OPTA Stats: FA Cup Third Round Replays
Birmingham v Leeds United
- Since beating Manchester United 1-0 at this stage of the competition in 2010, Leeds have won none of their FA Cup games (D3 L3).
- Including this season's Third Round game (1-1), Leeds have only lost one of their five FA Cup meetings with Birmingham, winning three and drawing that game on January 5th.
- In all competitions, the Blues are unbeaten against Leeds in the last five clashes, winning four and drawing one.
- On the road, Leeds have lost just one of their last six FA Cup games, drawing three and winning two.
Bournemouth v Wigan
- Bournemouth have qualified for the fourth round on three of the last four occasions that they have reached this stage of the competition. However, this is their first appearance in the Third Round since 2005.
- Wigan haven't kept a clean sheet in any of their last seven games against lower league opposition in the FA Cup.
- Games between these two sides have been tight in recent seasons, with five (including the Third Round game this month) of their last seven clashes ending in a draw.
- The last three meetings between these two sides (in all competitions) have produced a total of just three goals.
Brentford v Southend
- Southend have already eliminated Brentford from the JP Trophy this season; winning 2-1 on December 4th 2012.
- In only one of the last 10 clashes between these two sides (in all competitions) has there been fewer than three goals scored, with an average of 3.7 goals bagged in those games.
- Brentford have won four and lost none of their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Barry Corr has scored four goals in his last three games for Southend after scoring just three in the previous 17 appearances this season.
Leyton Orient v Hull
- The O's have progressed on three of the last four occasions they have reached the FA Cup third round.
- Five of the last seven meetings between the two teams in all competitions ended as draws; with four of them finishing 1-1.
- Orient have won six and lost three of their last 10 home games in all competitions, including two 1-0 wins in the JP Trophy.
- Hull City have won only one of their last five games, but lost only one as well.
MK Dons v Sheffield Wednesday
- MK Dons have never beaten Sheffield Wednesday in all competitions (D5 L2).
- The Owls have reached the Fourth Round of the FA Cup in the last two years, after failing to get beyond the Third Round at any time from 2002-2010.
- Karl Robinson's side are winless in their last three at home, having won each of the previous six at stadium:mk.
- MK Dons have never reached the fourth round of the FA Cup, this is their second third round replay.
Stoke v Crystal Palace
- After progressing beyond the third round just once from 1995-2005, Stoke City have gone beyond this stage five times in the last seven years.
- Stoke have conceded goals in each of their last five home games; having allowed just five goals in total in the opening seven of the season at the Britannia (inc. four in one game).
- Crystal Palace have won none and lost three of their last six on the road in all competitions.
- Glenn Murray has scored 14 goals in his last 13 appearances for Palace.
Sunderland v Bolton
- Bolton have won just one of their seven previous FA Cup ties against Sunderland, with that win coming at this stage of the 1980 competition.
- Six of Sunderland's last seven replays in the FA Cup have gone to at least extra-time (and once to penalties).
- Sunderland have won three of their last four home games, conceding just two goals in that time.
- Keith Andrews has scored four goals (all penalties) in his last six appearances for Bolton.
Blackpool v Fulham
- Blackpool have progressed past the third round just twice in their last 13 appearances at this stage of the FA Cup.
- Fulham have won just one of their last eight away games in all competitions (W1 D4 L3).
- Blackpool have lost three and won none of their last six matches in all competitions.
- Greek veteran Giorgios Karagounis has scored Fulham's only two goals in their last two games; including the equaliser versus Blackpool.
West Brom v QPR
- When drawn against teams from the same division in the FA Cup, QPR have been eliminated on each of the last nine occasions.
- West Brom have lost three of their last four matches in all competitions. Their last win came against QPR in the Premier League.
- Queens Park Rangers are unbeaten in their last three games (W1 D2), with these games seeing just three goals in total.
- QPR have kept just two clean sheets in 11 away games in all competitions this season.
Arsenal v Swansea
- The Jacks have won two and drawn one of their last three games against Arsenal - winning 2-0 and 3-2 in the Premier League before drawing the original tie 2-2.
- Arsenal haven't failed to make the Fourth Round of the FA Cup since 1996.
- Michu has struck three times in his last two games against Arsenal.
- Five of the six goals scored between Arsenal and Swansea this season have came in the final 10 minutes of matches.
- Danny Graham has scored four goals in his last five FA Cup appearances, including the late equaliser against Arsenal in the last game.
Manchester United v West Ham
- Robin van Persie has scored five times in his last four appearances (in all comps) against West Ham United.
- West Ham have failed to score in their last four trips to Old Trafford in all competitions, losing all four.
- The last three matches between Manchester United and West Ham United in all competitions have featured three goals in the last 15 minutes.
- The Red Devils have kept only two clean sheets in their last 12 home games (in all comps), one of those came against West Ham in the league however.