Premier League Opta Facts 19-21 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Portsmouth v Liverpool
- Portsmouth have only won one of the last 11 Premier League meetings with Liverpool and lost the last three in a row.
- Fernando Torres has scored three goals in his last two appearances against Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth have lost six of their last eight league games at Fratton Park, but have won two of the last three.
- Liverpool have only won one of their last five Premier League away matches.
- Portsmouth have taken only four points from their last six league games.
- 35 of Fernando Torres' 49 Premier League goals have come in home games.
- Liverpool have scored only 12 goals in their last 10 league games after bagging 16 in the four matches prior to that.
Aston Villa v Stoke City
- There were nine goals scored across the two Premier League meetings between Villa and Stoke last season, with six of them scored in the last 15 minutes of matches.
- The Potters have won one of their last nine Premier League away games.
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League home matches.
- Martin O’Neill’s side have failed to score in just one of their last 14 Premier League matches at Villa Park.
- Villa have won three league games in a row, their best run since September and have gone 283 minutes without conceding a league goal.
- Over the past six games, only Villa’s rivals Birmingham have taken more points (16) than Martin O'Neill's side (14) in the Premier League.
Blackburn Rovers v Tottenham Hotspur
- There have been six red cards in the last eight Premier League meetings between Blackburn and Spurs, including one in each game last season.
- Rovers have only lost two of their last 19 Premier League home games and are unbeaten in their last seven at Ewood Park.
- Jermain Defoe has scored three goals in his last four league starts against Rovers.
- Since the start of last season, Spurs have kept just two clean sheets in 27 Premier League games away from home.
- Benni McCarthy has scored three goals in his last four Premier League starts against Spurs.
- Blackburn have gone five league games without a win, scoring only one goal in the process.
Fulham v Manchester United
- The scorer of the first goal has won each of the last five meetings between Fulham and Man Utd in all competitions without conceding.
- Danny Murphy has scored four Premier League goals against Man Utd and they have all been winning goals.
- Fulham beat Man Utd last time out in the Premier League ending a run of nine consecutive defeats against the Red Devils in all competitions.
- Fulham have won four and lost none of their last five Premier League home matches.
- The Whites have scored exactly one goal in their last three league games.
- United have drawn just two of their last 39 league games.
- The Red Devils have scored a total of 14 goals in their last five games.
Manchester City v Sunderland
- Man City have won nine and lost one of their 10 Premier league meetings with Sunderland and tasted victory in the last eight in a row.
- Darren Bent has scored five goals in six Premier League starts against Man City.
- Man City have lost only one of their last 17 Premier League home matches, scoring on each occasion.
- Mark Hughes’ side have not kept a league clean sheet in their last six matches at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- Sunderland have won just one of their last 18 Premier League away matches and taken just one point from the last seven games on the road.
- Sunderland have lost four of their last six league games.
- No team has scored fewer away goals than Sunderland this season (5).
Arsenal v Hull City
- Hull City beat Arsenal at the Emirates last season, becoming the only team to concede first at the new home of the Londoners and go on to win.
- The Tigers have taken just three points from a possible 39 in their last 13 Premier League away matches, but three of their five Premier League away wins have come in London.
- Arsenal have won 10 of their last 12 Premier League games at the Emirates, each by at least a two-goal margin, with the other two matches being defeats at the hands of Chelsea, both by a three-goal margin.
- Arsenal have averaged more than three goals per game at home in the Premier League this season.
- Arsenal have kept only two clean sheets in their last 10 league games.
- The Gunners have won just two of their last five league games.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Burnley
- Wolves have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League games at Molineux.
- None of the last nine league meetings between Wolves and Burnley has ended in a draw.
- Burnley have the worst away record in the Premier League having picked up just one point.
- The Clarets have conceded at least two goals in each of their away matches in the Premier League.
- Wolves have kept only one clean sheet in their last 15 Premier League games.
- Over the past six Premier League games, no team has picked up fewer points than Burnley (4).
Everton v Birmingham City
- Half of the 10 Premier League meetings between Everton and Birmingham have ended as draws, but the west Midlanders have won only one.
- Birmingham have won their last two Premier League away games but have never won three in a row on the road in the competition.
- Alex McLeish’s side have scored in each of their last seven Premier League away games.
- Birmingham’s last 10 Premier League away wins have all been by a one-goal margin.
- The Toffees have won none of their last five Premier League matches, drawing four of those games.
- Birmingham have won five games in a row. The only time they've managed six top-flight wins in succession was between January-March 1959, a run during which they defeated Everton 2-1.
- Only Chelsea (9) have kept more clean sheets than Birmingham this season (7).
West Ham United v Chelsea
- West Ham have conceded 97 goals at home in London derbies in the Premier League era.
- The Hammers have won none of their last six Premier League London derbies.
- Chelsea have won seven and lost none of the last eight Premier League matches with West Ham.
- Didier Drogba has scored three goals in five Premier League games against the Hammers.
- The Hammers are on a run of 11 home games without a clean sheet which started with a 0-1 defeat to Chelsea back in April.
- The Hammers have lost their last three league games, they have not lost four in succession since October 2008.
- West Ham have gone 14 games without a clean sheet.
Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have picked up just one point from their last four Premier League away games.
- The Trotters have kept one clean sheet on the road in their last 20 matches.
- There have been only two goals scored in the last three Premier League meetings between Bolton and Wigan.
- Bolton have conceded 12 goals in five north west derby games this season.
- Wigan have scored at least once in 10 of their last 11 league games.
- But the Latics have the worst defensive record in the division (38 goals conceded).