Opta Facts La Liga 2012-13 Matchday 27
Real Betis v Osasuna
- Osasuna have scored in only one of their last six clashes with los beticos in La Liga (1-2 in December 2011), coincidentally their only victory in this run (2D).
- Since September 2008, the Green-and-Whites have only drawn one away game 0-0 in La Liga, and that was their game at the Reyno de Navarra earlier this season.
- Osasuna have not picked up consecutive away wins in the Primera since March 2011, when they won in Malaga and Alicante.
- Betis are unbeaten in four home league games (W2 D2), conceding just one goal in total.
- Pepe Mel's side have scored exactly three goals in each of their last two league games; Pabon (three) and Molina (two) have scored five of these six goals between them.
- Osasuna are the lowest scorers in La Liga this season (22) and have also scored a league-low nine first-half goals.
- In the seven games that Kike Sola has scored in in La Liga this term, Osasuna are yet to lose (5W 2D).
- Neither Real Betis nor Osasuna have picked up a single point having conceded the first goal this season.
- All five matches involving either Real Betis or Osasuna this season that Hernandez Hernandez has refereed have ended in home wins.
Rayo Vallecano v Espanyol
- Rayo have lost their last five successive top-flight meetings with Espanyol, their worst ever La Liga run against los pericos.
- Espanyol are also unbeaten in four trips to Vallecas in La Primera (2D 2W); they last lost there in 1999 (1-2).
- The Madrid-based side have not scored in either of their last two home clashes with the Catalans in La Liga, with Azkoita getting their last goal in this fixture back in 2002.
- Espanyol have the opportunity to record three successive victories at a single stadium in Madrid for the first time in their long top-flight history.
- Leo Bapistao scored his first and only brace in the reverse fixture with Espanyol this term.
- Joan Verdu, who also scored a brace in the reverse fixture, has scored seven league goals this season, equalling his best ever top-flight goal haul (also seven with Deportivo in 2008/09).
- Paco Jemez's side have only won one of their last five league games (1D 3L), but that was in Vallecas against Atletico (2-1).
- Despite only losing one of their last eight league games (5W 2D), Espanyol have gone two games without scoring.
- Without Piti's 10 goals this season, Vallecano would only have 25 points and would be just two points above the relegation zone.
Real Valladolid v Malaga
- Real Valladolid have gone five games against Malaga in La Liga without a win (2D 3L), with two of those coming on home soil (1D 1L).
- Malaga have only lost one of their last six trips to the Jose Zorilla in La Primera (1W 4D).
- Djukic's side have only won one of their last six league games (3D 2L) and that was away from home (1-2 in Vallecas).
- Malaga have already won five away games this season; one more than the whole of last term.
- Valladolid have not won a league game in the Zorilla since top scorer Oscar (nine goals) scored his most recent strike (2-0 v Zaragoza in January).
- Isco has scored in each of Malaga's last two away wins, netting three goals in total during those games.
- Only Real Madrid have scored as many goals as Valladolid in the opening 15 minutes of games this season (11).
- Malaga have lost just two points after scoring the first goal of the game this season, a league-low figure.
- Javier Saviola has been offside more often than any other player in La Liga this season (every 47 minutes on average).
Barcelona v Deportivo La Coruna
- Barcelona have won five and lost none of their last seven clashes with Deportivo in the league (D2).
- The Catalan giants have won six of their last seven league meetings with Depor in the Camp Nou, though they did draw their last one in May 2011.
- The Galician side drew 0-0 at the Nou Camp on their last visit there; only one side (Sevilla) has repeated that result away at Barcelona in the last two seasons.
- Barcelona have not lost successive league games since May 2009 when they were beaten by Osasuna on home soil.
- Deportivo have only won 17 points from 26 games this season; assuming three points for a win, no team has ever stayed up with as poor a record as this at the same stage of a La Liga term.
- Barcelona have scored the most goals in Europe's top five leagues this season (83), Deportivo have conceded the most (56).
- Lionel Messi has scored eight league goals against Depor but only two on home soil.
- Deportivo winger Pizzi is one of only two players to have scored a direct free kick against Barcelona in La Liga this season.
- Lionel Messi has scored in 16 consecutive league games, his best ever record.
- Only Cristiano (14.9) and Messi (20.2) have averaged a shot more frequently than Riki this season (one every 27 minutes).
Mallorca v Sevilla
- The last time Sevilla lost on the island in La Liga was in the season they were relegated to the Segunda (3-1 in 1999). Since then, they have won five and drawn six of 11 games.
- The Islanders have only won one of their last 10 league meetings with Sevilla (D3 L6) and that was away from home (1-2 in 2010).
- If they do not win this game, Mallorca will equal their Liga record of 10 home games without a victory (currently D3 L6).
- Sevilla have only won one away game all season, the same record as relegation threatened Celta Vigo.
- Beto is yet to keep a clean sheet in any game (league or cup) with Sevilla this season, conceding 13 in seven in all competitions.
- Each goal scored by Tomer Hemed this season has earned Osasuna one point (eight goals, eight points won).
- Mallorca have scored the highest percentage of goals by strikers in La Liga this term (69%).
