OPTA Facts: FA Cup Fifth Round + Fourth Round Replay
Luton v Millwall
- Millwall have won four of the five previous meetings between these two sides in the FA Cup; losing the other.
- The Lions have won five and lost just one of their last eight clashes with Luton in all competitions.
- In the last round, Luton became the first non-league side to win away at a top-flight team in the FA Cup since 1986 (Altrincham beating Birmingham City 2-1).
- Luton are competing in fifth round for the first time since 1994.
- The Hatters have progressed on five of their last six FA Cup fifth round ties; but never (from four meetings) when facing a team from a higher division.
- Millwall have reached the FA Cup fifth round for the second time since they reached the final in 2004 (as well as last season).
- Millwall have won 13 and lost none of their last 17 matches in the FA Cup against sides from lower divisions (excluding qualifiers).
- Luton Town have won seven and lost none of their last eight games at home in all competitions.
- The Blue Square Premier side have conceded just three goals in their last six at home; keeping three clean sheets in that run.
- Millwall have won none of their last six on the road (in all competitions); losing four.
Arsenal v Blackburn Rovers
- This is the eighth time that Arsenal and Blackburn Rovers have been drawn together in the FA Cup. Arsenal have progressed on four occasions; although Blackburn were victorious in their last meeting (2007 Fifth Round) winning the replay 1-0 (after the initial match ended 0-0).
- Arsenal are unbeaten in 34 games against lower ranked sides in the FA Cup (W27 D7).
- The Gunners are also unbeaten in 34 FA Cup ties at home (W25 D9).
- This will be Arsenal's sixth appearance in the fifth round since winning the trophy in 2005. They have failed to progress on three of the previous five occasions.
- Olivier Giroud bagged a brace in the Fourth Round for Arsenal and has scored five in his last five appearances for the London club.
- Jordan Rhodes has bagged nine goals in his last 10 appearances for Blackburn in all competitions.
- Rovers have won six and lost just one of their last 10 in all competitions.
- Arsenal have won five of their last seven in all competitions at the Emirates (D1 L1).
- Blackburn have lost three of their last four visits to the Emirates by at least four goals on each occasion (D1; all competitions).
- The two games between Arsenal and Blackburn in the Premier League last season produced 15 goals.
MK Dons v Barnsley
- This will be the first meeting between MK Dons and Barnsley in the FA Cup.
- Three of the previous five meetings between the two clubs in all competitions have ended in draws.
- This is the first time MK Dons have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup.
- Karl Robinson's side have won four and lost none of their last six home matches in the FA Cup.
- Since beating QPR 4-2 in the fourth round, MK Dons have lost three of four matches (D1), scoring only two goals.
- Barnsley have won six and lost none of their last seven in all competitions.
- Jason Scotland has scored three goals in just 75 minutes of action for Barnsley this season (three sub appearances).
- Izale McLeod, who returned to MK Dons in the January transfer window, scored for the Dons in the first ever clash between these two sides back in August 2004.
Oldham Athletic v Everton
- Oldham are unbeaten in five matches against Everton in the FA Cup (W3 D2).
- The last time the sides met, Oldham left Goodison Park with 1-0 win in the FA Cup third round in 2008.
- Everton have won just one of their last five visits to Oldham in all competitions (D2 L2).
- Everton are unbeaten in their last seven away games in the FA Cup (W5 D2).
- The Toffees have won four of their last six on the road (D1 L1); with their only loss in that run coming at Old Trafford last weekend.
- The Latics have won just three of their last 12 (in all competitions). However, two of those wins have come in the last three.
- Forward Lee Barnard has scored in each of his two appearances for Oldham signing joining on loan from Southampton.
- Left-back Leighton Baines has scored four times in his last eight appearances for Everton in all competitions.
Manchester City v Leeds United
- This will mark the sixth occasion that Manchester City and Leeds United have clashed in the FA Cup. Leeds lead the head-to-head with three wins to two.
- The two teams met in the fifth round back in 1977. Leeds won 1-0 at Elland Road.
- None of the last four matches between the two sides in all competitions have ended in an away win (three home wins and a draw).
- The Premier League Champions have won six of their last nine in all competitions but are without a win in three (D2 L1)
- Neil Warnock's side have lost five of their last seven on the road (W1, D1, L5 all comps).
- The Whites have not kept a clean sheet away from home this season.
- Ross McCormack has scored four goals in his last six for Leeds.
- Manchester City have conceded just two goals in their last five home games in all competitions; keeping four clean sheets.
- The last time the two teams met in March 2004, James Milner started in midfield for Leeds.
Huddersfield Town v Wigan Athletic
- The only previous meeting between the two teams in the FA Cup was back 1977. Huddersfield won 2-0 at home.
- Wigan have reached the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1987.
- The Latics have won six of their last 10 away FA Cup matches against sides from lower divisions.
- Roberto Martinez's side have kept only two clean sheets in their last nine in all comps. Both were in the FA Cup.
- Huddersfield have lost 11 of their last 15 FA Cup matches against top flight opposition (W1 D3). The victory (over Birmingham City) came in their last home match against Premier League opposition.
- Town have lost two of their last eight (W3 D2), after going on a ten-match run without a victory (D5 L5).
- The Terriers' last seven goals in all competitions have been netted by different scorers.
- Jordi Gomez has scored twice in Wigan's three FA Cup matches this season.
- Shaun Maloney has netted in his last two games for Wigan.
- The last two times Man Utd have beaten Fulham at Old Trafford in the FA Cup (as they did in the last round), they have gone on to win it (2004, 1999).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in 12 matches in all competitions against Reading (W8 D4). The last time they lost to Reading was in the FA Cup in January 1927.
- The Red Devils have won 15 of their last 19 home ties in the FA Cup (D2 L2).
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side have conceded just one goal in their last five FA Cup matches at Old Trafford.
- This is the third time in the last four years that Reading have reached the FA Cup fifth round; and only the eighth time in their history. On each of the last two appearances, they have progressed to the last eight.
- Only once in the last 12 occasions that Reading have drawn against opponents from the same division in the FA Cup have they progressed to the next round.
- Wayne Rooney has scored three goals in his last two starts against Reading.
- Adam Le Fondre has scored seven goals in his last seven appearances for Reading in all competitions. He also scored against Manchester United earlier this season.
- The clash between the two teams earlier in the season (in the Premier League) saw seven goals scored in the opening 35 minutes.
Chelsea v Brentford
- Only once in the last 14 years have Chelsea failed to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in four matches (all competitions) against Brentford (W3 D1).
- Before last month's clash, their only previous FA Cup meeting came in 1950. Chelsea won 1-0.
- Brentford have won just one of their last six (D3 L2).
- Chelsea have lost only two of their last 18 replays in the FA Cup; winning 13. Of the three that went to penalties, Chelsea were eliminated twice on spot-kicks.
- Fernando Torres' only goal in his last 12 appearances for Chelsea came against Brentford in the original clash.
- Marcello Trotta, on loan from Fulham, has scored three in four for Brentford (all comps).
- In just nine FA Cup games for Chelsea, Juan Mata has played a part in 10 goals (scored four and assisted six).
- Frank Lampard has been involved in 23 goals (scored 14 or assisted nine) in his last 24 appearances in the FA Cup.