Premier League Opta Facts | 12 - 13 April
Crystal Palace v Aston Villa
- Crystal Palace have won two and lost none of their four previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Villa at Selhurst Park (D2).
- Aston Villa have only won one of their last eight Barclays Premier League meetings with the Eagles, drawing four and losing three.
- Palace have won an average of 1.35 points per game in the 20 Premier League games under Tony Pulis, compared to 0.58 in the previous 12 PL matches.
- The Eagles need one more victory to equal the most that they have won in a single Premier League campaign (11 in 1992-93 and 1994-95).
- There have been 11 penalties awarded in Premier League games involving Palace this season; only Liverpool games (16) have seen more.
- Mile Jedinak is the only player to have reached triple figures in terms of tackles (105) and interceptions (112) in the Premier League this season.
- Aston Villa have scored just six goals in the six Premier League games that Christian Benteke has played no part in this season.
- Excluding Christian Benteke, Aston Villa's squad have scored just 24 goals in 32 Premier League games this season (not counting own goals).
- Crystal Palace are attempting to win three successive Premier League matches for the first time since November 1994 (four games).
- Aston Villa have lost three successive games in the Premier League and could equal their worst run of defeats in the competition under Paul Lambert (four games in Dec 2013).
Fulham v Norwich City
- Fulham have won five and lost none of seven previous Barclays Premier League meetings with the Canaries, conceding just three goals in total.
- Norwich have lost all three Barclays Premier League games at Craven Cottage so far, conceding a total of 13 goals in the process.
- Fulham have drawn just three games in the Premier League this season. The only side to have gone through a whole season with as few was Chelsea in 1997-98 (3).
- Despite having five games left, Fulham have already conceded 14 goals more than ever before in a single Premier League season (74).
- If Premier League matches ended at half-time this season, Fulham would be in 16th place, while Norwich would be in 19th.
- Despite making 83 substitutions this season, Norwich's subs have produced just one goal and no assists.
- Fulham have become the first team in Premier League history to use as many as 38 different players in a single PL campaign.
- The Whites have failed to attempt a single shot on target in three Premier League games this season; more often than any other side in the competition.
- None of Fulham's last 45 Premier League games have ended goalless - the longest current run of all Premier League teams.
- Felix Magath has collected seven points in his first seven Premier League games as Fulham manager, two fewer than predecessor Rene Meulensteen managed in his first seven (9).
Southampton v Cardiff City
- Saints are unbeaten in 13 home meetings with Cardiff in all competitions (W10 D3), last losing to them on home soil back in October 1962.
- Cardiff City didn't manage a single shot on target against Southampton in the reverse fixture on Boxing Day.
- Cardiff City have won just seven points away from home all season - fewer than any other side (W1 D4 L11).
- If Southampton win this game they'll equal their highest tally of victories in a single Premier League season (14 in 1997-98 and 2000-01).
- Cardiff City have won just eight points in 13 Premier League games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (0.62 points per game) - they had won 18 points in 20 games before he arrived (0.90 per game).
- Cardiff City have conceded nine goals in second half injury time this season; more than twice as many as any other side.
- Cardiff City are the only side yet to concede or win a penalty kick in the Premier League this season.
- Rickie Lambert is one of only nine players in the top-flights of England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France to reach double figures in both goals and assists this season (11 goals, 10 assists).
- Lambert has now taken 31 penalties in league football for Southampton; scoring them all.
- Cardiff City have scored just nine first half goals in the Premier League this season; fewer than any other side.
Stoke City v Newcastle United
- Peter Odemwingie has scored four goals in five Barclays Premier League meetings with Newcastle United.
- After failing to win any of their first four Barclays Premier League meetings with the Potters, Newcastle United have won four of their last five (L1).
- Newcastle United have already won five more points (46) than they managed in the whole of 2012-13 (41), this despite having five games left to play.
- Just nine players have scored a Premier League goal for Newcastle United this season (excl. own goals); fewer than any other team.
- 75% of the points that Stoke City have won this season have come at the Britannia Stadium (30/40) - no side has won a higher proportion of points at home.
- The only teams to have won more points at home than Stoke City this season (30) are the current top five teams in the Premier League.
- Stoke saw Glenn Whelan, Marc Wilson and manager Mark Hughes all sent off in their 5-1 defeat to Newcastle earlier this season at St James Park.
- Each of the last seven Premier League meetings between Stoke and Newcastle have seen at least three goals scored.
- Papiss Demba Cisse has scored in every one of his four Premier League appearances against Stoke City - against no other opponent has he scored as many goals.
- Jonathan Walters has scored four goals in his last six Premier League apps against Newcastle - against no other PL opponent has he scored more often.
Sunderland v Everton
- After a run of 16 consecutive league games without a win against the Toffees (D4 L12), Sunderland have won their last two (both 1-0).
- Gareth Barry has scored four Barclays Premier League goals against the Black Cats; against no side has he netted more.
