Premier League Opta Facts - 17-19 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aston Villa v Chelsea
- Chelsea's victory at Villa Park last season ended a run of nine visits without a win for Chelsea to the West Midlands side.
- The Blues have scored in 13 consecutive league matches for a total of 31 goals.
- The Villans have won just one of their last 21 league matches at home to the "big four".
- Nicolas Anelka has scored in his last three Premier League matches against Aston Villa.
- Anelka has never been on the losing side for Chelsea in 25 games where he has scored.
- Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League yet to concede a headed goal in the Premier League this season.
Arsenal v Birmingham City
- There have been three red cards in the last four Premier League meetings between Arsenal and Birmingham City.
- The last time the Blues were in the top flight, both league games ended in draws.
- Birmingham have won only one of 10 Premier League meetings with the Gunners and none away from home.
- Arsenal have scored more goals (24) after seven league games than any other side in Premier League history.
- The Gunners have only ever scored more in one previous season - 1958-59 - when they had the same record two defeats and five wins, including a 6-1 away win against Everton.
- All seven of Birmingham's goals in all competitions have been scored from the 75th minute onwards.
Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- The last five meetings between Everton and Wolves in all competitions have been home wins.
- Everton have only twice conceded more than one goal in their last 15 league clashes at Goodison Park.
- Wolves have kept just one clean sheet in the Premier League this season.
- Mick McCarthy's men have managed only one win in 23 games on the road in the Premier League.
- Seven of the last eight league goals that Everton have conceded have come in the second half.
- Wolves have won both matches in which they have scored in the first half this season.
Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers
- Man Utd have won eight of the last nine Premier League meetings against Bolton.
- Wayne Rooney has scored six goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Wanderers.
- Since winning at Old Trafford in 2001-02 and 2003-03, Bolton have lost six straight league visits to the Theatre of Dreams.
- Man Utd have only taken one point from the last four games officiated by Mark Clattenburg.
- Bolton have kept just three clean sheets in their last 33 Premier League outings.
Portsmouth v Tottenham Hotspur
- Jermain Defoe scored in both games last season - once as a Portsmouth player and once in a Spurs shirt.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in 10 of their last 14 Premier League matches.
- Defoe has scored six goals in his last 10 appearances in this fixture 5 for Spurs, one for Pompey.
- Spurs have kept only one clean sheet in their last 15 Premier League away trips.
- Three of the four goals Pompey have scored have been headers.
- 69% of the goals Portsmouth have conceded have come before half-time - the highest proportion in the top division.
Stoke City v West Ham United
- West Ham have won seven of the last eight meetings in all competitions with Stoke City and the last five in a row.
- The only other time Stoke lost two straight home matches in the Premier League, they went on to win their next four.
- 50% of the goals Stoke have conceded have come in the last 15 minutes of games - the highest proportion in the Premier League.
- West Ham have never picked up fewer points from the first seven games of a Premier League season than they have in the current campaign - five.
- Stoke City have lost seven points from winning positions this season - more than any other side in the English top flight.
- All but one of Stoke's five goals this season have come within 15 minutes of half time.
Sunderland v Liverpool
- Sunderland have won only one of the 16 Premier League meetings with Liverpool.
- Rafael Benitez's side have won the last six league meetings in a row without conceding a goal.
- Sunderland have failed to score in nine of the last 10 league meetings with Liverpool.
- Liverpool have scored five Premier League goals from corners - a division high.
- Sunderland have conceded the joint-highest number of goals from corners (4) in the league this season along with Bolton.
- Darren Bent has scored in four consecutive Premier League matches, scoring five times.
Blackburn Rovers v Burnley
- Rovers have won five and lost none of the last six meetings in all competitions with local rivals Burnley.
- Blackburn have lost just one of their last 10 league matches at Ewood Park.
- The Clarets are yet to score on the road in the Premier League.
- David Dunn has scored in three of his last four Premier League outings.
- Owen Coyle's men have been behind by half time in all four away matches in the league this season.
- All of the Premier League goals Rovers have conceded at Ewood Park this season have come within three minutes of kick-off or within three minutes of full time.
Wigan Athletic v Manchester City
- Man City have lost three and won none of their four visits to Wigan in the Premier League.
- Mark Hughes' side won the last game at the City of Manchester Stadium with this their only victory over the Latics in eight Premier League encounters.
- Only one of Wigan's last 20 league matches has ended in a draw.
- Both sides involved have scored in the Citizens' last four league matches.
- 87% of the goals Wigan have conceded have come in the second half - the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Wigan have won their last three home matches on a Sunday in the Premier League by a score of 1-0.
Fulham v Hull City
- Hull won both league meetings with Fulham last season by one-goal margins.
- The Tigers' only away win in the league since October 2008 was the 1-0 win at Craven Cottage.
- Phil Brown's men have scored exactly once in their last five Premier League away matches.
- Fulham have not drawn a Premier League match at home in 12 games.
- The Cottagers have failed to scored in three of their last four matches at home in the league.
- Fulham have lost all four of their evening Premier League matches so far in 2009 (including at home to Hull in March), scoring just one goal.