Premier League Opta Facts: 23 & 24 May
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
Premier League Opta Facts: 24th May.
Arsenal v Stoke City
- Arsenal have drawn only one of their 16 games on the last day of Premier League seasons.
- Arsenal's most recent two final day games have produced a total of only one goal.
- The last two meetings between these sides in all competitions have ended 2-1 to the team playing at home.
- Stoke's last away win against Arsenal was back in August 1981.
- Stoke have collected only 10 of their 45 points on the road this season, but the Potters have won two of their last three away games.
- Nicklas Bendtner has scored three of Arsenal's last four Premier League goals.
Aston Villa v Newcastle United
- John Carew has scored six goals in his last 11 Premier League games and scored a second half hat-trick in this fixture last season.
- Villa's games on the final day of the last two seasons have both ended as 2-2 draws.
- The Magpies have drawn 13 games this season, more than any other side.
- Villa have scored exactly one goal in their last five league games.
- The last four Premier League games between these sides at Villa Park have produced a total of 16 goals, after only eight goals in the previous seven.
Blackburn Rovers v West Bromwich Albion
- The Baggies have not tasted victory at Ewood Park since the 1990-91 season.
- Rovers top scorer Benni McCarthy has scored nine of his 10 PL goals at Ewood Park this season, including the last eight in succession.
- Only one of Blackburn's last six league goals has come from open play.
- The Throstles have picked up fewer points on the road in 2008-09 than any other side, 7.
- Rovers have scored only two goals in the opening 15 minutes this season, a joint-low in 2008-09.
Fulham v Everton
- All 15 of the Premier League meetings between Fulham and Everton have been won by the team playing at home.
- The game has ended 1-0 to Fulham for the past three seasons.
- Diomansy Kamara has scored three goals in his last two league games.
- Fulham have never drawn on the last day of a Premier League season – W5, L2, whilst Everton have won only one of their last 12 final day games.
- Former Everton striker Andy Johnson has never avoided defeat against Everton.
Hull City v Manchester United
- Manchester United have won five of their last six final day games, with the one defeat coming at the hands of a current United player, Carlos Tevez (for West Ham).
- Hull are unbeaten in their last four home league games against Manchester United.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored away from home only twice this season – both coming at bottom side WBA.
- The ninth minute is when Hull are most dangerous – they have scored three times then.
- Manchester United have only conceded one goal in the opening 15 minutes this season, fewer than any other team in the division.
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
- Dirk Kuyt has scored four goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
- Liverpool have scored 35 goals on the last day of Premier League seasons, more than any other side.
- Spurs and Liverpool have both benefited from nine goals from substitutes this season – a joint high shared with Manchester United.
- Spurs have won only once in 16 Premier League trips to Anfield and not since August 1993.
- Four of Steven Gerrard's last seven Premier League goals have been from the penalty spot.
West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool
- West Bromwich Albion have never scored against Liverpool in seven Premier League games against them.
- Liverpool have managed 22 goals in their seven Premier League games against the Baggies.
- Liverpool have scored more goals this season (72) than in any previous Premier League campaign, and they have two games left to extend this.
- Despite being bottom of the table, this is WBA's best ever performance after 36 games in a Premier League season.
- Fernando Torres has scored five braces of goals this season in the Premier League.
Manchester City v Bolton Wanderers
- Manchester City have never kept a clean sheet in the final game of a Premier League season, conceding 28 goals in 11 games.
- City are the only team not to have drawn a home game this season.
- Bolton's last four games have been draws; they have never drawn five in a row in the Premier League.
- There has never been a draw between these sides in Manchester in the Premier League era.
- Bolton’s top scorer Kevin Davies has not scored away from home since January.
- Five of Robinho's last six Premier League goals have come in the first half.
West Ham United v Middlesbrough
- West Ham have conceded six goals in their last two league games - as many as they had shipped in the previous 10.
- Boro have scored a total of 11 goals in their last two final day games.
- Middlesbrough have lost eight of their 10 PL games in east London (scoring just two), including the last six fixtures.
- Boro have scored first and not won in their last two league games.
- Since the end of January, West Ham have scored only three home goals.
Sunderland v Chelsea
- Anelka and Florent Malouda have both scored in Chelsea's last three league games.
- Chelsea have not won a final day game since 2003-04, however, Sunderland have never won on the final day of a Premier League season.
- Frank Lampard has scored two goals in his last three Premier League appearances against Sunderland.
- Sunderland have mustered just two goals in their last nine Premier League games against Chelsea.
- Chelsea have leaked only eight goals before half-time this season, fewer than any other team.
Wigan Athletic v Portsmouth
- Wigan have lost six of their last seven league games, conceding 17 goals in the process.
- There has never been a Premier League draw between these sides.
- Pompey have won two of their three top-flight trips to the JJB, scoring two goals in each win.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in their last four Premier League away games, winning just one of their last 16 games on the road.
- Portsmouth have scored only two goals in the opening 15 minutes this season, a joint-low in 2008-09.