- Jesus Navas has had more shots without scoring than any other La Liga player (53) but has also created more chances from open play than any other player (53).
- Only against Athletic (four) has Jesus Navas scored more goals than he has against Mallorca (three).
- Unai Emery has only won one of five trips to Palma as a La Liga manager (D2 L2) and has never won when Gregorio Manzano has been the home manager (D1 L3).
Athletic v Valencia
- Athletic Bilbao are without a win in eight league meetings with Valencia (1D 7L), with their last victory coming at the San Mames back in 2009 (3-2).
- Los Che have won their last three trips to the Cathedal in La Liga, they have never won four in a row there.
- Only Espanyol (50) have lost more games as an away side at the San Mames than Valencia (46) in top-flight history.
- Iker Munain, who has not scored in the league this season, scored his first home goal against Valencia in 2009.
- Roberto Soldado is the last player to score a hat-trick against Athletic at the San Mames, doing so in this fixture last season.
- Bilbao have lost their last two home league games; they have never lost three in a row under Marcelo Bielsa.
- Valencia have not lost any of their last five away games (4W 1D), a record that coincides with Valverde's appointment as boss.
- Markel Susaeta has participated in more goals than any other Athletic player under Bielsa (11 goals, 13 assists).
- Jonas (five) and Soldado (four) have scored 60% of Valencia's league goals between them in 2013.
Levante v Getafe
- Levante have only won three of their 11 top-flight meetings with Getafe (D4 L4), with two of those coming in Valencia.
- The Blues have only won one of their five Liga trips to the Ciutat de Valencia (2D 2L), though that was in this fixture last season (1-2).
- Las Granotas have lost their last two home league games; they have never lost three in a row under JIM.
- Getafe have won three successive league games on the road; they last won four in a row away from home in 2010/11.
- Adrian Colunga has scored more goals than any other Spanish player across Europe's top five leagues in the year 2013 (six).
- Levante have gained more points from losing positions on home soil than any other team this season (12).
- Four of the five goals scored following Pedro Leon assists this season have been headers.
- Obafemi Martins has gone four home league games without scoring; his last goal at home came back in the final game played at the Ciutat in 2012.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid
- Celta Vigo have lost their last two clashes with Real Madrid in La Liga, they have not lost three in a row against them since 1995/96.
- The Whites have won their last five trips to the Balaidos in La Liga, scoring exactly twice in their last three.
- Celta Vigo have not defeated Real Madrid at home in the league since May 2001 (3-0) but they did beat them in the Copa del Rey earlier in this campaign (2-1).
- Celta have only won one of their last eight league games, on home soil against Granada in Abel Resino's first game in charge (2-1).
- No team in Europe's top five leagues has won more games than Real Madrid in 2013 (seven).
- Abel Resino has experienced a victory over Real Madrid as a La Liga manager; his Levante side won 1-0 at the Bernabeu thanks to a penalty from Salva.
- Celta have scored a league-low four set piece goals this season, though three of them have come at the Balaidos.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 10 of Real Madrid's 23 league goals in 2013, though he has gone three successive games without scoring.
- Iago Aspas has participated in 60% of Celta Vigo's goals this season; a league-high proportion for a single side.
- Of the 10 defenders involved in the most duels this season, Sergio Ramos has lost the fewest (96).
Atletico Madrid v Real Sociedad
- Atletico Madrid have won four of their five clashes with Real Sociedad in the league since the Basque side won promotion.
- The side from San Sebastian have not gone two games at the Calderon without defeat since 2002/03, when they qualified for the Champions League for the first and only time.
- The Red-and-Whites have scored exactly one goal in six of their last eight home league clashes with Real Sociedad.
- Atleti have won all 13 home league games this season and have kept a clean sheet in their last eight.
- Radamel Falcao has scored in two of his three league meetings with Sociedad, but all four goals scored across these two games were at the Anoeta.
- Carlos Vela has participated in at least one goal in each of his last five league appearances (four goals, two assists).
- Atletico are the only team in La Liga yet to concede a penalty this term; they last conceded one in April 2012 against Real Madrid.
- Diego Simeone's side have scored a league-high eight goals from corner sitiuations this season.
- Real Sociedad have conceded the second fewest fouls (306) and have been fouled the second most times themselves (404) this season.
Real Zaragoza v Granada
- Zaragoza have won five consecutive games against Granada at La Romareda in La Liga, scoring 10 goals and conceding just once.
- Granada have only won one of 14 visits to Zaragoza in the top-flight, and that was their first ever trip there (2-3 in 1942/43).
- Los Manos are the only team in La Liga yet to win a game in 2013.
- Granada have lost three successive league games; they have not gone four in a row without a point since promotion.
- Helder Postiga has scored four headed goals already this season; over the last 10 years, no Zaragoza player has scored more in a single La Liga campaign.
- The Red-and-Whites have benefited from two own goals this season; both coming during Lucas Alvarez's short reign as boss.
- Zaragoza have netted a league-high 72% of their goals from set pieces this season.
- Granada are one of two teams (with Malaga) to have not thrown away a single point from a winning position on the road this season.
- Only Gorka Iraizoz (one every 19 minutes) has made a save more frequently than Tono (22) in this La Liga campaign.