Premier League Opta Facts: 18-19 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aston Villa v West Ham United
- Villa have won three of the last four meetings with West Ham, all by a 1-0 scoreline.
- The Hammers have won none of their seven league games against the teams in the top five this season.
- John Carew has scored four goals in his last six league appearances.
- West Ham have won just one of their last six league games away from home.
- Aston Villa have dropped only five points from winning positions - the joint-fewest in the Premier League this season.
- It is seven league games since Villa last kept a clean sheet, during which period they have conceded 18 goals, including 11 in the least three.
Middlesbrough v Fulham
- Fulham have won none of their seven Premier League trips to Teesside.
- However the Whites have only failed to score on one of those seven occasions.
- Boro have lost just one of their last nine league games at the Riverside and none of the last six.
- Only West Brom and Middlesbrough (eight) have scored fewer away goals than Fulham (nine) this season - the Whites have scored six of those in their last two road trips though.
- Fulham have won their last two away games by a 3-1 scoreline.
- Fulham have kept just one clean sheet in their last six league matches.
Portsmouth v Bolton Wanderers
- 56% of Bolton's goals have been scored in the first half - the highest proportion in the top division.
- Wanderers have only kept one clean sheet in their last 20 Premier League games.
- Pompey have lost just one of their last seven league games.
- Former Pompey stalwart Matt Taylor has scored in his last three Premier League appearances.
- Peter Crouch has scored four goals in the Premier League against Bolton - only Arsenal and Middlesbrough have been on the wrong end of his strikes more often.
- Bolton have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four Premier League visits to Fratton Park.
Stoke City v Blackburn Rovers
- Only six teams have taken more points at home this season than Stoke City.
- Sam Allardyce's first game in charge was against Stoke and he enjoyed a 3-0 win. If the league had started when he took over, Blackburn would be 10th.
- Stoke have only lost three home games - all against teams in the current top six.
- Rovers have lost their last two league games on the road by a 4-0 scoreline.
- Rovers' last two away trips to the Potteries have both ended with 1-0 wins for the visitors.
- James Beattie has scored six goals in his last 10 games for Stoke and has four in his last nine against former club Blackburn.
Sunderland v Hull City
- Sunderland have won five and lost none of their eight games against the other teams in the current bottom six.
- The Black Cats have only scored three goals in their last seven Premier League matches - all of them came at the Stadium of Light.
- After winning six of their first nine League matches, Hull have won just two of the last 23.
- Sunderland have won the last three league meetings with the Tigers.
- Hull have conceded the joint-most corners in the top division this season - 229.
- The Black Cats have taken just one point from the last 18 available.
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United
- Spurs have dropped only five points from winning positions - the joint-fewest.
- Newcastle have scored only four goals in their last seven Premier League games.
- The Magpies have drawn more games than any other side this season - 12.
- The Magpies have won the last six Premier League games in a row against Spurs, scoring 18 goals in total despite failing keep a clean sheet in any of those wins.
- Obafemi Martins has scored in each of his four Premier League games against Spurs.
- Newcastle have not won any of their away games against teams in the current top 10.
Manchester City v West Bromwich Albion
- 71% of the goals Man City have conceded in the league this season have come in the second half - the highest proportion in the top flight.
- 46% of the goals West Brom have conceded have come in the second half - the lowest proportion in the top flight.
- City have dropped 20 points from winning positions this season - the joint-most in the top flight along with Sunderland.
- The City of Manchester Stadium is the only Premier League ground which has not seen a draw this season.
- City have only recouped three points from losing positions this season - the joint-fewest of any club.
- WBA have gone 10 games without a win, the longest current run in the division.