Premier League Opta Facts - 1-3 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Birmingham City v Burnley
- The last 11 meetings between Burnley and Birmingham in all competitions have ended as draws or wins by a one-goal margin.
- Burnley are unbeaten in the last four league meetings with the Blues, winning two of those four matches.
- The Clarets have only won one and drawn one of their 18 Premier League away games.
- Burnley have failed to keep a clean sheet on the road in the top flight this season.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last 14 games at St Andrews but the last four in a row have ended as draws.
- Burnley have already conceded 50 goals away from home, more than any team in a 38-game Premier League season.
- Birmingham have drawn more home games than any other side this season, nine.
Manchester City v Aston Villa
- John Carew has scored three goals in five Premier League starts against Man City.
- Aston Villa have only won two of the last 14 Premier League meetings with Man City.
- Villa have only scored more than once in two of the last 15 Premier League meetings with City.
- The Citizens have only failed to score once against Villa in the last 14 Premier League games.
- City have beaten Villa 12 times in the Premier League, more than any other opponent in the competition's history.
- Villa have won four of their last five Premier League away games.
- Manchester City have averaged only 0.96 points per game in the Premier League in May.
Portsmouth v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wolves have failed to score in their last four league games against Portsmouth.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last five league games between these sides and only two in the last four.
- Portsmouth have only won one of their last nine matches at Fratton Park.
- Wolves have failed to score in their last two Premier League away games.
- Wolves have taken only three points fewer than Liverpool away from home this season.
- Wolves have not scored a first half goal in any of their last five games.
Stoke City v Everton
- Everton have won eight and lost none of their last 10 matches in all competitions against Stoke.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last five Premier League away matches.
- Tim Cahill has scored seven headed goals, a league high.
- Everton would be one point behind Manchester United and level with Chelsea if the season had started on January 1.
- Stoke have won three, drawn three and lost three of their home league games in 2010.
- The Potters have conceded as many goals in their last two league games (9) as in the previous 12.
- Everton have scored at least two goals in eight of their last nine league games.
Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers
- Kevin Davies has scored four goals in his last three appearances against Spurs in all competitions.
- Four of the last seven meetings between these two teams have ended in a draw.
- Spurs have won four of their last five home games against Bolton, drawing the other.
- Kevin Davies has scored six goals against Spurs in the Premier League - only against Aston Villa and West Ham has he been more prolific.
- Bolton have failed to score in seven of their last nine Premier League away matches.
- Spurs have conceded nine penalties in the Premier League this season, a joint-high.
- Tottenham have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight league games.
Liverpool v Chelsea
- Chelsea have failed to score in four of their last six Premier League matches against Liverpool.
- Fernando Torres has scored four goals in four home games in all competitions against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have lost 11 games away at Anfield, more than at any other away ground in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have won nine and lost none of their last 10 Premier League games at Anfield.
- There have been six goals scored between the 89th minute and the end of the match in the last nine games between Liverpool and Chelsea in all competitions.
- Chelsea are only the second team since the Second World War to score seven or more goals in a league game three times in the same season.
- Chelsea need four goals to equal Manchester United's Premier League record of 97 goals in a single season.
Fulham v West Ham United
- Fulham have won none of their last 11 Premier League London derbies.
- Fulham have won none and lost five of their six home Premier League games against the Hammers.
- Fulham won the first Premier League meeting against West Ham, but have won none of the subsequent 12 games.
- West Ham have won none of their last six Premier League London derbies away from home and have lost the last four in a row.
- Carlton Cole has scored in his last three Premier League appearances against Fulham.
- There have been five red cards in the last seven Premier League meetings between Fulham and West Ham.
- West Ham have not conceded a goal away from home and won since December 2008.
Sunderland v Manchester United
- United have won 11 and drawn four of the last 15 league meetings with Sunderland since the Black Cats last won against Sir Alex Ferguson's side in March 1997.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has won 10 and drawn three of the 13 meetings with former skipper Steve Bruce as opposing coaches.
- Darren Bent has opened the scoring in each of his last two Premier League appearances against the Red Devils.
- United have won five and lost none of their last seven trips to Wearside against Sunderland.
- Man Utd have kept four clean sheets in a row away from home in the top flight.
- Sunderland have only lost one of their last 17 Premier League matches at the Stadium of Light.
- Manchester United have won 13 and lost just one of the last 16 Premier League visits to the north-east clubs.
Wigan Athletic v Hull City
- Wigan have won three of the last four meetings with Hull in all competitions, including a 4-1 win at the DW Stadium in this season's FA Cup.
- Wigan have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League home matches.
- Hull have lost 17 and won none of their last 23 Premier League away matches.
- Hull are the only side to have played more than two Premier League games in May and not won.
- Hull have failed to score in six of their last eight away games.
Blackburn Rovers v Arsenal
- Robin van Persie has scored nine goals in eight appearances in all competitions against Rovers.
- Paul Robinson has conceded 47 Premier League goals in his last 15 league games against Arsenal.
- The Gunners have dropped 12 points from winning positions away from home this season, more than any other team except Wigan (13).
- David Dunn has scored four goals against Arsenal, the joint-most against any opponent in the Premier League.
- Arsenal have won the last three league meetings with Blackburn by a four-goal margin.
- Arsenal have claimed just one point from their last three Premier League away games.
- Blackburn have not lost back to back home Premier League matches since Sam Allardyce took over.