Premier League Opta Facts -13-15 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Tottenham Hotspur v Blackburn Rovers
- There have been six red cards in the last nine Premier League meetings between Spurs and Blackburn.
- Peter Crouch has scored three goals in his last three Premier League starts against Blackburn.
- Only one team (Man Utd) has managed to score more than once against Spurs at White Hart Lane in their last 31 home games.
- Blackburn have won only one of their last 19 Premier League away matches.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko has scored six goals in his last five matches in all competitions.
- Blackburn have been involved in five goalless matches in the Premier League this season, more than any other team.
- Over the last 24 league games, Spurs have won each match in which they have been ahead at half-time (10 times) but none of the 14 when they haven't.
Birmingham City v Everton
- Alex McLeish has won none and lost two of his four Premier League matches against fellow Scottish born coaches this season.
- Six of the 11 Premier League meetings between Birmingham and Everton have finished as draws.
- There have been just four goals scored in the last three Premier League games at St Andrews between Everton and Birmingham, but the Toffees won two 1-0 and drew the other 1-1.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League games at St Andrews.
- Cameron Jerome has scored six of Birmingham's last 12 league goals.
- Only eight different players have scored for Birmingham this season, fewer than any other side.
- Everton have won just one of their last eight matches away from home.
Bolton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
- Bolton have lost only one of their last seven Premier League home matches.
- The Trotters have not conceded in their last three Premier League games at the Reebok.
- Bolton have failed to score in their last four Premier League matches against Wigan.
- There have been just two goals scored in the last four Premier League meetings between the Trotters and the Latics.
- Bolton have only scored two goals in their last four home games under Owen Coyle.
- Wigan have picked up just one win in their last nine league away matches, conceding 26 goals in this period.
- Bolton have lost 14 of the 15 games in which they have gone behind in this season.
Burnley v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- The away team has failed to score in the last three league meetings between Wolves and Burnley.
- Wolves have lost four and won none of the last five Premier League matches.
- Wolves have found the net just seven times in the first half this season, fewer than any other side.
- Mick McCarthy's men have won just one of their last 12 matches away from home in the league.
- Burnley have scored at least once in all of their Premier League home games this season.
- The last away team to fail to score at Turf Moor was Hull back in October.
- If the Premier League had begun on November 1, Burnley would be bottom of the division and three points adrift.
Chelsea v West Ham United
- In the last 10 Premier League meetings with the Blues, West Ham have either scored one goal or none.
- In the last eight Premier League meetings with the Hammers, Chelsea have either scored one goal or four.
- The Hammers have won none of their last eight Premier League London derbies.
- Six Chelsea players have scored braces in their last eight Premier League matches (Lampard three times, Drogba twice and Anelka once).
- Didier Drogba has scored 10 goals in his last 11 Premier League appearances.
- Chelsea's matches have seen more points dropped from winning positions than any other side, the Blues winning 15 from losing positions and dropping 14 after being ahead.
- Chelsea have not lost back to back Premier League games since May 2006.
Stoke City v Aston Villa
- Martin O'Neill has never won a Premier League game as Aston Villa manager in the month of March.
- John Carew has netted three goals in three league games against Stoke.
- Carew has also scored five goals in his last three appearances in all competitions.
- Stoke have only won two of their last seven Premier League home games at the Britannia and have kept just one clean sheet in that run.
- Villa have kept four clean sheets in their last five Premier League away matches.
- Stoke have had players sent off in their last two matches at the Britannia Stadium and in three of their last four games home and away in the league.
- Stoke have lost just one of their last nine Premier League games.
Hull City v Arsenal
- Arsenal have won seven of the last eight meetings in all competitions with Hull.
- The Gunners have lost only one of their last seven Premier League away matches.
- Hull have only lost one of their last 10 Premier League games at the KC Stadium.
- Arsenal have scored four goals in the 90th minute or later in their last three Premier League matches.
- The Gunners are the only team not to have had a player sent off in the Premier League this season.
- Despite having scored just one goal in the first 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season, Arsenal have scored the joint-most first-half goals (30) in the competition.
- 60% of the Tigers' points last season came away from home, whereas 83% of their points this season have come on home turf.
Manchester United v Fulham
- Danny Murphy has scored five Premier League goals against Man Utd, with the midfielder ending on the winning side in all five games.
- The scorer of the first goal has won each of the last six meetings between Fulham and Man Utd in all competitions without conceding.
- Wayne Rooney has scored three goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Fulham at Old Trafford.
- United have conceded just one goal in their last nine Premier League games at Old Trafford and have gone 10 hours and nine minutes without conceding.
- Wayne Rooney has scored in each of the last six Premier League matches at Old Trafford, racking up a total of 10 goals.
- Fulham have won none of their last 13 Premier League away matches and have failed to score in their last four Premier League away games and have gone six hours and five minutes since their last goal on the road.
- 69% of the goals Fulham have scored this season have come in the second half - the highest proportion in the top flight.
Sunderland v Manchester City
- Craig Bellamy has netted six goals in his last 10 league games against Sunderland.
- Man City have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Premier League away matches.
- Carlos Tevez has scored three braces in his last six Premier League away appearances and on each occasion one goal has come in the each half.
- Darren Bent has scored five goals in seven Premier League starts against the Citizens.
- Man City have won the last nine Premier League games in a row against Sunderland.
- Craig Bellamy has scored six goals versus Sunderland, more than against any other team in the Premier League.
- The Black Cats have conceded only one goal in their last four matches at the Stadium of Light.
Liverpool v Portsmouth
- Avram Grant has faced Liverpool five times in all competitions, winning three and drawing two (two wins for Chelsea, one for Pompey and two draws for Chelsea).
- Pompey last won back to back away games in December 2007; since then they have only won seven out of 43 on the road.
- Portsmouth have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine away top-flight matches.
- Rafa Benitez's side have won their last six Premier League games at Anfield in a row.
- Fernando Torres has scored 17 goals in his last 21 Premier League starts.
- One-third of Pompey's goals this season have come in the last 15 minutes of matches, the highest proportion in the league.
- Portsmouth have never won at Anfield in the Premier League, losing four of their six matches and scoring only twice.