Opta Facts Ligue 1 - Matchday 4
Ligue 1 is well and truly up to full speed, and as we reach Matchday 4, PSG are without a win, whilst Marseille have stormed to the top of the standings. Will that still be the case come Sunday eveing?
Ajaccio v Evian TG
- Ajaccio have never beaten Evian in Ligue 1 (D1, L1).
- Ajaccio are unbeaten at home in their last 12 league games.
- Ajaccio have failed to score in Ligue 1 for 259 minutes.
- Evian TG have failed to win in their last six league games (D2, L4).
- Evian TG have lost only one of their last eight away games in Ligue 1, winning four and drawing the three others.
- Ajaccio have picked up the most cards after three matchdays: 11 yellows and two reds.
- Evian have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league games, currently the longest streak in Ligue 1.
- Alex Dupont has won his two Ligue 1 games as a manager against Pablo Correa.
Bastia - St Etienne
- Bastia have won all of their competitive games at home in 2012 and are on a 13-game winning streak at Armand-Césari.
- Bastia are unbeaten at home in their last 42 competitive games (W32, D10)
- Bastia have won their last six home games in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have won their last three league games against Bastia (8 goals for, 1 against)
- St Etienne have lost their last three away games in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven away games in Ligue 1.
- Bastia have scored the most goals this season in Ligue 1 (seven).
- Wahbi Khazri has delivered three assists this season in Ligue 1, all as a substitute.
Bordeaux - Nice
- Bordeaux have won their last four home games in Ligue 1, keeping a clean sheet in their last three.
- Bordeaux have scored in each of their last 17 home league games.
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in their last 10 league games (W8,D2), the longest current streak in Ligue 1.
- Nice won their two Ligue 1 games last season against Bordeaux.
- Nice have lost 28 of their 33 previous trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1, winning three and drawing the two others.
- Nice have won only one of their last eight league games, suffering four draws and three losses.
- Nice have kept only two clean sheets in their last 22 away games in Ligue 1.
- Yoan Gouffran has failed to score in his 11 league games against Nice.
Brest - Troyes
- It's the first Ligue 1 game between these two teams.
- Brest have kept a clean sheet in their last three home games in Ligue 1, winning the last two.
- Troyes have failed to win their last 11 away games in Ligue 1 (D3,L8), losing the last three.
- Brest have had five shots on target this season in Ligue 1, the lowest total so far.
- Troyes have conceded the most goals in the top-flight after three matchdays (7)
- Brest striker Charlison Benschop has shot on target only twice in 248 minutes this season.
- Benjamin Nivet has scored three goals in his last five Ligue 1 games.
Lorient - Nancy
- Nancy have never won any of their six Ligue 1 trips to Lorient (D2, L4).
- None of the last 10 Ligue 1 games between Lorient and Nancy have been won by the away team.
- 12 of the 13 goals scored by Lorient against Nancy in Ligue 1 have been scored in the second half.
- Lorient have scored two goals in each of their three league games this season.
- Lorient have kept a clean sheet only once in their last 22 league games.
- Nancy have failed to win in their last five away matches in Ligue 1 (D2,L3)
- Arnold Mvuemba has converted all five of the penalties taken in Ligue 1.
Lyon - Valenciennes
- Valenciennes are winless in their last 11 away games at Lyon in L1 (D3, L8).
- Lyon have managed to score in each of their last 20 home league games, longest current run.
- Lyon have managed to keep a clean sheet in six of their last 41 league games, lowest tally during this period.
- Since their promotion in 2006, Valenciennes have only won 16 of their 115 away games (14%).
- Five of Lyon's six league goals this season have been scored in the second half.
- Only Valenciennes and Marseille haven't conceded a goal so far this season.
- Lyon have won 47% of their league games with Lisandro since 2009/10 (58% when he wasn't on the pitch).
Marseille - Rennes
- Rennes have managed to keep a clean sheet in their last two away league games in Marseille.
- Marseille have managed to keep a clean sheet in six of their last seven league games.
- Rennes have lost their last three away league games, without scoring a single goal.
- Only one of Rennes' last 25 away league game has ended in a draw (W10, L14).
- Three of Marseille's four L1 goals this season have been scored in the last 15 minutes.
Sochaux - Montpellier
- Montpellier have won five of their six encounters vs. Sochaux since their return to the top-flight in 2009.
- Montpellier are unbeaten at Bonal since they returned to the top-flight (W2, D1).
- Montpellier are on a run of two consecutive losses, their worst losing streak since May 2011.
- Montpellier have already lost 5 points after taking the lead, the joint-most so far with Troyes.
- Under Eric Hély's management, Sochaux have never drawn in L1 (W7, L8).
- All six goals conceded by Sochaux since the beginning of the season have come in the second half.
- All four goals conceded by Montpellier this season in L1 have come after the 72nd minute.
Toulouse - Reims
- Toulouse are on a run of three consecutive wins against Reims in competitive games.
- Toulouse and Reims have scored 18 goals in their six competitive encounters (three wins each).
- Reims have failed to win any of their last 21 away games in the top-flight (D4, L17), losing their last six in the process.
- Toulouse have managed to keep a clean sheet 64 times (in 155 games) under Alain Casanova's management since 2008, more than any other team during this period.
- Toulouse have won their last two league games, their best run since last March.
- Reims goalkeeper Kossi Agassa has made the most saves so far this season : 12.
Lille - Paris SG
- Paris have only won three of their 35 away league games at Lille (in 1972, 1993 and 1997).
- Nenê has failed to score a single goal in his eight encounters vs. Lille.
- PSG are the only Ligue 1 team to have failed to take the lead since the beginning of the championship.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last eight home games in Ligue 1 (W6, D2).
- Under Carlo Ancelotti's management, PSG have only won four of their 11 away league games.
- Lille have managed to score in each of their 19 last home league games (49 goals).
- Nolan Roux's last league goal for Lille was against PSG last April.
All though there is no live coverage of the French Ligue 1 this weekend, you can catch the hour long highlights package throughout the week on ESPN.