Premier League Opta Facts - 26-27 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Fulham v West Ham United
- Fulham have not won on Boxing Day since 2003.
- The Hammers have scored in all but one of their last 16 matches on Boxing Day.
- Carlton Cole has scored in each of his last four Premier League starts for West Ham against Fulham, but he also scored an own goal last time out at Craven Cottage.
- There have been seven red cards in the last 13 Premier League meetings between West Ham and Fulham.
- Fulham have only won one of the last 14 Premier League meetings with the Hammers.
- Dempsey has scored a goal in each of his last three matches for club and country against goalkeeper Rob Green.
- Fulham have not won any of their last four Premier League matches at home, their longest run since they went five without a victory in January 2008.
- West Ham have won none of their last 27 Premier League away games, only one team has ever had a longer consecutive run in the Premier League (Fulham 33 between September 2006 and March 2008).
Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City
- Blackburn have lost just one of their 15 matches on Boxing Day in the Premier League.
- Stoke are without a win on the 26th December since 2000 (five defeats, four draws).
- Blackburn have failed to score in the last four Premier League games against Stoke.
- Stoke have failed to score in their last three visits to Ewood Park.
- Neither Stoke nor Blackburn have managed an away goal against the other in the five Premier League meetings.
- Kenwyne Jones has scored three goals in his last four Premier League games against Blackburn.
- Stoke City have won none of their 18 away games in the Premier League against clubs from the north west.
Blackpool v Liverpool
- Blackpool are unbeaten in their last five Boxing Day matches.
- The Reds have won six of their last seven games on the 26th December.
- Only one of the last 13 league meetings between Blackpool and Liverpool has ended as a home win.
- Blackpool have won none of their three home north west derbies in the Premier League.
- Liverpool have won just two of 18 Premier League away matches in the calendar year 2010.
- Roy Hodgson has won just one of his last 27 games away from home as a manager in the Premier League.
Bolton Wanderers v West Bromwich Albion
- The Trotters have only lost one of their seven matches at home on the 26th December in the Premier League era.
- The Baggies have lost all four of their Premier League matches on Boxing Day, scoring just one goal.
- Seven of the nine Premier League meetings between West Brom and Bolton have ended as draws.
- West Brom have only won two of their last 25 Premier League away matches.
- The Baggies haven't kept a clean sheet on their travels in the 2010-11 Premier League.
- Bolton have lost just one of their last 11 Premier League home games and won four of the last six at the Reebok Stadium.
- West Brom have earned the most red cards in the top flight this season; 5.
- The Baggies have conceded more goals (5) than any other team in the opening 15 minutes of games in the Premier League.
Everton v Birmingham City
- Everton have shipped just one goal in their last four games on Boxing Day.
- Birmingham have only been defeated once in six Premier League matches on 26th December.
- Birmingham have only won one of their 13 Premier League meetings with Everton.
- Everton have only won two their last nine Premier League home games.
- Birmingham have won none and lost nine of their last 14 Premier League away matches.
- Alex McLeish's side have kept only two clean sheets in their last 18 Premier League away games.
Manchester United v Sunderland
- Since the advent of the Premier League, United have won 13 of their 16 games on Boxing Day: no other side in the Football League has won more than 10.
- However their only defeat in this period did come in the North-East: 3-1 vs Middlesbrough in 2002.
- Sunderland have hit just one goal in their last four Premier League matches on 26th December.
- Manchester United have lost none of their last 17 Premier League matches against Sunderland.
- Man Utd have scored 90th minute goals in three of their last five home Premier League games against Sunderland and accrued five extra points as a result of these goals.
- Sunderland have only scored three goals in the last eight Premier League meetings with Manchester United.
- United have won 18, lost one and drawn one of their last 20 Premier League games at OId Trafford.
Newcastle United v Manchester City
- Newcastle are without a win on Boxing Day in eight matches since 2001.
- The Citizens are on a run of three straight wins on the 26th December.
- Newcastle have won none of the last eight Premier League meetings with Man City.
- Carlos Tevez has scored three goals in four Premier League appearances against Newcastle.
- Newcastle have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight matches at St James Park.
- Man City have won just one of the last six and none of their last four away games in the north east in the Premier League against Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
- Manchester City have the best away record in the Premier League earning 17 points on the road with a goal difference of +8.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Wigan Athletic
- Wigan have not failed to score in a Boxing Day match since 1991.
- Wolves ended a run of being the only side in the Premier League without a clean sheet this season when they shut out Birmingham last time out.
- Wolves have won back to back home games for the fifth time in Premier League history, but have never won three on the spin at Molineux.
- Wigan have won just one of their last 10 Premier League matches.
- Wigan have won just two of their last 22 Premier League away matches.
- Arsenal are the only team to prevent Wolves from scoring against them in their last 11 Premier League matches at Molineux.
Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur
- Only Robbie Fowler (nine) has scored more Premier League goals on Boxing Day than Robbie Keane (eight).
- Villa have picked up maximum points in just one of their nine Boxing Day games since 1999.
- Spurs are unbeaten on 26th December since 2003.
- Six of the last 11 matches between Aston Villa and Tottenham have ended as draws.
- Ciaran Clark has been booked in each of his last four Premier League appearances.
- Villa have gone seven Premier League games without a clean sheet.
- Spurs have gone 16 matches without keeping a clean sheet in the Premier League.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last six Premier League matches, the joint-longest run without a defeat in the Harry Redknapp era. That run ended after a match against Chelsea in April 2009.
Arsenal v Chelsea
- Didier Drogba has hit eight goals against Arsenal in the Premier League, more than against any other side.
- The Gunners have only been able to win two of their last 18 matches against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Arsenal have only won one and lost four of the last seven home games against Chelsea in all competitions.
- Nicolas Anelka has scored seven goals in his last 12 Premier League starts against Arsenal.
- Arsenal have lost three home matches already, dropping nine points. No title-winning side has dropped more than 10 points at home in a whole season since Arsenal in 2001-02.
- The Gunners have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven Premier League home matches.
- Samir Nasri has scored six goals in his last six Premier League matches at the Emirates.