Midweek UEFA Cup Opta facts: 18 & 19 March
Aalborg BK's hopes of overturning the 2-0 loss against Manchester City have been dealt a blow with an increasing list of injuries, which have put a major dent the hopes of AAlborg boss Magnus Pehrsson.
Visiting manager Mark Hughes will be pushing his side towards a place in the final in Istanbul and Aalborg's depleted squad are looking unable to cope with the visit from the Premier League big boys.
Get all the important stats & facts from Opta.
|Wednesday 19:30||St Etienne v Werder Bremen||View facts||Bet Now|
|Wednesday 19:30||Ajax v Marseille||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 17:00||Metallist Kh v Dynamo Kiev||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 17:30||Shakhtar Donetsk v CSKA Moscow||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 17:30||Zenit St Petersburg v Udinese||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 19:30||Galatasaray v Hamburg||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 20:00||AaB Aalborg v Man City||View facts||Bet Now|
|Thursday 20:30||Braga v Paris S.G.||View facts||Bet Now|
- Werder have won just one of their last five UEFA Cup matches away from home.
- The Germans have lost their three UEFA Cup matches away in France, conceding at least three goals in each match.
- St Etienne are unbeaten at home in their debut season in the UEFA Cup, winning three of their four fixtures and scoring at least two in each.
- The French side have lost their last two matches by a score of 1-0.
- Ilan has scored four goals in his team’s last four UEFA Cup matches.
- Marseille have scored just one goal in their last three UEFA Cup away matches.
- The French side have not drawn in their last nine matches in the competition, winning six and losing three.
- The last six goals in Marseille’s matches in Europe (inc. Champions League) have come in the first half.
- The Dutch side have scored exactly one goal in six of their last seven UEFA Cup ties.
- Ajax have scored in each of their last 12 matches in this competition.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last six competitive matches, winning four.
- The two sides have met twice already this season, with Kiev winning their two most recent ties.
- Kiev are unbeaten in their last nine competitive matches – winning seven of these.
- Metalist have not conceded a goal in the UEFA Cup for three successive home matches and are unbeaten in their last four on home turf.
- Kiev have only lost twice in their last 18 away matches in all competitions – both of these came in the same week, losing to Arsenal 1-0 in the Champions League on 12th November, before losing 1-0 away to Shakhtar Donetsk on the 16th.
- In all competitions, Metalist have lost three of their last four matches.
- CSKA are yet to lose a game in this season’s UEFA Cup – they have won eight of their nine matches so far.
- The Ukrainian side have won their last seven competitive matches at home, keeping clean sheets in each of their last six.
- Shakhtar’s loss to Moscow in the first leg of this match is their only one in 13 competitive matches, winning 11 of these.
- CSKA have won 23 of their last 27 competitive matches.
- CSKA striker Vagner Love is the top scorer in the UEFA Cup this season with 11 goals.
- The only time that Udinese have previously reached the last 16 of the UEFA Cup was back in 1999-00, when they were knocked out by Slavia Prague. On this occasion too they had won the first leg.
- Zenit have played Italian opposition twice at home in Europe, being handed a 3-0 defeat by Bologna in the UEFA Cup in 1999-00, before drawing 0-0 with Juventus earlier this year in the group stage of the Champions League.
- Udinese have won five of their last seven UEFA Cup matches.
- Udinese were the first side to put two past Zenit in this competition since Marseille won 3-1 against them in France in the last 16 last season. Zenit went on to progress thanks to a 2-0 home win.
- Galatasaray have drawn their last two competitive matches – against Hamburg in the first leg of this tie and away to Trabzonspor at the weekend.
- Hamburg have lost two of their last five competitive fixtures, drawing once and winning twice. Martin Jol’s side have won their last four UEFA Cup away matches, conceding just one goal in the process.
- Hamburg have scored at least two goals in their last four away UEFA Cup matches.
- The home side has failed to score in four of the last six UEFA Cup matches involving Galatasaray. The Turkish side are unbeaten in their last four UEFA Cup matches.
- Manchester City have scored exactly two goals in six of their nine UEFA Cup games this season (excludes qualifiers).
- Aalborg have won three, drawn three and lost three of their last nine UEFA Cup games.
- Aalborg have kept only two clean sheets in their last 14 UEFA Cup games.
- Championship side Nottingham Forest were the last team to put three past the Citizens, doing so in the FA Cup earlier this season.
- City have kept only three clean sheets in their nine UEFA Cup games this season.
- Paris Saint-Germain are unbeaten in their last six UEFA Cup matches.
- Sporting have averaged three goals per game in their last four UEFA Cup home matches.
- PSG have lost their two previous matches in Portugal in the UEFA Cup – against Boavista in 2002 and Benfica in 2007.
- The French side have conceded just one goal in their last five matches in the competition.
- In this period they have kept three clean sheets, winning each match, but losing the other 3-2.
- Luis Aguiar has scored in three of Braga’s last four fixtures in this competition.
- Braga have drawn three of their last four competitive matches.