Premier League Opta Facts - 24-25 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa
- Villa have won seven and drawn one of the last eight league games against Wolves.
- In fact, the Villans have won 12 and drawn two of the last 14 meetings in all competitions with Wanderers.
- Wolves have only won one of their six Midlands derbies in the Premier League.
- Villa have hit fewer shots on target (22) than any other side this season.
- Villa have scored 24 goals in their last 13 top-flight away games against Wolves.
Birmingham City v Sunderland
- Sunderland have won the last two meetings with Birmingham by a 2-0 scoreline including a Carling Cup victory earlier this season.
- In the Premier League, Birmingham have the edge though with four wins and only one defeat in six meetings.
- Sunderland have only won five of 29 Premier League trips to the Midlands and lost the last four in a row.
- Darren Bent has scored in five successive Premier League matches. If he manages to find the net in this game, he will become the first player to score in six successive top-flight matches for the Black Cats since Trevor Ford in December 1951.
- Sunderland's total of 13 goals from strikers this season is a divisional high.
Burnley v Wigan Athletic
- Both Burnley and Wigan have failed to score in four of the last five league meetings between each other. Three of the five games have ended 0-0.
- Six of the last eight league meetings between Burnley and Wigan have ended as draws.
- Burnley have won 10 matches on the trot in the league at home (including play-off games).
- 88% of the goals Wigan have conceded have come in the second half - the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Burnley are the only one of the 43 Premier League teams not to have drawn a game.
Hull City v Portsmouth
- Both Premier League meetings between Hull City and Portsmouth ended as draws last season.
- Pompey are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings with the Tigers.
- Hull have kept just three clean sheets in their 23 Premier League games at the KC stadium - one of those was against Portsmouth.
- Pompey ended a run of 16 league games on the road without a win with victory over Wolves last time out.
- Portsmouth have scored just five goals this season, fewer than any other side.
- Hull are one of three teams not to have scored in the closing 15 minutes of top-flight matches this season.
Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke City
- Tottenham have won five and lost only one of the last seven league meetings with Stoke City.
- Stoke have not won away at Spurs since February 1975 - suffering eight defeats in 11 visits since.
- Tottenham have won nine of their last 10 home games in the league.
- Arsenal are the only away side to keep a clean sheet at White Hart Lane in 2009.
- Stoke have drawn their last three away games, their longest unbeaten run on the road in the Premier League.
- The Potters have gone 50 top-flight away games without scoring more than two goals.
Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have failed to score in their last six league meetings with Chelsea.
- Only Arsenal (6) have won more times at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League than Blackburn Rovers (5).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 league games at Stamford Bridge and have won the last six in a row.
- Nicolas Anelka has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League starts against Rovers - he has not been more prolific against any other opponent.
- In the first halves of Rovers' last two league games there have been a total of nine goals.
- Rovers have mustered 10 goals in their last five league games.
Bolton Wanderers v Everton
- Bolton have failed to score in each of their last three meetings with Everton and have scored only twice in the last six games.
- Wanderers have only won two of their last 10 Premier League encounters with the Toffeemen.
- Everton have never scored more than two goals in away games at Bolton in the Premier League.
- Everton are the only team to have picked up fewer than 10 yellow cards this season (8).
- Bolton are the only side not to have kept a clean sheet this season.
Liverpool v Manchester United
- If Liverpool lose this game then it will be the first time they have lost three successive league games under Rafa Benitez.
- Liverpool have failed to score in their last two league games. They have not gone three in a row without scoring since March 2005.
- Only one of Liverpool's last 21 league games has ended as a draw and United have gone 14 Premier League away games without a draw.
- The only Premier League home team to score more than once against Manchester United in 2009 are Fulham, back in March.
- United have lost only one of their last seven Premier League trips to Anfield.
- The last five league meetings between these sides in Liverpool have seen a total of just six goals, three of them in last season's match.
Manchester City v Fulham
- Fulham have won three of their last four trips to Manchester City in the Premier League.
- Three of Fulham's last nine Premier League away wins have come at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- The Whites have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last three Premier League away games.
- City have won their last six Premier League home games, and 12 of the last 13 - their only reversal in this period came at the hands of Fulham.
- City have gone 26 home games without a draw, the 10th longest run in top-flight history.
- Clint Dempsey is hitting 3.25 shots per game on average this season, the fourth highest rate, but is yet to score.
- Bobby Zamora has matched his goal total for 2008-09 (4 - all competitions) already this season.
West Ham United v Arsenal
- West Ham have failed to score in each of their last four meetings with Arsenal.
- The Hammers have averaged just 0.61 goals per game in their 28 Premier League meetings with Arsenal.
- Overall, West Ham have scored just 65 goals in 52 top-flight league games at home to the Gunners.
- Arsenal have benefited from six substitute goals this season, twice as many as any other team.
- Arsenal have only ever lost two Premier league games at Upton Park.
- Robin Van Persie has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances.