Opta Facts Ligue 1 MD6 – 17-18 September 2011
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics
Auxerre - Caen
• Caen have never won at the Abbé-Deschamps stadium in Ligue 1, losing 10 of their 12 trips.
• Caen have never kept a clean sheet in their 12 top-flight trips to Auxerre.
• Caen have lost their last three league games, the worst current run alongside Valenciennes.
• Since last season, Auxerre have drawn over half of their league games (22 out of 43).
• Auxerre have lost only one of their last 13 home league games.
• Alain Traoré has scored five goals in his last four home league games
• Referee Philippe Kalt has shown a red card in each of the first two games he's taken charge of this season in Ligue 1.
Brest - Montpellier
• Montpellier are unbeaten in their last seven top flight games against Brest.
• Both encounters between Brest and Montpellier last season ended in a goalless draw.
• Montpellier have picked up 12 points after five games, their best ever start to a top-flight campaign.
• Brest have failed to win any of their last six league games at home, their longest drought since they came back to the top-flight last season.
• Montpellier have lost five of their last six away league games, their only win coming against defending champions Lille.
• Brest have failed to score in their last 258 minutes of league football, the longest current drought in Ligue 1.
• Eight of Montpellier's 10 goals in Ligue 1 this season have been scored in the second-half.
• Souleymane Camara is the most prolific substitute in Ligue 1 this season (three goals).
Lorient - St Etienne
• St Etienne have never won at Lorient in Ligue 1 (three draws and two defeats).
• Lorient are the most prolific side in the last 15 minutes of games in Ligue 1 this season with four goals.
• Lorient have won only three of 24 top-flight games played in September.
• St Etienne have only had eight shots on target, the lowest total in Ligue 1 this season.
• St Etienne have picked up a red card in each of their last three league games.
• Bakary Sako has hit the woodwork four times in five games this season. His last goal away from home came in December 2011 against Lille.
Nice - Ajaccio
• Nice have won their last four top-flight encounters with Ajaccio, scoring eight goals and conceding none.
• Ajaccio haven't won at Nice in the top-flight for 41 years, it was in September 1970.
• Nice have only scored two goals after five games this season, their worst start to a campaign in front of goal since 1990/91.
• Nice still haven't won a single league game this season (three defeats, two draws).
• Ajaccio have won only one of their last 19 away games in Ligue 1.
• Frédéric Sammaritano and Ilan have scored Ajaccio's six league goals this season, four and two respectively.
Toulouse - Bordeaux
• Toulouse won their two league encounters with Bordeaux last season - they haven't won three in a row against their neighbours since the late fifties.
• Toulouse have won five of their last seven league games.
• None of the last 11 encounters between Toulouse and Bordeaux have ended in a draw.
• Toulouse have never failed to score in their last seven league games, the longest run alongside Sochaux.
• Toulouse have not conceded a single goal in their last 11 Ligue 1 wins.
• With two goals this season, Etienne Capoue has already equalled his most prolific campaign.
View our full range of Ligue 1 betting
Valenciennes - Dijon
• Dijon & Valenciennes have already met this season - in the last 32 of the Coupe de la Ligue back in August with Dijon winning 3-2 at home.
• Valenciennes & Dijon have met nine times in competitive encounters, with Dijon winning four games against Valenciennes' three.
• Valenciennes still haven't won in their new Hainaut stadium, losing twice and drawing once.
• Valenciennes have lost their last three league games. In the last two games, they opened the scoring before faltering in the final stretch.
• All clubs with one or fewer points after five matchdays in the last four Ligue 1 seasons have been relegated.
Lille - Sochaux
• Sochaux haven't won any of their last nine top-flight trips to Lille (seven defeats, two draws).
• Lille have won their last three league games, the best current run alongside PSG.
• Sochaux have won only four of their 59 trips against title-holders in Ligue 1.
• Sochaux have never failed to score in their last seven league games, the longest run alongside Toulouse.
• Since he joined Lille, Moussa Sow has scored 17 goals in 18 league games at home.
• In 25 minutes with Lille, Joe Cole has delivered as many assists as he did with Liverpool in 796 minutes of action in the Premier League.
• Eden Hazard has scored seven goals in Ligue 1 in 2011, making this his most prolifc year.
• Sochaux striker Edouard Butin has scored four goals in 10 Ligue 1 starts.
Evian TG - Paris SG
• Evian Thonon Gaillard and Paris SG are the only two teams this season in Ligue 1 who have yet to be on the winning side at half time this season.
• The Parc des Sports has seen fewer goals than any other stadium this season in Ligue 1 (two).
• Paris SG picked-up 16 points out of a possible 18 last season against promoted sides.
• PSG are unbeaten in their last nine away games against promoted opposition in Ligue 1.
• Evian TG and Paris SG are the league's best defences in the second half of games this season, with only one goal conceded each.
• Six of PSG's seven league goals this season have come in the second half of games.
• New signing Javier Pastore has scored one goal and delivered two assists in his first two Ligue 1 starts.
Rennes - Nancy
• Nancy are unbeaten in their last six trips to Rennes in the top flight, winning three and drawing three.
• Rennes have won just one of their last eight home games in Ligue 1.
• Nancy are enduring their worst start to a Ligue 1 season since 1996/97.
• All six goals conceded by Nancy this term in Ligue 1 have come after the half-time break.
• Since the start of last season, former Auxerre manager Jean Fernandez has won just 10 out of 43 league matches.
• A league-high seven different players have scored for Rennes this season.
• Nancy have suffered more defeats than any other side this calendar year in Ligue 1 (12).
• Djamel Bakar's four Ligue 1 goals for Nancy have all come away from home.
Lyon - Marseille
• Lyon are unbeaten in their last 17 home games in Ligue 1, winning six and drawing one, currently the longest run. They are also the only team unbeaten in Ligue 1 this season.
• Marseille are winless in their last eight league matches, drawing six and losing two, currently the longest run without success.
• Marseille have suffered two consecutive league defeats for the first time since August 2010.
• Lyon have conceded exactly one goal in each of their five league matches this term.
• Marseille have only kept two clean sheets in their 42 Ligue 1 trips to Lyon.
• Marseille haven't won at the Gerland stadium in Ligue 1 since November 2007.
• Mathieu Valbuena has scored or assisted all four Marseille away goals this season in L1.