Premier League Opta Facts 15-16 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Birmingham City v Blackburn Rovers
- Cameron Jerome has scored three goals in two Premier League games against Blackburn.
- The last six meetings between Birmingham and Blackburn in all competitions have resulted in home wins.
- There have been 35 goals scored in the last 10 meetings in all competitions between Blackburn v Birmingham.
- Birmingham City have kept more clean sheets (7) in the 2009-10 Premier League than any other team bar Chelsea (9).
- Blackburn have failed to score in their last four Premier League matches, the longest current run in the top-flight.
- There have been just 10 goals scored at St Andrews in the Premier League this season - fewer than at any other stadium.
- The Blues have won four Premier League games in a row, their best ever sequence of consecutive wins in the competition.
Bolton Wanderers v West Ham United
- West Ham have only won one of their last 10 Premier League meetings with Bolton.
- The Hammers have never won at the Reebok Stadium, losing eight and drawing two of their 10 visits in all competitions.
- Kevin Davies has scored his joint-highest tally of goals against West Ham (7) in the Premier League.
- Bolton are the only Premier League team in the top flight not to have kept a clean sheet this season and the run stretches 17 games back to last season without a shut out.
- Ivan Klasnic has scored four goals in his last five Premier League outings.
- West Ham have gone 13 games without a clean sheet, the second longest run in the top flight after Bolton.
Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Three of the last four meetings between Man Utd and Wolves in all competitions have ended as 1-0 home wins.
- Wolves' last win against Manchester United away from home came in February 1980, a 1-0 win.
- Man Utd are the only team not to have dropped a single point from a winning position this season.
- Three of Kevin Doyle's four goals in the Premier League this season have come away from home.
- Manchester United have lost two successive Premier League home games only twice, in December 2001 and March-May 2002.
- Wolves have already picked up more points away from home this season (8) than they did in the whole of their previous Premier League campaign 2003-04 (7).
Sunderland v Aston Villa
- Darren Bent has scored in his last three Premier League starts against Aston Villa.
- Villa's last three wins in this fixture have all been by a 2-1scoreline.
- Last season, Villa won both matches against Sunderland by 2-1 after conceding the first goal.
- Emile Heskey has scored four Premier League goals against Sunderland, all for different clubs. He has yet to play or score against them for Villa.
- Darren Bent has opened the scoring eight times in the Premier League this season, a league high.
- There have been only five goals scored in Sunderland's last four Premier League matches.
Burnley v Arsenal
- Arsenal lost on their last trip to Turf Moor in last season's Carling Cup (2-0).
- Eduardo has scored in both his appearances (in the FA Cup) against Burnley.
- Burnley have conceded more penalties (6) than any other team in the top flight.
- Arsenal have gone 49 games without picking up a red card in all competitions.
- Andrey Arshavin has scored three goals in his last four Premier League starts.
- Burnley have kept only one clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League matches.
Chelsea v Portsmouth
- Chelsea have won all six of their home Premier League matches against Pompey, conceding just one goal across all those games.
- Pompey haven't won at Stamford Bridge since September 1955 when they inflicted a heavy defeat on Chelsea; 5-1.
- Chelsea have won 11 and drawn one of the 12 Premier League meetings with Portsmouth, conceding just two goals.
- Nicolas Anelka has scored five goals in his eight Premier League appearances against Portsmouth and in the last four in a row.
- Frank Lampard has scored four goals in his last seven Premier League appearances against Pompey.
- Portsmouth have won just one of their last 21 Premier League away matches.
- Chelsea have recouped 10 points from losing positions this season, more than any other side.
Liverpool v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have won none of their eight Premier League meetings with Liverpool, but have drawn two of the last three.
- Yossi Benayoun has scored in three of his last five Premier League appearances against Wigan.
- Wigan have dropped a joint league-high 12 points from winning positions in the league this season.
- 78% of the goals Wigan have conceded have been shipped after half-time, the highest proportion in the top division.
- Liverpool have opened the scoring in their last four competitive home matches but have won none, lost two and drawn two.
- The Reds have lost a joint-high seven points from winning positions at home.
- Wigan's 16 league games this season have produced 55 goals, an average of 3.44 per game.
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City
- Eight of the last nine Premier League meetings between Man City and Spurs have ended 2-1.
- Spurs have won 10 and lost one of their last 11 meetings in all competitions with City.
- Emmanuel Adebayor has scored eight goals in his last eight appearances against Spurs in all competitions.
- Spurs have averaged more points per game (2.29) against Man City than against any other opponent who have featured in the Premier League for more than one season.
- Tottenham have drawn none of their last 14 Premier League home games.
- City are unbeaten in their last 10 Premier League games but eight of those matches have been draws.
- City have kept only one clean sheet in their last six Premier League away games.