- Everton have won 63 points from their 32 Premier League games this season - should they win this match, it'll already be their highest points tally in a single PL campaign (currently 65 in 2007-08).
- Romelu Lukaku's 13 Premier League goals this season have won Everton 12 points this season - only goals by Luis Suarez (13) and Daniel Sturridge (18) have been more valuable to their respective sides.
- Lukaku has scored 30 Premier League goals since the start of 2012-13 - only Luis Suarez (52), Robin van Persie (37) and Daniel Sturridge (31) have netted more in this period.
- No side has used more substitutes before the start of the second half in games this season than Sunderland (17).
- Sunderland are one of only three sides to have won fewer points at home that they have away this season in the Premier League (12 at home, 13 away).
- The Black Cats have netted just two second half goals in their last 18 Premier League meetings with Everton.
- Adam Johnson has scored or assisted 12 goals for Sunderland this season in the Premier League (eight goals, four assists) - not other Black Cats' player has been involved in more than four goals.
- Seamus Coleman has had a hand in seven Everton goals this season (six goals, one assist) - no defender has been involved in more this season in the Premier League.
West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur
- West Brom have drawn five of their six Barclays Premier League home games under Pepe Mel, losing the other. Four of these games have ended 1-1.
- Spurs are unbeaten in eight Barclays Premier League meetings with the Baggies (W4 D4), scoring exactly once in six of these games.
- Tottenham (25 from 14 games) have won more points than north London rivals Arsenal (22 from 14 games) in the Premier League in 2014.
- Since Tim Sherwood first took charge of Spurs in the Premier League, the only player to have scored more goals in the competition than Emmanuel Adebayor (10) is Daniel Sturridge (11).
- 10 of Adebayor's 15 Premier League goals for Spurs since the start of 2012-13 have come away from home, including seven of the 10 this season.
- 11 of West Bromwich Albion's goals have been netted by substitutes this season; more than any other side - this includes five of their last 10 goals in the Premier League.
- Victor Anichebe has had more impact than any other substitute in the Premier League this season, scoring or assisting five goals as a replacement (three goals, two assists).
- Tottenham currently have a goal difference of 0. Just four sides in Premier League history have finished the season with exactly the same number of goals scored as they have conceded.
- This will be just the seventh time that Tottenham have played a Premier League game on a Saturday this season - every other team have already played at least 12 PL games on a Saturday in 2013-14.
- Christian Eriksen has scored three goals and assisted three more in his last three Premier League appearances for Tottenham.
Liverpool v Manchester City
- Liverpool have won all four home meetings with fellow members of the top seven so far this season, scoring 14 and conceding just once.
- Man City have only won one of their previous 16 Barclays Premier League matches at Anfield (D5 L10), with that win coming back in May 2003.
- This game sees the meeting between the two highest scoring sides in the Premier League this season - Liverpool (90) and Man City (84).
- Only three sides have scored more Premier League goals in a season than Liverpool have this term (90), including Man City in their title-winning campaign in 2011-12 (93).
- This game will see the two players with the most goals from dead ball situations in the Premier League this season (free kicks + penalties) - Steven Gerrard (12) and Yaya Toure (10).
- Gerrard has also provided the most assists from dead ball situations this season in the Premier League (7).
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored in five successive Premier League appearances and has netted six goals in his last six away games in the competition.
- The only forward partnership in Premier League history to score more goals than Suarez & Sturridge have this season (49) is Peter Beardsley and Andy Cole for Newcastle in 1993-94 (55).
- Since he joined Man City on the eve of 2010-11, David Silva has more assists than any other player in the competition (39) - four more than the next best (Wayne Rooney - 35).
- The two defenders with the most assists in the Premier League this season are Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov (6) and Pablo Zabaleta (5).
Swansea City v Chelsea
- Swansea City have won three and lost just one of their last five home league games (D1), keeping a clean sheet in all three wins.
- Chelsea have won three and lost none of their five previous Barclays Premier League meetings with Swansea (D2).
- Swansea City have already lost more games this season (16) than ever before in a single Premier League campaign.
- Eden Hazard was given his only red card in English football on the last occasion that the Swans hosted Chelsea at the Liberty Stadium, following an altercation with a ballboy.
- Swansea City have won just one of their previous 10 Premier League games in the month of April (W1 D4 L5).
- Chelsea have won 11 and drawn one of their last 12 Premier League games played on a Sunday and have won their last nine in a row.
- Swansea last won a Premier League game on a Sunday in September - they have gone 10 Sunday PL games without a victory since (D4 L6).
- André Schürrle has scored seven goals in 12 PL starts this season, but is yet to score in any of his 13 apps as a substitute.
- ‘Own Goals' is Swansea's second top goalscorer this season with eight goals - only Wilfried Bony (11) has more.
- Chelsea have lost their last two Premier League away games. Jose Mourinho has never suffered three successive Premier League away defeats within a single season before.