Premier League Opta Facts - 1st-2nd January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United
- Man Utd have won 11 and lost none of their last 13 league meetings with West Brom.
- Paul Scholes has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances against West Brom.
- The Baggies are on a run of three straight Premier League defeats for the first time since March 2009.
- West Brom have not kept a clean sheet in the Premier League since their second game of the season against Sunderland back in August.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's men have won only one of their last eight Premier League games on the road, drawing the other seven.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored eight of United's last 11 league goals.
- West Brom have picked up the most red cards in the Premier League this season (six).
Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers
- Liverpool have won their last eight Premier League matches against Bolton.
- Bolton have failed to score in six of those eight defeats.
- Tamir Cohen has scored in his last two appearances against Liverpool at the Reebok Stadium.
- The Reds have lost back-to-back league matches: the last time they lost three in a row was in October 2003.
- Liverpool have only conceded one goal in their last four league matches at Anfield combined.
- Bolton have lost their last three league away games, each by a score of 1-0.
- The Trotters have not lost back-to-back league matches this season.
Manchester City v Blackpool
- Blackpool have won none of the last nine league meetings with Man City.
- City hit four goals in their last Premier League home game, as many as they had scored in the previous six combined.
- If only home games counted this season, City would only be 7th.
- However only the Citizens (20) and Arsenal (18) have picked up more points away from home than Blackpool (17).
- Carlos Tévez has scored within the first six minutes of three of his last five Premier League starts.
- No side has kept more clean sheets this season than Manchester City (nine).
- The Seasiders have only lost one of their last eight Premier League games.
Stoke City v Everton
- Everton are unbeaten in their last 12 matches in all competitions against the Potters.
- Stoke have won only one of their last five Premier League games.
- City have lost their last two Premier League games at the Britannia, they have never lost three in a row at home in the competition.
- The Toffees are unbeaten in their last eight league games on the road, though have won only two.
- Defender Robert Huth has opened the scoring in three of Stoke's last eight league games.
- Six of the Potters' last 11 league goals have come in the 85th minute or later.
- Tim Cahill has either scored or assisted seven of Everton's last eight league goals.
Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers
- The last eight Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Blackburn have been drawn (3 games) or won by a single goal margin (5 games).
- Sunderland have lost their last two league games 2-0.
- Last time out, Blackpool became the first side to win at the Stadium of Light in the league this season.
- Blackburn haven't kept a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland have kept five clean sheets in their last seven home games in the league.
- Biram Diouf has scored in Blackburn's last two away matches in the Premier League.
- Five of Sunderland's last seven league goals have been netted by Danny Welbeck.
Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
- Fulham have scored only one goal in their last six Premier League visits to White Hart Lane.
- Fulham have won just three of their 44 Premier League London derbies away from home and none of the last 33.
- Roman Pavlyuchenko has scored in his last two appearances against Fulham, once in the league and once in the FA Cup.
- Three of Tom Huddlestone's seven Premier League goals have come against Fulham.
Last time out against Newcastle, Spurs kept their first clean sheet since the opening day of the season in the Premier League.
- In their last match against Stoke, Fulham ended a run of 26 Premier League away matches without a win.
West Ham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Matt Jarvis has scored in the last two Premier League games between Wolves and West Ham.
- None of the three Premier League meetings between West Ham and Wolves have ended as home wins.
- West Ham have won just two of the last 46 Premier League games where they were not in the lead at half-time.
- Blackpool are the only team to stop West Ham from scoring at Upton Park in the Hammers' last 13 Premier League home matches.
- Victory in their last game at Anfield ended a run of seven consecutive away defeats for Wolves in the Premier League.
- Wanderers have never won back-to-back games away from home in the Premier League.
Birmingham City v Arsenal
- Birmingham have scored a 90th minute goal in three of their last four home games against Arsenal, picking up an extra four points as a result.
- Samir Nasri has scored in both of his Premier League appearances against Birmingham.
- Just one of the 13 Premier League meetings between Birmingham and Arsenal has been won by the Blues, but they have drawn three of the last five against the Gunners.
- There have been four red cards in the last seven Premier League games between Arsenal and Birmingham.
- Birmingham have only lost one of their last 24 Premier League home matches, but 13 of these have ended as draws.
- Birmingham have scored 28 goals in their last 28 Premier League home matches, but never more than twice in a game in that run.
- Arsenal have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last seven league matches.
Chelsea v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa have won none and lost six of their last eight Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge.
- Frank Lampard has scored nine goals against Villa, more than against any other opponent in the Premier League.
- Aston Villa have lost five of their last six Premier League games.
- The Villans have hit just one goal in their last five league away games.
- After scoring 27 goals in their opening 10 Premier League games this season, Chelsea have hit just six in the nine since.
- The Blues have not scored more than once in a Premier League game since October.
Wigan Athletic v Newcastle United
- Wigan scored two goals from just three shots on target when they drew 2-2 with Newcastle at St James Park.
- Ryan Taylor has scored four times in this fixture, all while still a Wigan player.
- The Magpies have won only one of their last eight league games and have won fewer points than any other side in this period (5).
- Newcastle have not won a league match in which they have failed to score in the first half this season.
- The Magpies are on a run of three straight defeats away from home in the league.
- At the DW Stadium, the Latics have not been defeated in any of their last six matches in the league.
- Tom Cleverley has hit three goals in Wigan's last five Premier League matches.