Premier League Opta Facts - 23-24 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Birmingham City v Blackpool
- Birmingham have lost and failed to score in their last three meetings with Blackpool in all competitions.
- There have been just five goals scored in four matches at St Andrews this season, the fewest at any Premier League ground.
- If Birmingham fail to score against Blackpool it will be their worst ever run of consecutive games at home without a goal in the Premier League (four matches).
- The Seasiders have found the back of the net in six consecutive matches at Birmingham in all competitions.
- Marlon Harewood has scored a goal every 87 minutes this season, the fastest rate in the top flight.
- Blackpool 'keeper Matthew Gilks has conceded a goal every 40 minutes on average, the fastest rate in the division.
- No team has conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes of games than Blackpool (3).
Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- The Pensioners have not conceded a goal in the last 691 minutes of Premier League football at Stamford Bridge.
- Didier Drogba has scored nine goals in his last five Premier league games at Stamford Bridge.
- Chelsea have won all four Premier League meetings with Wolves, bagging 16 goals in these games.
- In all four Premier League encounters between the two sides, one Chelsea player has scored more than once in the game.
- Chelsea have won 14 and lost one of their last 15 Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge.
- Wolves have lost 10 points from leading positions this season, more than any other side.
- Chelsea are the only Premier League side not to have lost any points from winning positions or gained any from a losing position.
Sunderland v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa's last three Premier League away matches have all finished with a 2-1 scoreline (one win, two defeats).
- Steve Bruce's men have only lost one of their last 14 Premier League home games since Villa beat them at the Stadium of Light last December.
- Sunderland are without a win in their last five matches at home to Villa in all competitions.
- Villa have lost four of their last five Premier League away matches.
- Sunderland have drawn their last five league games, the last two ending goalless.
- Villa have scored in 16 of their last 19 Premier League games.
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton
- Rafael van der Vaart has now netted four goals in his three appearances at White Hart Lane in all competitions.
- Everton won none of their first 14 Premier League visits to White Hart Lane, then won three in a row before losing last season's encounter in north London.
- Everton haven't won back to back Premier League away matches since May 2009.
- Only one team has scored more than one goal in any of the last 40 Premier League games at White Hart Lane (Manchester United in September 2009).
- Tottenham have conceded exactly one goal in their last seven Premier League games.
- Three of Spurs' four wins this season have been by two goals to one, the other ended 3-1.
- Everton are one point better off than they were after eight games in 2008-09 when they went onto finish fifth.
- Rafael van der Vaart has hit a shot every 21.7 minutes, the fastest rate in the Premier League.
West Bromwich Albion v Fulham
- Fulham have won none of their last 22 Premier League away matches, but they have drawn the last four in a row.
- West Brom have lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches at the Hawthorns.
- WBA have scored just four goals in eight Premier League games against Fulham.
- The four Premier League games between West Brom and Fulham at the Hawthorns have produced a total of just four goals.
- Fulham have drawn six of their eight league games this season.
- WBA have not dropped any points from a leading position this season.
- Six of West Brom's 11 league goals this season have come in the 15 minutes after half-time.
West Ham United v Newcastle United
- Newcastle have won only one Premier League away game in October since 2003.
- There have been exactly four goals scored in the last five Premier League matches between West Ham and Newcastle.
- West Ham have scored at least two goals in five of their last six Premier League home games against Newcastle.
- Newcastle's rate of a point per game after eight matches represents their fourth worst start to a Premier League campaign.
- Newcastle have conceded an average of only 3.63 corners per game this season, compared to 7.38 per game for West Ham.
Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wanderers
- Johan Elmander has scored four goals in four Premier League away games this season.
- The last five Premier League games between these sides have produced only six goals in total, with four of them coming from Bolton in the most recent meeting.
- Wigan have scored only eight goals in 10 games against Bolton in the Premier League.
- Wigan have the same number of points (9) as they did after eight games last season.
- Wigan have made fewer touches in the opposition box than any other side this season, 111.
- 50% of Wigan's goals this season have come in the last 15 minutes of games.
Manchester City v Arsenal
- Arsenal haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 15 away matches in all competitions.
- The Gunners have won just one of their last eight Premier League away games.
- Arsenal have lost four of their last five away trips in all competitions to the City of Manchester Stadium.
- Arsenal have lost five and won two of their seven Premier League away games with Mark Clattenburg as the official, the two wins both coming in London.
- City have exactly the same record as they did after eight games last season - W5 D2 L1 GD+7, though were only fifth at this stage in 2009/10.
- Carlos Tevez has been directly involved in nine of Manchester City's 12 goals this season (two assists, seven goals), and has scored 28 times in his last 31 Premier League outings.
Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers
- The last 17 penalties at Anfield in the Premier League have been scored.
- Liverpool have lost 49 Premier League matches at Anfield.
- Steven Gerrard has scored 49 goals at Anfield in the Premier League.
- Blackburn have scored only five goals in their last 11 league games against Liverpool.
- Rovers have won only one of their 16 Premier League games at Anfield, 1-0 in September 1993.
- There have only been 40 occasions in Premier League history of a team getting fewer than six points from their opening eight games.
Stoke City v Manchester United
- Manchester United have drawn all four of their Premier League away matches this season.
- Manchester United have only won one of their last six away Premier League games following a Champions League midweek match; suffering 3 defeats and playing out 2 draws.
- Manchester United have dropped six points from winning positions this season - twice as many as in the whole of 2009-10.
- Of the nine occasions Manchester United have let a two goal lead slip in the Premier League, two have come since the start of September (v Everton and WBA).
- The Red Devils have only won three of their last eight away games on a Sunday, the two this season have ended 2-2.
- Since moving to Manchester United in 2004, Wayne Rooney has scored more Premier League goals than any other player (92).