 Champions League matches against German opposition.
- Bayern have scored the most first half goals, 11, whereas Barcelona have scored the most in the second 45 minutes, 14.
Crystal Palace v Coventry
- Palace have won seven of the last eight meetings between the two sides, drawing one.
- However the draw came the last time Coventry travelled to Selhurst Park in the league.
- Current Sky Blues player Clinton Morrison scored the only goal of the game in Crystal Palace's last win over City at Selhurst Park - 1-0 in 2006.
- Coventry have won only once in their last five league matches.
- Neil Warnock's side have failed to score in nine of their last 15 league matches.
- Only in one match have Palace managed to score in the second half of a league game since December 28th 2008.
Sheffield United v Barnsley
- The Blades have won their last three meetings with Barnsley on the trot, each time by a one-goal margin.
- United have lost their two league Yorkshire derbies at Bramall Lane this season, whereas the Tykes have won their two on the road.
- Barnsley have only won once in their last six league matches.
- The Tykes have only managed two wins in the league away from home in their last ten attempts.
- United are unbeaten in eight league matches, winning their last three in a row.
Watford v Southampton
- Watford have scored exactly three goals in their last five league meetings with Southampton, winning each time.
- The Saints have managed just three goals to the Hornets' 15 in this period.
- The North London side have opened the scoring in the first half in the last six meetings between the two.
- Watford have suffered just one defeat in their last six league matches.
- The Hornets are unbeaten in their last five league matches at home, four of which they have won.
- Southampton are winless in five league matches, accruing just three points in the process.
Cardiff v Derby
- The Bluebirds are without a win against Derby in five attempts, losing twice.
- Cardiff have won just once in their last five meetings with the Rams at Ninian Park, losing twice.
- Derby have won just two of their last 14 away games in the Championship.
- Ross McCormack has managed to score a goal in the 88th minute or later in three of Cardiff's last four league matches.
- The Bluebirds have managed just one win in their last five league games.
- Derby are without a win in four successive league matches - three of those have been a draw.
Celtic v Falkirk
- Celtic have won both of their meetings with Falkirk already this season, 3-0.
- Georgios Samaras has scored three of those goals for the Hoops.
- Falkirk have suffered five successive defeats against Celtic and have failed to score in their last four.
- Celtic are unbeaten in their last eight SPL matches, but have only won half of these (four).
- The Hoops have managed to score 15 goals in their last four league games.
- Falkirk have only won twice in their last 16 league matches.
- Falkirk have failed to score in three of their last four SPL games.
St Mirren v Rangers
- St Mirren have only managed one win against the Gers in 14 attempts, but this came earlier this season at home.
- Rangers have only conceded two goals in their last six league matches against the Buddies.
- Rangers have won one of their last three league matches.
- Walter Smith's side have not scored a second half goal in any of their last six league matches.
- Andy Dorman has scored four of St Mirren's last five league goals.
- St Mirren have not yet managed a win in 2009 in the SPL.
- Only Kilmarnock (5) has won fewer points in 2009 than St Mirren (6).