Premier League Opta Facts - 18-20 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Sunderland v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have failed to score in their last three Premier League games against Sunderland.
- Darren Bent scored four goals in the two games against Bolton last season and has nine in 10 Premier League games against the Trotters overall.
- It is 15 games since Bolton last kept a Premier League clean sheet away from home.
- Sunderland have lost just one of the last 18 matches at the Stadium of Light.
- Steve Bruce's side have kept four clean sheets in their last five Premier League games at the Stadium of Light.
- Sunderland have only failed to score in two of their last 14 Premier League home matches, being shut out both times by Manchester United.
- Bolton have only won one of their last seven Premier League away games.
Arsenal v Stoke City
- Ricardo Fuller has scored four goals in four starts in all competitions for Stoke against Arsenal.
- In the five meetings in all competitions since Stoke were promoted in 2009, both sides have picked up a total of four yellow cards and one red.
- Arsenal have won the last eight home matches in all competitions against Stoke.
- There have been four penalties in the last three Premier League matches between Arsenal and Stoke City, with the Gunners winning one in each of the last three.
- Stoke have made 11 Premier League visits to London, winning three, drawing none and losing eight.
- Arsenal have lost three home matches already, dropping nine points. No title-winning side has dropped more than 10 points at home in a whole season since Arsenal in 2001-02.
- Samir Nasri has scored six goals in his last six Premier League matches at the Emirates.
Birmingham City v Newcastle United
- Birmingham have had exactly two players booked in each of the last five Premier League matches against Newcastle.
- The Blues have won just one of the 10 Premier League matches with Newcastle and none of the five at St Andrews.
- The last five games in all competitions between Newcastle and Birmingham at St Andrews have ended as draws.
- Birmingham have only lost one of their last 23 Premier League home matches.
- Birmingham have scored 27 goals in their last 27 Premier League home matches, but never more than twice in a game in that run.
- Alex McLeish's side have conceded 32 goals in 39 Premier League home games since his arrival at St Andrews, but never more than two in a single game.
- Newcastle have conceded more penalties than any other team (5).
Blackburn Rovers v West Ham United
- The last three Premier League games between Blackburn and West Ham have all ended as draws, with the last two being goalless.
- Blackburn have failed to beat West Ham in their last nine meetings in all competitions.
- West Ham have won none of their last 26 Premier League away games, only one team has ever had a longer consecutive run in the Premier League, Fulham 33 between September 2006 and March 2008).
- The Hammers have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 Premier League away games.
- Avram Grant's side have failed to score in three of their last four away games in the Premier League and have scored fewer goals (4) on the road than any other team this season.
- Chelsea and Arsenal are the only two teams to win away at Ewood Park so far this season.
Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa
- Only one of the 10 Premier League games between Villa and Wigan has ended as a home win and none of the last eight.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in two of his last three games at the DW Stadium.
- Villa have won on their last three trips to the DW Stadium.
- The Latics have only won two of their last 10 Premier League home matches, but are unbeaten in the last five.
- Villa have won just one and lost seven of their last nine Premier League away matches.
- Gerard Houlier's side have failed to score in three of their last four away matches in the Premier League.
- Ciaran Clark has been booked in each of his last four Premier League appearances.
Liverpool v Fulham
- Fulham have failed to score in five of their last six Premier League games against Liverpool.
- The Whites have failed to score in seven of their nine Premier League visits to Anfield, including the last four.
- Four of the nine Premier League games at Anfield between these two sides have ended as goalless draws, including the last two.
- Fulham have won none of their last 26 Premier League away games, only one team has ever had a longer consecutive run in the Premier League (Fulham in May 2006-March 2008).
- Liverpool have won their last four Premier League games at Anfield and kept clean sheets in the last three.
- Fernando Torres has hit 44 goals in 48 Premier League appearances at Anfield.
- 65% of the goals Fulham have conceded have been scored in the first half, the highest proportion before the break of any top division club.
West Bromwich Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wolves have failed to score in six of their last eight games against West Brom and in each of the last three.
- Wolves have won none of their last eight trips to the Hawthorns losing five and drawing three.
- Wolves have won none of their last 11 Premier League away games, losing the last seven in a row.
- In those 11 matches, Wolves have scored only six goals and never more than once in a game.
- Mick McCarthy's team have kept just one clean sheet in their last 19 away trips in the Premier League.
- West Brom have only kept two clean sheets in their last 16 Premier League home games.
- It is 15 Premier League games since the Baggies last kept a clean sheet.
Blackpool v Tottenham Hotspur
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last eight meetings with Blackpool dating back to October 1966.
- Tottenham have only won one game outside London this season in all competitions.
- Blackpool haven't kept a Premier League clean sheet at home, but only Blackburn have stopped them from scoring twice at Bloomfield Road.
- Spurs have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 Premier League away games.
- Tottenham have recouped 16 points from losing positions, more than any other Premier League side.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last six Premier League matches, the joint-longest run without a defeat in the Harry Redknapp era. That run ended after a match against Chelsea in April 2009.
Chelsea v Manchester United
- Chelsea have now won 50 points in the Premier League against Manchester United, more than any other side.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has won only one and lost five (excluding Community Shield) of his six meetings with Carlo Ancelotti.
- Didier Drogba has only scored one goal in nine Premier League games against Man Utd.
- There has been an average of seven cards shown in the last four Premier League games between Man Utd and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with a low of six (2009-10) and a high of eight (2008-09).
- Chelsea have already dropped five points at home in the Premier League this season; as many as in the whole of last season.
- United are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League away games, but have drawn six of the last seven.
- The Blues have only failed to score in one of their last 29 Premier League games at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea have the best home defence in the Premier League conceding just four goals, but those all came in their last two games at Stamford Bridge.
Manchester City v Everton
- Everton have won five of the last six Premier League games against Man City and the Citizens have failed to score in those five defeats.
- The Toffees have won their last three visits to the City of Manchester Stadium.
- Four of the last five games between City and Everton have ended as away wins.
- Man City have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League home matches and kept three clean sheets in those games too.
- David Moyes' side are unbeaten in their last six Premier League away games, but have drawn five of those and the last four in a row.
- Carlos Tevez has scored 31 goals in his last 38 Premier League appearances.
- Everton have won just one, but drawn six of their last nine Premier League matches.