Premier League Opta Facts: 11-12 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers
- Liverpool's last two Premier League meetings with Blackburn have ended as 3-1 wins to the Reds.
- Rovers have scored exactly one goal in four of their last five clashes with Liverpool.
- All four goals in this game last season came in the final half hour of the match.
- Liverpool have gone 26 home games without defeat, the longest current run in the top-flight.
- Rovers have lost only three of their last 14 Premier League games.
- Liverpool have won eight and drawn three of their 11 north west derby games this season, scoring 25 goals in the process.
Chelsea v Bolton Wanderers
- The nine Premier League matches between these sides at Stamford Bridge have produced 33 goals, an average of 3.67 per game.
- Chelsea have won seven and drawn three of their last 10 Premier League encounters with the Trotters.
- Bolton have taken a point from each of their last two trips to Stamford Bridge, though.
- Chelsea have scored at least once in their last 16 top-flight meetings with Bolton.
- Kevin Davies has scored six goals in his last nine Premier League matches.
- Wanderers have only kept one clean sheet in their last 19 Premier League games.
Middlesbrough v Hull City
- Hull have failed to score in their last three league games in Middlesbrough.
- Boro have won only one of their last 19 Premier League games.
- The Tigers have won just one of their last 15 league fixtures.
- Hull have gone 261 minutes without a league goal.
- Boro have not won against a bottom-half team since August.
Portsmouth v West Bromwich Albion
- Portsmouth have won none of their away games in the Premier League against WBA but have won both of the matches at Fratton Park.
- WBA have gone nine games without a win, the longest current run in the division.
- Pompey have lost just one of their last six league games.
- West Brom are one of only two teams to have conceded more first-half goals (31) than second-half (26).
- West Brom would be in ninth place with 11 wins if only second half results had counted in the Premier League this season.
- Last season there were six goalless draws at Fratton Park but this season there have been none.
Sunderland v Manchester United
- Sunderland have taken only three points from their last 13 Premier League encounters with Manchester United.
- Seven of the last 11 Premier League goals Manchester United have scored against Sunderland have come in the final 18 minutes of games.
- Sunderland have taken just two points from their last six games.
- United have conceded eight goals in their last three league games after conceding only two in the previous 16.
- Wayne Rooney has scored five goals in his last seven Premier League appearances.
- Djibril Cisse has not scored a Premier League goal at the Stadium of Light since December 13.
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United
- Tottenham have taken 13 points from their last five encounters with the Hammers.
- West Ham have not won a Premier League game at White Hart Lane since 24 April 1999, almost 10 years ago.
- The Hammers have scored just six goals in their last 10 league games at White Hart Lane.
- Robbie Keane has scored three goals in his last five Premier League appearances for Spurs.
- Tottenham have conceded only nine goals at home this season – only Liverpool and Chelsea (both eight) have a superior record.
- Spurs have taken 10 points from seven London derby games this season; no capital club has amassed more than this.
Wigan Athletic v Arsenal
- Wigan have failed to score in four of their seven Premier League games against Arsenal.
- The Latics have taken just one point from the Gunners in those seven matches but that did come in this fixture last season.
- On both occasions that Arsenal have defeated Wigan 1-0 in the Premier League the lone goal has been scored by Emmanuel Adebayor.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 17 Premier League games, the best current run in the division.
- Arsenal have played 90 through-balls this season, more than any other side.
- Arsenal have mustered 12 goals in their last four league games.
Stoke City v Newcastle United
- Stoke have failed to score in five of their last six home games against Newcastle (all comps).
- Newcastle have only won one of their last 13 Premier League outings.
- James Beattie has scored six goals in 10 Premier League games for Stoke.
- Newcastle have scored only three goals in their last six Premier League games.
- Stoke have taken 11 points from their last six league games to rise from 17th to 13th.
- Newcastle have averaged only 4.2 corners per game this season, the lowest figure in the top-flight. Stoke have averaged only 4.5, the third lowest figure.
Aston Villa v Everton
- The last three matches between Villa and Everton have produced 11 goals, an average of 3.67 per game.
- Everton have tasted victory at Villa Park only once in 16 games in the Premier League era – that was back in February 2005.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored four times against Everton in the Premier League, more than against any other opponent.
- All six of Jo's Premier League goals have come in home games.
- Villa have conceded 14 goals in their last five league games.
- If the season had started on February 1, Villa would be second bottom.
Manchester City v Fulham
- The 13 Premier League games between these sides have produced 41 goals, an average of 3.15 per game.
- Benjani has scored in both of his appearances for Manchester City against Fulham.
- Manchester City have now gone an entire season (38 games) without a goalless draw in the league.
- City have won their last six Premier League home games in succession – if only home games counted Mark Hughes' team would be in a Champions League place.
- Two of Fulham's last three Premier League away wins have come in the north west (including a win at the City of Manchester Stadium last season).
- The Whites have scored a total of just five goals in their last 14 Premier League away games, with three of those coming last time out in Bolton.